Post Thanks / Like
    2005 Honda S2000. Owner has a car show coming up, wanted his car cleaned up for it. Other than some light buffer swirls on the trunk lid and spoiler, the paint was surprisingly swirl free. Wheels had been plasti-dipped and had some issues so we really didn`t do anything with them as the owner intends to strip them down.

ONR wash, Opti-Raser clay sponge

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC 7424 XP on speed 6

Opti-Seal to protect

Optimum Metal Polish on the exhaust

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

Interior was also detailed but too hard to get good shots on a sunny day, half the interior is in the sun, half in the shade.

--------------------------

2012 Audi S4. His main concern was the buffer swirls on the driver`s side of the hood (found a few on the trunk lid too), but otherwise he wanted a basic 1 polishing step detail. The car could use a full correction to remove the light spider swirls but for now he had us get rid of the rotary swirls and protect the car for the summer. Maybe go with a correction in the fall.

Sorry, no before pics, y`all know what rotary swirls look like and it was our second day in the full sun with temps over 100. Plus we had 4 cars to wash in the afternoon....

Meguiars #105 using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC on speed 6 to remove the rotary swirls

Optimum Hyper Polish mixed with Meguiars #205 and an Optimum microfiber polishing pad using my PC on speed 6

Opti-Seal to protect

Optimum Metal Polish on the exhaust

Armor All on the tires/fenderwells

Why did I mix OHP and #205? On jet black Audi paint, OHP can leave a very light hazing, while #205 really doesn`t do much at all to remove anything and it can be a touch finicky on black in the full sun. Mixing in OHP with #205 got me more cut, no hazing and easy wipe-off in the sun.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2013 Scion FR-S. Owner recently purchased this car, had only 600 miles on it. Unfortunately, the dealer didn`t listen to him and washed the car. Badly.

Spider swirls all over the hood, trunk lid and part of the roof. My guess is that something got on the car on its way to the dealership and they rubbed extra hard to get off whatever was on it.

Even worse, the Meguiars D300 I started off with didn`t get the swirls out as well as I thought, and after pulling it back out under a different sun angle, there were still swirls noticeable. Oh yeah, it was also 107 degrees and I had to do more swirl removal. Went through 4 shirts detailing this car, I`d guess I lost 2-3 pounds of water while we were there. That`s detailing in Texas in the summer and it still beats doing this when it is 35. By a lot!

Once the swirls were going, the real beauty of this paint color was evident. Great color, lots of flake.

Meguiars #105 using an Optimum Microfiber cutting pad and my PC 7424 XP on speed 6 with heavy pressure

Optimum Hyper Polish using an Optimum microfiber cutting pad and my PC on speed 6

ONR wash

Optimum Opti-Coat

Armor All on tires/fenderwells

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful work Scott!!!!!

Nice blue car

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, Scion and Audi look killer! Scion looks like the deep end of a pool!! By the way, I`ll take 35 any day over this!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job on all of them Scott, but that S4 looks especially sweet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    Beautiful work Scott!!!!!

Nice blue car

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    Scott, Scion and Audi look killer! Scion looks like the deep end of a pool!! By the way, I`ll take 35 any day over this!

Hate detailing in the cold, just hate it. I will say I won`t do another Opti-Coat on a 107 day in the afternoon, just drying too quickly, might have to touch up a couple spots on a cooler day. Did a 328 early this evening, 10 degrees cooler than Tuesday when I started and we were able to keep in the shade while working on it (no swirls) and it was much easier to work with Opti-Coat.

Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Awesome job on all of them Scott, but that S4 looks especially sweet!

Thanks!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum micro fiber pad on a porter cable at speed 6? I really need to get some of these pads they sound amazing. Meguiars MF pads on anything over 4 just destroys them. Using 105, MF pad, and speed 6, how long would you estimate it would take to work your way around a vehicle removing everything except deep R.I.D.S? These pads sound like a great way to speed up a correction process and I`m looking forward to doing some playing with them in the near future.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Auto Conditioning
    Optimum micro fiber pad on a porter cable at speed 6? I really need to get some of these pads they sound amazing. Meguiars MF pads on anything over 4 just destroys them. Using 105, MF pad, and speed 6, how long would you estimate it would take to work your way around a vehicle removing everything except deep R.I.D.S? These pads sound like a great way to speed up a correction process and I`m looking forward to doing some playing with them in the near future.
    How about Optimum MF Cutting Pad/101 on a Flex at speed 6! Works like a champ! With there pads I have been able to get 60-80% correction with the right compound on the right paint in 1 step! Once again Optimum has stepped up the bar with another great product!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Uber Auto Conditioning

Quote Originally Posted by maxepr1
    How about Optimum MF Cutting Pad/101 on a Flex at speed 6! Works like a champ! With there pads I have been able to get 60-80% correction with the right compound on the right paint in 1 step! Once again Optimum has stepped up the bar with another great product!

Yeah, what Tim said!
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Scott,

I noticed alot of the times you are using Optimum Hyper polish and a MF cutting pad. Is this your go to system? I am a nebie here and trying to read as much as possible and really like your unbiased comments and suggestions. Also, I tried sending you a PM but it says you opted out of that. Thanks for all your posts it really helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    OHP and either a cutting or polishing Optimum MF pads are my go to on most cars (depending on paint hardness) when I am doing 1 polishing step details. It has enough cut to remove light to moderate defects and still finish well.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great as always Scott..

Did you do anything special with the convertible top? Treat it with anything?

Those cars on the inside have a lot of tight areas to clean.

Reeeko99, 13 Subaru Legacy Sport White, 15 Subaru Outback Premium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    We just washed the top with ONR, it was in pretty good shape.
    www.scottwax.com

Thread Information