Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    macdude- Hey, that`s great that you got featured in TopGear Malaysia. You sure deserve the recognition.

Thx for the kind words!
    "Detailing is as much an art as it is a science" www.autodetailer.co

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdekany
    What can one say about this post?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Thomas

Post Thanks / Like
    Macdude, when doing the final inspection on freshly detailed vehicles, do you do them on a dark/black floor? I thought somewhere earlier in this thread you mentioned about using a black tiled floor for no glare/reflections... I am thinking about adding a bay to my shop with dark flooring for such a thing but want to know if it works well.

Killer shots of this Aventador by the way!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn F.
    Macdude, when doing the final inspection on freshly detailed vehicles, do you do them on a dark/black floor? I thought somewhere earlier in this thread you mentioned about using a black tiled floor for no glare/reflections... I am thinking about adding a bay to my shop with dark flooring for such a thing but want to know if it works well.

Killer shots of this Aventador by the way!

Hi Shawn,

I will utilize both light and dark backgrounds for inspection as they will yield different results that will need retouching prior to delivery. My work bays will typically use hard light for easier visual interaction with the surface being detailed. My final inspection lights are more diffused which will highlight smears and streaks. The dark flooring isn`t optimized for actual detailing work. It works in tandem with the black walls.

Hope that helps!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the info and advice macdude! Keep up the great work and photos as well!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks a lot for the info and advice macdude! Keep up the great work and photos as well!

You`re welcome Shawn! Here`s a little tongue-in-cheek humor we circulated to our clients:

Post Thanks / Like

We got a chance to work with the Lamborghini Superleggera LP570-4. It`s not only the most agile bull in the range but also the lightest at 1,340 kg(dry-weight). Offered in a limited color option, this example arrived painted in*Arancio Borealis, a stunning pearlescent color scheme. We spent a week transforming this ultra-lightweight supercar into a display masterpiece. Working our way from the exterior all the way into the interiors to produce our Signature Series finish!

Here`s some behind-the-scenes photos of the Superleggera going through it`s detailing paces:

Non-carbon ceramics meant a fair bit of time was spent removing the hardened brake-dust and tar.

And here`s the car undergoing testing after our proprietary track-use hydrophobic coating system is applied and fully-cured. It offers quite simply an unmatched paintwork protection system with the most minimum of care required.

The carbon fiber components get detailed into a flawless state and treated with our advanced coating system as well...

Working with the large expanse of carbon-fiber meant extra-care as each carbon-fiber section requires thorough paintwork mapping and specific correction work.

The engine bay turns spotless!

The cabin gets our magic with specialized dry steam-cleaning machines and Alcantara®-safe products used to ensure the best possible finish...

Here`s some finished shots to leave you with ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Envy - a feeling of discontent or covetousness with regard to another`s advantages, success, possessions, etc.

I have it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by macdude
    You`re welcome Shawn! Here`s a little tongue-in-cheek humor we circulated to our clients:

You should print and frame this for your office! haha

Nice work on the Superleggera! I saw on the news today that they found a $1.6 Million Ferrari in Dubai that was sitting in a police impound and they are going to auction it off. It was sitting outside in a sandstorm and looked terribly dirty. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "macdude needs to get his hands on this car". haha If not, I will be more than happy to.

Post Thanks / Like
    @thomasdekany: Thank you Thomas!

@MachNU: Please don`t be. A lot of factors fell into place at the right time. Most of all, I credit the opportunity to God`s divine intervention

Post Thanks / Like
    You should print and frame this for your office! haha

Nice work on the Superleggera! I saw on the news today that they found a $1.6 Million Ferrari in Dubai that was sitting in a police impound and they are going to auction it off. It was sitting outside in a sandstorm and looked terribly dirty. The first thing I thought when I saw it was "macdude needs to get his hands on this car". haha If not, I will be more than happy to.

I read that too! Hehehe

Post Thanks / Like
    Character. It`s what epitomizes the rare Abarth Tributo Ferrari and in a day and age where manufacturers are rushing to meet the growing demands of consumers with safe, predictable offerings, this nifty tuned-up supermini certainly stands out! What started out as ultra-cool courtesy cars for Ferrari clients in Italy, it was eventually launched in limited quantities around the world. Inspired largely by the Ferrari 430 Scuderia, the 695 pushes out some serious performance from it`s compact 1.4-litre turbocharged engine.

The exterior is as conceivably stylish as it gets. There are minute similarities between the Fiat 500(which is the base model from which the 695 was conceived) and the R50 Mini Cooper as famed car designer Frank Stephenson penned both models in addition to the Ferrari 430 Scuderia and the mighty Maserati MC12.

We got our hands on the first and only(as of this entry) Abarth Tributo Ferrari in the country fell in love with her immediately. WIth less than a week to get her ready for delivery, we worked around the clock to detail the 695 inside-out.

From the distinctively Italian interior design to the every nuance of the vehicle, the 695 is extraordinarily special. And it makes certain you`ll notice. We detailed the leather, interior trim and every inch of the carbon-fiber components ensuring a perfect delivery.

Even Jaeger designed a special instrument panel for the 695.

Right in the center of the dashboard sits the turbo gauge. It means business and doesn`t mind showing it.

Individualized badging to remind you that you`re in something special!

Immaculate paintwork finish within a shortened time-frame.

The tuned-up 1.4 turbocharged engine pushes 180 bhp!

We perfected the matte grey wheels and worked over every section of the car. The more compact dimensions meant that even the slightest imperfections would be more distinctive.

Here`s a look at the polished Abarth "Record Monza" exhaust system which has variable back-pressure allowing for an exciting exhaust note and loads of pop during gear-shifts!

Parting shot of the Scuderia stripes...

Hope you enjoyed it! ;-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Another incredible job from you! Thanks for sharing. I love this car. Did you get a chance to take it for a spin?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    macdude- I too really enjoyed seeing this one, thanks for posting it!

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information