Post Thanks / Like
    I was contacted a few weeks ago by a gentleman wanting his 2012 CTS and Corvette detailed. He was just looking for a basic detail for both, but he left extra $$$ "just in case". After looking over his CTS coupe in the sun, I gave him a call and explained to him that the buffer swirls all over the car would take significantly more polishing than a basic detail provides. We discussed the options and decided for now to remove the buffer swirls and whatever else (like spider swirls) that would come out with two polishing steps. Didn`t want to give him too much sticker shock going from a basic detail price to a full on correction, plus we still had the Corvette to detail as well. He originally hadn`t planned on even having the CTS detailed since he just got the car, but decided to have it done when he felt it didn`t look right in the sun. He said he`d consider doing what it takes to get the car near perfect in the spring.

This was by far one the most deeply swirled cars I`ve ever done. Usually rotary swirls aren`t that hard to remove but it was like someone hate buffed this car and leaned into it as hard as possible.

Before shots, after an ONR wash and Clay Magic blue clay

Meguiars #105 cut 50/50 with Meguiars Ultimate Compound (cuts down dusting, sun friendly) using a Meguiars microfiber cutting disc and my PC 7424 XP

This is after the above step, you can see some hazing but the buffer swirls are gone. Several areas required multiple, slow, heavy pressure passes.

I followed with 3M Ultrafina using the blue Ultrafina foam waffle pad and my Dewalt 849 rotary at 1000-1800-1000 rpms

The car was then washed with ONR and Optimum Opti-Seal was applied. I`ve always been partial to carnaubas on jet black paint but the newest version of OS has amazing depth for a sealant. Tires/fenderwells dressed with Armor All. The car isn`t perfect but it looks tons better and is now black (instead of a hazy grey) in the full sun.

2009 Chevy Corvette, pretty good shape, some spider swirling but the focus this time was the CTS and with the extra time needed for that car, we did a true one step on the paint.

ONR wash (paint was very smooth, test claying showed nothing on the clay)

Optimum G-P-S using an Optimum microfiber polishing pad and my PC

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

Just a few pics, if we ever do a correction on it, there will be more...

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice save on the CTS Scott. I`m amazed you can polish in the full sun. I would think the polishes would dry out much too quickly. Any issues because of hot paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice save Scott. I bet the owner was like *** when he saw those holograms.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailfanatic
    Nice save on the CTS Scott. I`m amazed you can polish in the full sun. I would think the polishes would dry out much too quickly. Any issues because of hot paint?

All Optimum polishes, Meguiars D300, Ultimate Compound and #105 work fine in the sun, #205 can be a bit finicky at times, likes to glob itself in a spot or two then seemingly weld itself to the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Nice save Scott. I bet the owner was like *** when he saw those holograms.

His comment was that he knew it didn`t look right. But I think once he sees it in the sun now he will really notice the difference.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Scott!

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Scott! Nice when a customer just ponies up money and lets you do what needs to be done! Can`t wait until my old OS is gone, love what I`m seeing in there new stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kakeuter
    Great work Scott!

-Kody-

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Looks great Scott! Nice when a customer just ponies up money and lets you do what needs to be done! Can`t wait until my old OS is gone, love what I`m seeing in there new stuff!

Thanks Tim. I think you`ll be really happy with the new OS.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great save Scott, and I agree the new version of OS, is really stepped it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    All Optimum polishes, Meguiars D300, Ultimate Compound and #105 work fine in the sun, #205 can be a bit finicky at times, likes to glob itself in a spot or two then seemingly weld itself to the paint.

Awesome! Thanks Scott.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great save scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang, that CTS was awful. What an amazing turn around. Great work!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by React
    Great save scott

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Dang, that CTS was awful. What an amazing turn around. Great work!

Thanks, I appreciate it!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this guy`s taste in cars. Good job on both, especially the Cadillac. I had a few ClearKote questions for you and you don`t seem to receive PMs. Is there an email address or another way to reach you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome save and turn around on the Caddy Scott! The more the dealership spits out quality work like that....the more you`ll be kept gainfully employed!
    My pride is in the details!

736 GunTrucks -Bakersfield to Bagdad-...and everywhere in between. OIF II `04-`05

Thread Information