Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a couple of pictures from the First Annual Chapman Choice Road Runner BMW Club Concours d’Elegance Event.

Cool. Now on to my car.

Wow it`s been some time since I`ve done this before. I`ve learned a lot through out these years and it was blast doing my own car again. Anyways, I let my car go to hell exterior wise and since this meet came up I wanted to show off my car, and since it was a Concours type event I knew I had enough OCD in me to complete that daunting task.

Anyways, I`ll spare the detail list as I only used these things to get the car looking like new again.

Scratch out:

and a couple of these:

After you see some of these pictures you`ll wonder how the hell can a person that detail`s others cars let their car get so bad?

Disclaimer: The before pictures may scar your eyes but they`ll return to normal in due time.

The way my car sat the night of February 3.

Are you serious?

Oh no worries it can be fixed!

Post Thanks / Like

Lol what does this guy use to wash the car?

Post Thanks / Like

This was much needed, but I did enjoy the debadged look for a few hours.

On to the final shots when I got home from the meet. Finally get to explore Arizona again for new locations.

Rock chip city now.

Post Thanks / Like
    beautiful job... I know what you mean... If I cant pay my self then why should i do it? haha

one of my favorite cars by the way
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Stunning work as always!!!!!!!!! Did you do the interior?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    beautiful job... I know what you mean... If I cant pay my self then why should i do it? haha

one of my favorite cars by the way

Exactly right lol! Eh my car deserves it I`ve ignored it for well three years if you can believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Stunning work as always!!!!!!!!! Did you do the interior?

Thank you sir, I sure did. I was too tired to remember to take some pictures but here are some cleaned up shots up in August I took.

Maybe I`ll grab some when I`m taking a break during class tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice correction

Post Thanks / Like
    Petrucci_M3- Great job on your car, and I enjoyed those pix from the Concours too.

A few Qs:

- How nice were the cars at the show? As in, were they up to, uhm..."Autopian" standards?

- What did you use for your correction? How hard was the clear (that on my e36 was incredibly hard, much harder than my Audis)?

- Couldn`t keep it debadged uhh?

Now heed my singature line and don`t let it get like that again :nono: :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by someidiot
    nice correction

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Petrucci_M3- Great job on your car, and I enjoyed those pix from the Concours too.

A few Qs:

- How nice were the cars at the show? As in, were they up to, uhm..."Autopian" standards?

- What did you use for your correction? How hard was the clear (that on my e36 was incredibly hard, much harder than my Audis)?

- Couldn`t keep it debadged uhh?

Now heed my singature line and don`t let it get like that again :nono: :chuckle:

List of what I used, pretty standard with all my details.

Wash:

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

Chemical Guys Heavy Duty Bucket

Grit Guard

Chemical Guys Super Fluffy Mitt

Gilmour Foam Gun

Clayed:

Meguiar’s Medium clay

Chemical Guys Synthetic Quick Detailer

Paint Correction:

Makita 9227C | 3M Backing Plate

Flex 3403 rotary | Gloss-it 3 inch Backing Plate

Meguiar’s 105 | LC Purple Wool

Menzerna Nano Polish | LC White pad

Menzerna 85rd | LC Blue pad

CM5300

Fenix TK10

Detailer Domain Uber Towels

Highline Paint Gauge Meter

IPA Wipedown

Protection:

Jetseal109

LSP (last step product):

PinnacleSouveran

Exterior Trim:

Aerospace 303

Glass:

Stoner’s Invisible Glass

Wheels:

EZ Detail Brush

Swissvax Wheel Brush

Chemical Guy’s Grime Reaper

Surfcity Tire Shine

Chemical Guy`s Metal Shine

Exhaust:

Chemical Guy’s Metal Shine

Interior:

1Z Cockpit

Swissvax Interior Detail Brush

303 Aerospace

Chemical Guy’s Lighting Fast Stain Extractor

Metro Vac n Blow

Lil Green Bissel

303 Fabric Guard

I laughed at the judging, totally not biased and silly. I received a 2 out 5 for paint when a car next to me same exact color but a sedan swirled to hell received a 4 out of 5. I was like *** are you serious? From there I just chuckled things I saw that day.

Not to mention that the person judging the cars took home the largest trophy, tell me that`s not biased at all, I should have been judging lol.

But anyways, there were a few cars there that were immaculate and others that were daily drivers that probably got an hour or two worth of work before the event.

I`ve practically done 99% BMWs so I can`t tell anymore if the clear is hard or not, but on my car one pass with the wool pad and 105 removed practically all the swirls and light scratches but maybe leaving behind a few RIDs in certain areas. Jet Black, Laguna Seca and some Alpine White BMWs have really soft paint, but as everyone knows Jet Black is a nightmare to clean up and maintain.

I love symmetry and I always went back and forth with debadging my car but seriously its a M car so I wear that badge proudly. Now if I had a 328i or 325i I would dedage that sucker in a heart beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Petrucci_M3- Thanks for the detailed list of what you used (heh heh, thought you could get away with the ScratchOut joke, huh :chuckle: ).

Glad to hear yours apparently isn`t in the stupid-soft/horribly-hard range (if you ever do a Byzanz Metallic car you`ll see what I was dealing with!), sounds nice and "medium".

Glad you were using an ETG...it was my, uhm....experience with thinning my M3`s clear that prompted me to buy mine.

Heh heh, you and I are maybe on opposite sides of the fence about "when to debadge?" as I`ve always done my "serious" cars but have often left the "sensible" ones alone!

And yeah....I know just what you mean about, ihm... casual concours judging

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Petrucci_M3- Thanks for the detailed list of what you used (heh heh, thought you could get away with the ScratchOut joke, huh :chuckle: ).

Glad to hear yours apparently isn`t in the stupid-soft/horribly-hard range (if you ever do a Byzanz Metallic car you`ll see what I was dealing with!), sounds nice and "medium".

Glad you were using an ETG...it was my, uhm....experience with thinning my M3`s clear that prompted me to buy mine.

Heh heh, you and I are maybe on opposite sides of the fence about "when to debadge?" as I`ve always done my "serious" cars but have often left the "sensible" ones alone!

And yeah....I know just what you mean about, ihm... casual concours judging

My highline meter was probably one of the best investments I`ve gotten in the last few years. Now when someone in the family goes shopping for a vehicle I`ll be carrying one just get an idea of the paint, even though it won`t be an accurate representation it`ll at least give a better one than eyeballing it.

I can`t wait to head down to Bimmerfest 2011 to see what type of cars I`ll be up against.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci_M3
    My highline meter was probably one of the best investments I`ve gotten in the last few years. Now when someone in the family goes shopping for a vehicle I`ll be carrying one just get an idea of the paint, even though it won`t be an accurate representation it`ll at least give a better one than eyeballing it...

Yeah, I use mine for that too. My wife and I were all hot for a certain Volvo wagon last summer, until the ETG showed that the (still marred up) paint had been buffed way too thin to ever be corrected. And ETG readings scared me off a Crown Vic that had readings around 3 mils (thought it woulda been down to basecoat by then). Sellers always think I`m looking for evidence of a repaint, but any repaint so good I that need a meter to discover it will usually worry me less than overthinned clear.

I can`t wait to head down to Bimmerfest 2011 to see what type of cars I`ll be up against.

Will it be divided into "driven" and pure-show classes? That`s how the Jag Club does it..and the specs for the two classes are kinda weird.

Thread Information