Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton
    Am I a ****? That photo of the "finished" wheel, the third one from the bottom on the linked thread. It is quite dirty in many areas; around the valve stem, around the rim face at the 1 o`clock, 10 o`clock, 11 o`clock position. The dirty glue from the old wheel weights is still in the barrels at 12 o`clock. The lug barrels are dirty. What was the goal of that particular detail? What does hand rubbing expensive wax into the finish and using a "hybrid steamer" accomplish if you`re handing it back with dirty wheels. Sorry for not cheerleading, just my honest opinion.

This is what happens when you are sitting on the couch drinking a beer..................and you say "I could of made that completion to the reciever.....that Quarterback sucks"

The wheel weight residue...............yes that could have been removed and I am sure Anson will make SURE next time, what you did not know is the wheel was "Onsite repaired" by the hack wheel repair guy at the dealership who re-sprayed over the brake dust..........so it cannot be removed "Sergeant" as you can see he utilized Sonax FE and that would have removed all that mess 100%. I had a job this week where the very same thing was encountered by myself, so if I put that pic up please do not bang me for it when the write up goes up when I have time to post it.

Lastly it is in my humble opinion that until someone puts a write up on here with pics of thier work, no matter or not if you are a Pro or enthusiast detailer you do not have the option of judgement................."Judge not lest ye be judged" as I would love to critique your workmanship.

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s nothing wrong with the bare hand method. I was questioning using the fancy techniques and equipment at the expense of not covering the basics i.e. properly cleaning the wheels. Stains are tough and if the customer wasn`t really interested in the added expense of having you correct the wheels that`s one thing. If that is the case then I apologize for my earlier comment. Leaving them that way deliberately is an entirely different matter.

No fancy equipment used.. the "hybrid steamer" is the VX5000.. which everyone uses. Why did I call it a hybrid steamer? You can ask the guys at VX5000, they gave me the idea of marketing it that way. It`ll all marketing, no fancy crazy equipments. Same stuff everyone uses here.

kthnkx

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
    Lastly it is in my humble opinion that until someone puts a write up on here with pics of thier work, no matter or not if you are a Pro or enthusiast detailer you do not have the option of judgement................."Judge not lest ye be judged" as I would love to critique your workmanship.

Bob, if I had the time or energy left over after taking 17 credits of senior level electrical engineering classes in a semester I would be happy to go find a beater and make it gleam. I`d do it for free just to feed it to you. For the time being I am focusing on earning money with my mind, not my back. I`d post a full writeup of my pristine DD but it only has 3000 miles on it so it really wouldn`t be a fair representation of my corrective abilities. Anyone can "judge" when it is solicited. It would have been easy to simply post a picture of one of the other three wheels on the car instead of the hacked up one.

I also don`t have time to become another of your mortal enemies which you seem to love to accumulate. Funny you remembered that I`m a SSgt. You remind me of my mother. She seems happiest when she`s involved in or creating conflict with someone. She just loves to store little details about people in her mind to use as little digs later on. It nourishes her in a way that I will never understand. I`m sure you`ll have a great time tonight combing through all my old posts looking for new material to keep for later and a new period key to replace yours as it seems to get stuck a lot. The man asked for opinions about his work. He posted pictures of a dirty wheel as his finished product. I called it a spade.

Anson, I have seen alot of your work and I respect you for the professional detailer you are. You do consistently excellent work and I am insanely jealous that you not only live in Texas but get to do this for a living. I think my response was more of a knee jerk reaction as I was stunned that you would miss something that obvious. Now that I know the truth behind the matter I would like to publicly apologize for the comment and any perceived defamation of your ability. Not because Dr. House chimed in but because I value my integrity.

Out

Post Thanks / Like
    Bob, if I had the time or energy left over after taking 17 credits of senior level electrical engineering classes in a semester I would be happy to go find a beater and make it gleam. I`d do it for free just to feed it to you. For the time being I am focusing on earning money with my mind, not my back. I`d post a full writeup of my pristine DD but it only has 3000 miles on it so it really wouldn`t be a fair representation of my corrective abilities. Anyone can "judge" when it is solicited. It would have been easy to simply post a picture of one of the other three wheels on the car instead of the hacked up one.

