Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll keep the story as short as possible. `I was contacted about an odor removal job in a Chrysler Town and Country, in which other `detailers` failed miserably. `The vehicle was an hour away, so we opted to meet in a central location. `I was informed there was a dead mouse that was removed from the van by someone else and then shampooed. `I meet up with the lady and I can smell death from 5-6 parking spots away. `I get closer and pretty much start dry heaving, real professional huh? `lol

I catch my breath and look around the van, MAGGOTS EVERYWHERE. `I was also informed that the smell has been in there for a week and a half now, and only getting worse. `After catching my breath I decided to see if there were any mice dead on the cabin air filter. `I brush the maggots to the side, lay on my back on the passenger side, and remove the carpeted piece under the glove box. ` Maggots dumped all over my face. Back tot eh dry heaving, I told them I spotted a tail WAY up in the dash. `Next step, besides puking, I told them to contact the insurance company.... `It was a dead FULL SIZE CAT!

`

Maggots:

`

Animal Tail:

`

The Insurance company agrees to me doing the job and had the van towed to my house a few days later. `As if the smell was gonna get any better.

`

The wanted me to pull some of the dash so the adjuster can see if there was any wiring damage.

`

All Geared up and ready to get in the van. `

`

It didn`t take long for the smell to go right through the filters... `I had to stuff dryer sheets in it.. haha

`

Time to get dirty.....

I will skip all of the pics of removing the pieces one by one and skip ahead a little.

Here is with all the plastics stripped away.

`

EVERY SINGLE plastic piece removed was cleaned and sanitized with an enzyme cleaner.

`

In addition `to removing all of the plastic pieces, some had electronics that had to be removed and cleaned individually.

`

`

`

`

As you can see, the fluids from the cat were on everything.

`

Still tearing into it to to get to the cat

`

And the pile gets bigger

`

By this time, the adjuster pulls up to check out the van....hahaha, his face .....I was dying laughing. `Basically said charge whatever.

`

`

`

All of the seats were removed and the carpet was pulled up. `Under the carpet.....Maggots and Fluids from the dead cat. `All the padding had to be stripped and replaced..

`

Found the cat, in the worst place.....behind the heater/AC box, stuck between that and the firewall. `Crap

Look away now if you get sick easy......

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

`

Here`s the culprit

`

`

`

`

The cat started decomposing on the heater/AC box, all the wires were pretty much `in` the cat.

I gathered enough courage to pull it out....sort of. `It was stuck. `I grabbed the head (wearing gloves of course) and the head started coming off. `I had to reach down with my other hand to grab the body....which squished right through it..... `nice.....

Got it out.

`

`

`

After it was removed, the van was a mess. `More had to come out.

`

`

`

Looking straight down

`

`

Bye-bye metal dash support....and steering column.....and wiring harness

`

`

`

Had to order new firewall padding

`

`

After further inspection, the entire heater/AC box had to be removed and completely dismantled. `The fluids leaked into it.

`

I had to call a mobile mechanic to come remove the Freon so I could remove it. `I called him back when I had the van back together to re charge the system after an hour vac on the system.

`

`

Everything was taken out, cleaned, sanitized. `I ran the ozone machine in the van for a several hours to kill the smell. `Everything was shampooed from the headliner down.

After making sure everything was taken care of, it was reassembly time.

I was lacking on afters, as I wanted to get it done.

Here is the heater core assembly and dash support back in. `(as well as new firewall padding.

`

`

I stopped here to ozone the van again for a few hours. `Then re-shampoo the carpet, new padding. (seated were shampooed out of the van)

After the carpet was laid back in, the seats were put back in, then ozone for another 2 hours. `

`

DONE

I bought her a stuffed dog and set it on the dash as a joke. Told here it will keep the cats out of her van.....and to keep her windows rolled up!

`

`

Delivering it back..

`

`

`

`

Thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like

I really can`t find the words for that. `

Post Thanks / Like

Has to be one of the best interior cleaning thread I ever read...

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this has really upped the bar for nasty.

Post Thanks / Like
    They did`nt pay you enough, great job though.

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you got a couple grand out of that job. Damn.`
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

Up and beyond the call of duty.....................UP AND BEYOND. That being said great job and better you than me(I have done a couple of jobs sorta close to this in the 90`s but this is commitment to the job ........) I love animals so it is hard to see the dead cat but it is reality.

`

Excellent disassembly work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow! I love the dog for future protection!!!

Project of the year???

Post Thanks / Like

EPIC SAVE!! You sir are 1 brave man and cannot be paid enough for a job like this!!!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Frankly, I would never expect anyone to do this kind of a job. That was EPIC, and it just shows what commitment really means.

`

Hope you got paid well mate.

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought I would see anything much nastier than my vet tech`s SUV detail, but you sir topped it completely!
    Auto Detailing in Marion, Illinois
    www.visualprodetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like

I.. `I can`t.. i just can`t ....`

`

*dry heaving*.. ` `A CAT!!`

`

Holy hell you are a brave soul.`

`

Not to mention the stellar turnaround but a dead cat!!! `

`

"it squished between my hands".. `ahhhhhh!!!!

`

"Charge whatever you want".. `haha.. `very nice save sir. Has there been any updates from the owner regarding the now `new` smell? any signs of it coming back even after all the disinfecting?`

`

(i just don`t know about some smells)

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, "brave" would be an understatement.` You must have quite a set on you, Tex!` That`s something.

`

Did the lady even realize her cat had gone missing?` I like the tiny, stuffed pooch as a replacement.` Nice touch
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Just when you "think" you`ve seen it all - you read this! You sir, are my new hero, you have set the bar higher than a Georgia pine.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like

im eager to know how much you got for that job. `With stuff that gross its gotta be expensive

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information