Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone!

It has been a while since my last write up but this is a job that can not go unshared.

It is with great pleasure and much anticipation that I bring to you... what may have been the World`s most disgusting Mini Cooper. There has been much debate and endless :think: over just how a vehicle can fall into this state of filth and still be driven on a regular basis. I can confirm that this Mini had not received a bath in many many years and had been subjected to copious amounts of off road use with the windows down.

Ooh if this Mini could talk; the stories it could tell. Upon first sight most people would have turned their heads, convincing themselves "that vision" they just took in was only a figment or their imagination. But not me, it was my duty to my profession to do justice for this helpless vehicle. Deep down under the thick, sticky, and surprisingly resilient film that covered it`s every surface; the yellow Mini Cooper was still beaming with life. Like a perennial flower after a long cold winter, I knew it would come back to life again.

With no further a due... Here we go! Hope you enjoy!

Just to get your feet wet.

Wait for it...

The Interior:

Under some sunlight

I worked up the courage to have seat and do some more documenting...

I`l let you wonder how the interior turned out while I show you some shots during revival of the exterior.

I removed some of the pieces to make life a little easier.

Some paintwork correction always helps.

A little plastic polishing.

Here are some shots I got during revival of the interior.

Final Photos:

The hand painted pin striping was weak and brittle after the years of neglect so it was removed.

As always thank you for taking the time to look through this! Hope you enjoyed!

Best Regards,

Tim Buxton

Post Thanks / Like
    Had to be revived by paramedics after I saw that, lol. Forget how car got like that, I don`t know how you guys can stand to work on such a vehicle, I would have to wear a Hazmat suit, followed up by an emergency safety shower. Great job, hope you charged them a ton, they should be ashamed to even bring you their car.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh my god.....
    PARK AVENUE

- D E T A I L I N G -

Ottawa Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Timmyah, Timmyah, Timmyah...... :soscared:. The truely amazing thing about this car is that an owner that has so little respect for it has managed to find you. The paint looks perfect along with the interior, after your cleaning majic. Usually these vehicles are scratched and all broken up. The owner must be following you around like a nursing puppy now! OUTSTANDING RESULT!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing save! Would never have guessed the starting condition now!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, the after shots of the dash / center console area are awesome. the radio / controls came out perfect

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turnaround!

-Kody-
    New Image Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW that interior was like the inside of a barn. Awesome turnaround looks like a new car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sal329
    WOW that interior was like the inside of a barn. Awesome turnaround looks like a new car

That would be a detail that I would pass on. Was that for a dealer? If I owned that car I`d be too embarassed to bring it to someone without some pre-emptive cleaning.

I used to live two minutes from where those pics were taken. Ah... I miss living in Knoxville.
    :soscared:

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s one dramatic turnaround.

On an optimistic note in a business sense, and since leopards don`t change their spots, I`m thinking you`re going to get that Mini back again in another 6 - 8 months and it`ll need another complete overhaul.

Keeper of the beautiful Jean-Claude's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing! I will take 3 of these a week vs 3 easy-peasy Ferrari`s. There`s something very satisfying about getting results on nightmare jobs like these. Kudos.
    Detailed Designs Auto Spa
    Professional Car Detailing Atlanta
    Authorized Modesta Installer
    Authorized CQuartz Finest Installer
    Paint Protection Film and Clear Bra Installation

Post Thanks / Like
    So did the owner ever tell you how the interior got that way?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you everyone, you know it was just one of moments where I thought to myself "this will be interesting and make for a cool write up, BRING IT SON, let me show you what I`ve got. I can cherry pick my details all day but this was an opportunity I was not about to pass up.

The car was having some service work done next door and I actually put myself on the chopping block for this one, cold called the owner and got the ball rolling.

72offsuit: lol It was a double glove, respirator, and goggles sort of job... I have a good buddy who cleans up radioactive waste and he gave me a radiation suit to wear, I had all this on and must have spent 3 or 4 hours using compressed air and a vacuum to get the job started. I wish I would have got some pictures.

gtpaul: haha I know right?

jimmie jam: Thanks man, funny thing is I found him. I did what I could without too far above and beyond for the price we agreed on. Needles to say he was pretty blown away when he saw it.

Ch96067, gav`spurplez, kakeuter, sal329: I appreciate it very much, I do what I can.

AuAltima3.5: Small world! Its a nice area. I see where your coming from. Unconditional positive regard always goes a long way, especially in a situation like this. Yea the owner must have been extremely embarrassed but I quickly set the tone, making for a comfortable discussion, leaving no question that I was there only to help and not judge.

JohnZ3MC: Thank you sir, I like your point of view. Have no worries I have the car on "the program" now. It will never look like that again!

Jean-Claude: Thanks man, I don`t know that I would want to this type of job on the regular as it could probably some health problems in the long run... but I know exactly what you mean.

Rei86:I know the car was driven off road with the windows a lot. Animals may have lived in the car. Lord knows what else. Some questions are better left unasked...

Post Thanks / Like
    I know he paid you for the detail so it shouldn`t matter but it`s heartbreaking to think that it will probably look just as bad in another few years. At least he knows who to call!

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, how is this possible. Some people should just be shot!

Nice work. The MINI lives!
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information