Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, it may not be an exotic, but for a 10 year old vehicle, it might as well be.`
    `
    I was recently contacted by a client, having had previously corrected his Tesla and another vehicle of his. This time he brought me his 2003 Lexus Rx. While not an exotic, I took the time and care as I always do for any car I get.`
    `
    First, I began with inspecting the paint. Overall for a 10 year old car, it was not the worst I have seen!
    `

`

`

`

`
    I began with a full wash, auto scrub decontamination, and an Iron-X treatment. I then did a test spot and found that M101 with a Meg`s MF pad followed up with a yellow Rupes pad and Optimum`s hyper Polish was getting me amazing correction with a super glossy finish.`
    `
    As for the paint, I was able to get some really good correction, considering the age of the car.
    `

`
    The right side was corrected.`
    `

`
    Additionally, since this is the clients 3rd car, I decided to throw in Headlight restoration. Big thanks to David at Innovative detailing for suggesting the sandpaper grits to use while doing this one.
    `
    Headlights Before

`
    After
    `

`
    In addition to the paint correction, the client decided to get an application of Opti-Guard Leather. In order to prep the leather, we decided on a full Leatherique process. I let the rejuvinator oil sit on the leather overnight, and followed up with prestine clean the following day. As for the results you can see from the 50/50`s that all of the dirt and oils were completely removed before the application of Opti-Guard leather.`
    `

`

`
    The before and after photos came out really nice also.`
    `

`
    Here you can see the surround on the side view mirrors has de-laminated and missing. We trimmed excess that was bubbling but still there.`
    `

`
    Then wrapped the area in Gloss vinyl film. This is NOT a perfect fix, from 2 feet away you can`t even tell. Thanks to leeberbs for wrapping that area and giving me a hand on the entire vehicle.
    `

`
    The roof rack was hand polished and came out amazing
    `

`

`
    Overall for a 10 year old vehicle, I would say this came out pretty nice!
    `
    The leather was buttery soft and clean.
    `

`

`

`

`
    As always thanks for looking Greg Gellas

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great! I have yet to try the Opti Guard leather stuff, was this your first go around with it or have you used it before? Opinions?
    SpeedFreakDetailing.com

Brian Lewis - Sterling, VA

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by speedfreak81

Looks great! I have yet to try the Opti Guard leather stuff, was this your first go around with it or have you used it before? Opinions?

I can`t comment on longevity, but they do offer the 2 year warranty. Its super easy to apply and if the longevity is there then its going to be an amazing product!

Post Thanks / Like

Love the interior leather save!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Gellas

I can`t comment on longevity, but they do offer the 2 year warranty. Its super easy to apply and if the longevity is there then its going to be an amazing product!

`

Agreed. This is the ONLY product from Optimum that sort of has me second guessing it. Not sure why, I guess I should just try some and see.
    SpeedFreakDetailing.com

Brian Lewis - Sterling, VA

Thread Information