Post Thanks / Like
    Two more I did this week. This Acura TL is a customer of mine and his work has been having an issue with over spray and after the other week he got fed up and had them pay for a detail. Well the other day was his breaking point...he washed the Acura and realized it was covered in Yellow Paint Overspray. So he got with me and worked it out too get it corrected and some other issues done. He also had read before on one of the Resin Paint Treatments I offer now and was wanting to go ahead and get that done.

So as always...when he dropped it off Friday night...was planning on getting the car wash, clayed and a few panels buffed so that Saturday would be a quick and easy day...things did not go to plan. :argh:

When he dropped it off...

After washing the car and starting to clay...just from doing a 1x1` section of the hood. This was after Eric had already tried claying the car himself.

As I moved further around the car...the roof....just from doing a 1x1` there...

Too give you an idea after the owner clayed the car...the amount was still on there. This stuff was tough.

Well when my plan went south as I had to clay the car twice too make sure everything was off...it was about 10:15PM by the time I finished...called it a night. When I got in on Saturday did the buffing too clean the paint up for the Resin Treatment and too gloss the paint up. After everything was done inside and out, called the owner too come pick up his car. Took a few pictures inside before taking it outside...

Came in Saturday too finish it and had Joey come in and help me with this. While I was doing the first level of correction, Joey was apply all three steps throughout the day too the leather interior with Leathermasters.

Took it outside to wait for the owner and decided to get more pictures in the semi sun.

Then a few pictures of the nice clean leather...

Post Thanks / Like
    After doing Ryans GTR...Sharif, the owner of Forged Performance was amazed at the color difference the paint treatment made on the car. I knew his was due in and he was already wanted some work done on it, well Monday last week he called me late as the GTR was coming off the transport. Wanted to schedule asap with getting the exact same thing done on his. Down side was...the dealership prepped his car and covered it in scratches. Which with the new paint being much harder than the previous models, Sharifs was going too need a bit more correction. Either way, picked his car up from Forged Thursday morning and brought it by the shop to start on it...they needed it back that night so it was going to be a long day.

Process:

Foam Wash w/ Citrus Wash`n`Gloss

Iron-X`ed

Correction Done With:

PO85RD via Flex DA w/ Uber Orange Pad

PO85RD via GG DA w/ Uber Green Pad

Foam Washed Again w/ Citrus Wash`n`Gloss

LSP w/ Opti-Coat

Tires w/ Optimum Tire Bond

After getting it over too the shop....

The imperfections on the paint from the dealership and factory.

After everything was done after a pretty hard day of busting *** too get this done in one day. Late so a few pictures inside...

Outside ready too head back to Forged. Thanks to Higgins for following me in my truck so I did not have to come back too the shop too get it.

Then back at Forged...and parked inside...under another GTR. lol

Post Thanks / Like
    wow aweome job paint looks crystal clear!
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Mike! That overspray looked rough, but it came out great. And that blue on the GTR is just

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work on both, love the color of the GTR!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information