Post Thanks / Like
    This vehicle was actually a referral from another detailer just over an hour north of me (ZimRandy). The clients were very happy with the service they were getting from him but they really wanted a closer option and I just happen to be a hop, skip, and a jump away. Thanks for the referral Randy!

This car was recently purchased with just over 2k on the clock and the owner was looking to get it dialed in and protected. When the owner had contacted me my main concern was whether or not I’d even be able to get the car into my shop. I have a fairly steep entrance to my driveway and the nose bottoming out was a concern (also one of the reasons I’ve never went after doing exotics). The owner agreed to stop by a couple months prior to their appointment to evaluate the car and to see if it would make it in. Coming in at an angle she cleared, barely, but going back out was tricky and it had to be backed down or the front nose would hit. In talking with the owner it was clear that he and his wife took great care of their cars and enjoying washing them regularly, but their time was somewhat limited and they sounded like good candidates for a coating. After sharing info and my experiences with the coatings I offer, we agreed Opti-Coat Pro would be the best. This car is going to be his main driver in the summer so it will see it share of bugs, bird bombs, sap, rain, and all the other elements the world can throw at it.

The condition over all was very good with only light swirling noticeable at the time and we decided on a 1-step correction.

Process:

Wash - Megs Hyper Wash, 2BM, lambs wool mit

Tires - OPC and Tuf-Shine brush, Hyper Dressing 3:1

Wheels – P21S Gel with various brushes and separate wash mit

Surface prep – Mild clay and Megs Final Inspection as lube

Decon - IronX and Tarminator

Paint correction - HD Polish on the Rupes 15 and G110v with yellow Rupes pads. Rear bumper cover and RIDS were first corrected with FG400 and Megs MFFP, tight areas/air ducts/vents corrected with Flex rotary and 3” pads.

Coating Prep – Re-washed, followed by thorough IPA wipe down

Coating - Applied with CarPro micro suede and foam block applicator

Interior – Vacuumed, cleaned rubber mats, Leather Masters Strong Cleaner and Protection cream on leather, 1Z Cockpit Premium on dash vinyl

Before pics

Light tar on the lowers

Tips

Lots of tiny tar specs on the wheel faces and barrels. My normal process would be to remove the wheels to clean and coat them, but these unique center locking wheels were not something I wanted to mess with, nor was I equipped to handle them. Luckily the design was open enough that I could reach in from the front and then I could also reach in from the back when the car was lifted in the air. I want to say thanks to Robert Willis for taking the time to answer my questions on these wheels, which I had not yet had the pleasure of working with.

Once I had the car washed and inside a few issue became apparent…one was etched in water spots on the rear bumper and then a few RIDS I had not seen when I first looked at the car.

RIDS

The rest of the car only had mild swirls

50/50

Finished pics!

Fenix LED

Brinkmann

As always, thank you for taking the time to view my work!

Rasky

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Chad. Paint looks deep even in low light.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just stunning!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummy.....

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m glad it worked out for both of you! :xyxthumbs

More referrals coming your way. For some reason, I get a lot of people on the south side of town looking for details.

Do you know if the owner sold or traded the Carrera I did for him last year?

The one you worked on looks like an evil twin to the one I did!

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy
    I`m glad it worked out for both of you! :xyxthumbs

More referrals coming your way. For some reason, I get a lot of people on the south side of town looking for details.

Do you know if the owner sold or traded the Carrera I did for him last year?

The one you worked on looks like an evil twin to the one I did!

Randy

Sounds good buddy!

Yep. He either sold it or traded it in for this one....he definitely likes he Guards Red too! Did that one have the full front wrap as well? I hate dealing with PPF when they don`t fully wrap the edges. :/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    Sounds good buddy!

Yep. He either sold it or traded it in for this one....he definitely likes he Guards Red too! Did that one have the full front wrap as well? I hate dealing with PPF when they don`t fully wrap the edges. :/

Ha! The PPF drove me nuts, too (probably from the same place). It wasn`t very clear and had several noticable defects in it, too.

Randy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZimRandy
    Ha! The PPF drove me nuts, too (probably from the same place). It wasn`t very clear and had several noticable defects in it, too.

Randy

LOL! Yep! Ventureshield! Had a sort or mirrored silverish look to it IMO. Texture was horrible too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, that car is incredible! That color combo is perfect too. Killer job Chad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car and color, great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    LOL! Yep! Ventureshield! Had a sort or mirrored silverish look to it IMO. Texture was horrible too!

Is Ventureshield not as good as other films? Is that pretty universal or just on this car?

Post Thanks / Like
    Glowing like the sun

Keep them coming

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johngs4
    Is Ventureshield not as good as other films? Is that pretty universal or just on this car?

I`ve not seen a car where I liked how it looked. Then again, I have yet to see ANY PPF job in my area where I thought it looked good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KC`s View Post
    Glowing like the sun

Keep them coming

Thanks KC!

Thread Information