Post Thanks / Like
    I guess Opti-Coat is the new hotness for FR-S owners, my e-mail and phone are blowing up with calls about it. I know others are getting calls too, thanks to Hazma for mentioning us on the FR-S forum.

Really like this color, Hot Lava, looks terrific on the FR-S. This particular one wasn`t nearly as swirled as the blue one I did and it was a good 10 degrees color (only in the upper 90s!) so it was much easier to work with. I would suggest anyone doing Opti-Coat applications to reschedule if it will be over 100 degrees during the time you`d be applying it. The owner of this car had kept it in the garage all day and had a fan going. Humidity was pretty low too, maybe 15-20%, kept Opti-Coat from drying too quickly.

The hood, trunk lid and the C-pillar areas has some light swirling, rest of the car was pretty good. The main time killer on this car was that I left my Opti-Coat at home and had to make a 85 mile round trip to get it. I don`t leave it in the car during the summer, just forgot to grab it on the way out in the morning. At least the trip back and forth was 90% freeway.

ONR wash, Opti-Raser clay sponge

Meguiars #105 using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC 7424 XP on speed 6 (hood, trunk and C-pillars

Optimum Hyper Polishing using an Optimum microfiber polishing pad and my PC on speed 6

ONR wash

Opti-Coat

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2008 Volkswagen R32 and 2012 Jetta. Owner contacted me about having basic full details done. Said both cars were in pretty good condition and he was right. Nice when someone honestly represents their car. Some light water spots in the R32 on the very front of the car, interiors were both in good shape. No interior pics, too hard to get good ones with the car in the sun.

ONR wash, Clay Magic blue clay

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC on speed 6

Opti-Seal to protect

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No problem Scott, car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamza7
    No problem Scott, car looks great.

I know I and every other detailer doing Opti-coat jobs on the FR-S cars thanks you.

Got a grey BRZ on Friday.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    outstanding job again scott, hate u had to make that trip i know it tore u up inside. if u dont mind answering how much more do u charge to opti-coat instead of using a wax or sealant?
    Setting The Standard Higher

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Coat starts at $150 (for small cars) above whatever else is needed to get the car ready. Large vehicles like Suburbans would be an additional $300. Everything else falls somewhere in between.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Look great! Been seeing a bunch of these Scions hitting the street! Sure do have nice lines! VW has killer wet paint!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice...I have some opticoat but not sure when to use it. Does it take the place of CW or does it go over the CW? I would like try it on my application on my black mustang.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Look great! Been seeing a bunch of these Scions hitting the street! Sure do have nice lines! VW has killer wet paint!

Thanks! Really cool cars too.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieG
    Very nice...I have some opticoat but not sure when to use it. Does it take the place of CW or does it go over the CW? I would like try it on my application on my black mustang.

Opti-Coat would go first, over properly polished paint. After polishing you will need to wash with ONR (if you used Optimum polishes) or a 15% isophoric alcohol solution if you used other polishes. I`d wait a week before I`d put anything else on it. To be quite honest, you will probably find you don`t need to do anything. Really clear wet shine, beading is just unreal.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work, Scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on all the cars Scott! I love that orange color, looks very good on this as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Thanks! Really cool cars too.

Opti-Coat would go first, over properly polished paint. After polishing you will need to wash with ONR (if you used Optimum polishes) or a 15% isophoric alcohol solution if you used other polishes. I`d wait a week before I`d put anything else on it. To be quite honest, you will probably find you don`t need to do anything. Really clear wet shine, beading is just unreal.

Thanks Scott!!

What polish would you recommend?

Thread Information