Post Thanks / Like
    Customer of mine has been telling me for along time about his Tesla coming soon but had no idea it would end up being 3 years! Well he calls me up New Years day to tell me it`s on its way! Delivered to his home on Jan. 4 in the evening he couldn`t really examine it good. He brought it to me few days later to look at it and take it for a spin! Metallic Blue is the color and tracers and RIDS all over it! Damaged chrome trim and chips and dents in the drivers rear quarter/bumper area! He opted for a full correction and Opti-Coat. After taking some paint readings and consulting with ScottWax, we set a date to get after it! Paint was actually pretty soft and fairly easy to correct, but I had readings in the mid 60`s in spots, I knew this wasn`t going to get fully corrected. After telling my client the bad news he said just do what you can. So here we go! When the car arrived it was raining and it was supposed to get cold so I took no wash pictures. Not much really to see.

Sonax FE on the rims

Dawn wash/ Iron X treatment

Clay magic

Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and OPT HP

Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and 106FA on the heavier spots

Opti-Coated

A pillars looked like this

Found bristles stuck around the car tapped in different area`s! I still don`t know why 100K+ cars go through tunnel washes before leaving the factory??

Huge hatch area!

Interior just needed a basic wipedown nothing fancy. Very simple clean with a large 17" monitor.

Damage in a 12" area, looks like salt truck damage? 30-40 dents and chips in a 1 foot area.

Panoramic roof option

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice turnaround! Beautiful car and holy jeez is that a monster monitor in dash!!

I simply cannot imagine having to wait three years for delivery of a vehicle only to find it arriving in that condition. That cluster of paint chips is brutal.

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT WORK!

I would have refused the car in that condition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shame it was a mess, both the ones I did were in really good shape. Could be when transported here it went through some winter weather and someone without a clue cleaned it before delivery.

Nice job on the turnaround, looks great in the sun!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Taj5944
    Nice turnaround! Beautiful car and holy jeez is that a monster monitor in dash!!

Thanks! Monitor controls everything, GPS, HVAC, Tunes, Web, Status of Charge and Charging. Only a few buttons on the wheel for tunes and HVAC and that`s it in the car! Clean!

I simply cannot imagine having to wait three years for delivery of a vehicle only to find it arriving in that condition. That cluster of paint chips is brutal.
    He got a long list of other things for the service tech. Big thing is the dents/Scratches and also the small window behind the mirror on the passenger side has a air leak that when driving above 40MPH makes it almost deafening inside the cabin!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    GREAT WORK!

I would have refused the car in that condition.
    Thanks Thomas! The trouble with these cars is they arrive at your home in an enclosed trailer and there is no sales man around!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Shame it was a mess, both the ones I did were in really good shape. Could be when transported here it went through some winter weather and someone without a clue cleaned it before delivery.

Nice job on the turnaround, looks great in the sun!
    Thanks Scott! Good thing is about 60% of the dings are in the bumper which is (poorly) covered in a bra. Bad thing is when it`s removed hopefully the paint doesn`t come with it! But the rear quarter is not covered and thats where all the dents/chips are! It was transported by covered truck from California to Houston and then to his home. He removed the shipping paper off the car himself with the driver. Obviously someone without a clue laid hands on it before it left California! Really nice car though! It is true about HIGH torque in electric`s! Scary launch from standstill! Scarier than GTR`s!

Thread Information