Post Thanks / Like
    First paint correction with my Brand New Griots DA I used some LC CCS pads and some LC flat pads

So I dont have many pics but from the pics I do have you can get the point. I am not on here to brag or show you guys what I can do I am posting this because it didnt come out as I hoped!

First off I used M105 on an Orange Pad and Finished with M205 on White pad. Now the Orange pad and M105 was not able to get out every scratch which I was not happy about. I am not sure If I didnt work it in long enough or press down hard enough or what. I was putting decent amount of pressure down though. I would make 3-5 passes on one spot.

Before the 50/50

50/50 Shot.

You can see there is still some swirling but 90% better. Since my car has SUPER soft clear I know they will be back after several washes. I am jw WHY? that last 10% didnt come out? More time or do you think I need to go more aggressive pad? IMO I think only a wool pad could of taken those out with my DA

Before:

After: Pretty happy how this door panel came out

Is there anything more aggressive than M105?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by toymachine2009
    Is there anything more aggressive than M105?

try using some surbuf pads. here`s a thread about them and some tips from bryan (gmblack3a) on using them...

http://www.autopia.org/forum/machine...ml#post1310253

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for that link I`ll prob pick up one or two of those..

Post Thanks / Like
    83 views and only one response

Post Thanks / Like
    No one else has any advice....

Post Thanks / Like
    toymachine- To remove more of the marring (which I`m not always certain is a good idea..) you could:

- Apply more pressure with your current combo

- Do the current combo more times

- Extend the work-time and up the cut of M105 by rewetting with water

- Switch to a more aggressive pad

- Switch to a smaller pad

Since you say you have "super soft clear" I`d think about doing the somewhat gentle sort of work you were doing more rather than upping the aggressiveness level a whole lot. Note that I`ve corrected some really nasty marring on some really hard clear with M105/orange foam, it just took a while.

If you *really* think that marring is gonna come back, I sure wouldn`t be in a hurry to take off more clear. Rather, I`d be trying to get the right LSP on there (something that sheds dirt well, stays slick, and/or even offers lots of sacrifical layer...like heavily layered KSG perhaps) and work on the wash technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the tips

Post Thanks / Like
    Practice, practice, practice. Also what Accumulator said.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job !

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good man, those look pretty deep. As always I recommend a (small) test area to see what you are up against. Like others have mentioned, you need to either polish more or get pads with more cut. This is really where a paint thickness gauge comes in handy so you know where to stop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I stopped at that point because few things. I know the swirls will come up fairly easy on my car so no sense in trying to remove 100% of them to have some come back in a few weeks.

Also I did order Surbuf pads (Will be here monday) Since everyone says they can correct better and faster.. so ill give it a shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    toymachine2009- OK, keep in mind that the SurBufs will take off quite a bit of clear (plus you`ll take off more refining the finish) and I`d think twice about that if it`s gonna get marred up again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    toymachine2009- OK, keep in mind that the SurBufs will take off quite a bit of clear (plus you`ll take off more refining the finish) and I`d think twice about that if it`s gonna get marred up again.

Oh I know there not for my car. My car is Done. I am happy with how it looks now. They are just for general or future use.. harder clears and what not

Post Thanks / Like
    toymachine2009- Ah, OK, now I understand! Glad you know when to say "good enough!" on your car :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice 1st correction toymachine2009! Your results will improve with more experience. Are you getting better correction when your pad is new/fresh? If so, you should look into the KBM for priming, cleaning and correcting.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Thread Information