I also don`t have time to become another of your mortal enemies which you seem to love to accumulate. Funny you remembered that I`m a SSgt. You remind me of my mother. She seems happiest when she`s involved in or creating conflict with someone. She just loves to store little details about people in her mind to use as little digs later on. It nourishes her in a way that I will never understand. I`m sure you`ll have a great time tonight combing through all my old posts looking for new material to keep for later and a new period key to replace yours as it seems to get stuck a lot. The man asked for opinions about his work. He posted pictures of a dirty wheel as his finished product. I called it a spade.

Anson, I have seen alot of your work and I respect you for the professional detailer you are. You do consistently excellent work and I am insanely jealous that you not only live in Texas but get to do this for a living. I think my response was more of a knee jerk reaction as I was stunned that you would miss something that obvious. Now that I know the truth behind the matter I would like to publicly apologize for the comment and any perceived defamation of your ability. Not because Dr. House chimed in but because I value my integrity.

Out

I finish what others start, you asked for advice on how to correct your clear bra in a PM then I RESPECTFULLY declined and gave the reason why...........................then you PM a reply after that and asked again with the "It would sure be nice to know".

This would be the end of it.....................but no, you make a reply on another post complaining that you asked a "Member" here for advice and he would not give it up.................. then I replied to THAT, funny did not have a comment then but you do now?, not so nice when someone bangs you for it......................just calling a "Spade a spade".

As for going thru your posts(All 54 of them) it is not needed as I pick up on little details that others miss and in these two posts you have made you have shown a penchant for a**hatness, and for Judgement could you not have said something like ......ie: I noticed there was some dirt or something on the wheel?, was it embedded or a before pic?, no the smug "I am not cheerleading" remark is what brought me to focus attention on you.

"Pristine" or not let`s see your work and then maybe others might not have so kind remarks at that point and it might make you think twice before you type words like that again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry Bob, just read your post on the other thread. I`ve got better things to do than follow you around the internet looking for stuff to get pissed about. Given your gross overreaction to what I said over there I am now thoroughly convinced that you are not what I would refer to as "stable" and confident in the knowledge that I`m more mature than you at the ripe old age of 33. I respect your work but I`ll sleep fine tonight regardless of your personal opinion of me. Seriously man, do you really get that worked up about everything. You`re going to blow an O ring!

Post Thanks / Like
    If the only retort is the equivalent of "I know you are but what am I" then that`s enough. You say you respect Anson and I but the words typed tell a different story, and no I am not "Unbalanced" that moniker is reserved for someone else in Texas.

Let it go as you were caught making a misspeak.............plain and simple, and yes I get worked up when people say things they should not as most are afraid to tell others "Hey that`s not cool" I have no such limiter as I "Brook no s**t". Act like a senior NCO you are and take a "Mulligan" and be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aston Martin Vantage Two Stage paint correction

Quote Originally Posted by pmnewton View Post
    There`s nothing wrong with the bare hand method. I was questioning using the fancy techniques and equipment at the expense of not covering the basics i.e. properly cleaning the wheels. Stains are tough and if the customer wasn`t really interested in the added expense of having you correct the wheels that`s one thing. If that is the case then I apologize for my earlier comment. Leaving them that way deliberately is an entirely different matter. Car detailing services near me - Auto detailing services - Max Protect LTD
    There is nothing wrong with the bare hand method, but it takes a lot of time and effort, and it is not very effective. That is why many people prefer to use special equipment and techniques.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aston Martin Vantage Two Stage paint correction

The thread link to the Aston-Martin is old and no longer displays pics/videos of this detail. It DOES go to the Viva Houston Detail website.

AH, yes, the days of flaming and "he-said-she-said" back-and-forth post banter about detailing abilities and knowledge. Have we Autopians moved on from that? Ask the Admins of this forum....
    GB detailer
    Likes 06vrss liked this post
    Thanks 06vrss thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information