Post Thanks / Like
    2013 Ferrari 458

This client seeked me out for being able to apply 22PLE to his brand new car! He wanted the best coating available with the best looks, so it’s not wonder why he chose 22PLE. It simply looks amazing on its own, and will continue to protect and look like glass for at least a 18-24 months before needing to be refreshed. After we were talking things over, we will probably be re-applying at the 12-18 month mark just to ensure the car is always protected! Simply put, this coating is the real deal!

Over the initial conversation, he didn’t think the car was in too bad of shape and that hopefully all it would need is a light polishing to bring out more gloss and apply the 22PLE. Having done Ferraris in the past many times, I have only come across ONE that didn’t need much correction. Would his car be number two? Let’s find out when I get my lights on it when I get there!

I arrived at his place at 7am in a cool 40degree morning. Being in So Cal my whole life, I have no idea how the detailers on the east coast do it! Its freezing and my hands were numb after just one hour! We went over the car and I asked him to show my any problem areas he saw that bothered him. As we went over the car, he pointed out a couple areas, but I was noticing a lot more as we passed by them. The entire car was lightly swirled up to the naked eye, but with the 220 lumen LED light I use, the damage was MUCH more severe! This paint job had everything from swirls and scratches, to holograms and sanding scratches in most of the corners and the entire rear end. You cant see the sanding scratches without the LED lights.

Here are the before pictures that I took: pretty indicative of the entire car front to back:

Sanding scratches here

Since I had set him up with a clear bra installer, I removed the factory applied film from fender area behind the front wheels. The whole front end would be wrapped in xpel film the next day, so I needed to get everything as perfect as possible before the film was applied so that the defects didn’t show through the film!

Here I am working on the front end and correcting the side skirts on Day 1.

Some more damaged paint under the LED lights:

Sanding scratches never touched by the ferrari detailers. Before and after just the compounding. Polishing refined the finish further!

Post Thanks / Like
    And after 17 total hours on the car, here are the final shots out in the sun:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! Dripping wet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work as always!

And another sad example of how Ferrari can`t deliver swirl free cars to their customers.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome work Eric!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, the 458 has to be one of my favorite ferrari`s...I will have one of those one day

Post Thanks / Like
    Gorgeous! Nicely done!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Eric. How is the 22PLE to use compared to say Opti Coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    easier IMO. goes on just as smooth, but you dont have to worry about high spots.

I have had it haze up on me, but I think its over application (too much product)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thread is a little bit old, but I am just amazed that a company like Ferrari would let a car out of their showroom that looked like this. It`s really unreal how half assed these dealers are. Quite... well disgusting would be the better word I guess?

Either way, congradulations on the outcome. The car came out very smooth and the red was properly restored to the way it SHOULD have been. I`m interested more and more into trying the PLE on my Subaru.

Thread Information