Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi boys and girls!

This is the newest family member of a very good customer of mine. I got my hands on it before any of the monkeys at BMW could make a mess of it and as soon as I was done with the new car prep it went straight into the elevator and upstairs so we could get it wrapped in matte black. It`s got roughly around 435 HP (he`s already had some tuning done to it ) and for the most part the "optical" tuning is finished. He plans on beefing it up even more, but not too much because it`s the family "heathen hauler"... yes, his wife`s car, who happens to be a very good driver... and hotter than a Pop Tart fresh out of the toaster. Anyway, on to the show >>

Upon arrival it had tons of water spots and had obviously been driven quite a bit judging by the amount of brake dust on the car and the exhaust tips.

My new wheel cleaner going to work on the "crappy" winter rims that were quickly replaced.

Foamed with my "active" snow foam 1:10... nice and thick .

Some sap on the roof that had to be removed before wrapping.

These are my "wrappers" . Krisztián és Csaba (Chaba)... they`ve been friends since birth, but the way Krisz was looking at him in this picture was a little strange Unfortunately I could only stay for a few hours to help, because I had other pressing matters to attend to... a 599 GTB that had been left in the desert for more than a year.... Coming soon!

Some of the parts that had to be removed for the wrap.

Csaba looking a bit overexcited in this pic

New rims on now.

It rained a bit and had accumulated a bit of road grime which was a perfect test rat for my new snow foam.

The new wheel cleaner doing it`s thang... the first part of a wheel detox system I`ve developed.

The wheels were only sprayed off with a pressure washer at this point, but the wheel cleaner alone with no agitation did a fantastic job of cleaning them.

This is after rinsing the snow foam and again zero agitation at this point. My new snow foam is not pH neutral and it has "active" cleaners inside to help break down road grime during the pre-wash stage. No it won`t hurt your LSP either .

The second stage of my wheel detox: Nano rim cleaner. Cleans up anything that the first wheel cleaner left behind (which would be zero if there were agitation, but this is sort of like the "pre-wash" stage for rims), and leaves the first coat of nano protection behind, which acts like a foundation for the second coat which will be applied by hand.

Not the typical "beads" because this is a hydrophilic sealant, but beading is quite apparent.

All finished... A second coat of nano wheel sealant was applied to the rims and a nano sealant was applied to the entire body of the car (to the wrapping). For those of you curious, no there was no change whatsoever in the matte finish after applying the sealant. In my experience (I have a truck wrapped in matte black so yes I`ve done extensive research on it), waxes and sealants will not affect the appearance of a WRAPPED vehicle. I personally have 4 coats of nano sealant on my truck and I have also used Swissvax Concorso and Zymöl Vintage on my truck and there has been NO change in the finish. PAINTED matte finishes are a different story... I can`t recommend any wax for them, not even Swissvax`s Opaque, because it still has 40% carnauba in it like the rest.

Truck Norris in the background

Thanks for reading and to all the Playboy subscribers, thanks for "reading"!

- Jesse O`Connor
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work! I normally don`t like matte black, but it looks great on the X6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Jesse that awesome. I`m really excited to try that wheel cleaner. I have had incredible results with the Nano Sealent. One of my customers has had it on his car for over 5 months now and its still in full effect like day one. :grinno: The biggest thing that I liked was how nice it held up on the clear bra. That car looks great in matte black. Nice work. Whats the dwell time on the wheel cleaner? Nice to see you doing some real world cars these days

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks sweet Jesse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Nice work! I normally don`t like matte black, but it looks great on the X6.

Thanks dude! I think it came out nice, as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Wow Jesse that awesome. I`m really excited to try that wheel cleaner. I have had incredible results with the Nano Sealent. One of my customers has had it on his car for over 5 months now and its still in full effect like day one. :grinno: The biggest thing that I liked was how nice it held up on the clear bra. That car looks great in matte black. Nice work. Whats the dwell time on the wheel cleaner? Nice to see you doing some real world cars these days

Thanks Barry! The sealant should hold up for about a year . The wheel cleaner can sit on the rims for as long as you like because it`s gel-based, which means the gunk it dissolves resides in the gel and the gel is water-soluble so you can wash it off at any time!! Yeah I had to lower my standards on this one, but...

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome job Jesse. That car is sweet !!!! Can`t wait to hear more about your new products...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks pretty sick dude. A shop around me (customizes cars like unique whips does) just sent out a new range rover for flat black paint, it` looked ok, but I think the wrapping that you did looks amazing..
    Paint Correction and Protection is our game!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Jesse, this looks great! I think you can tell the matte has much more reflectivity than normal now with the sealant, if anything it looks more even and "new", but still just as matte. The lines on this car also do a great job reflecting changes in curvature. Great job as usual!
    Owner and President
    AutoLavish LLC
    Local to Michigan, Serving Nationwide

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty cool Jesse! I`m excited about the new products. The stance on that car looks off, needs to be lowered some.

Cheers,

Greg
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesse... that wrap looks great.

Are you planning on marketing your wheel cleaning solution?

Post Thanks / Like
    The wrap looks awesome Jesse!

Job well done on the cleaning and wrapping!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Awesome job Jesse. That car is sweet !!!! Can`t wait to hear more about your new products...

Thanks Pat! The release date is coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ADetailedFinish
    That looks pretty sick dude. A shop around me (customizes cars like unique whips does) just sent out a new range rover for flat black paint, it` looked ok, but I think the wrapping that you did looks amazing..

Thank you for the kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by jlb85
    Wow Jesse, this looks great! I think you can tell the matte has much more reflectivity than normal now with the sealant, if anything it looks more even and "new", but still just as matte. The lines on this car also do a great job reflecting changes in curvature. Great job as usual!

Thanks!! Yeah it gives it that sort of "completed" look, no? Sort of a silky shine... I`ve been using it on my own matte black truck for about 5-6 months now and haven`t seen any change in the look.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Nichols
    Looks pretty cool Jesse! I`m excited about the new products. The stance on that car looks off, needs to be lowered some.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Greg! The packages will be sent off next week before I go on vacation so hopefully everyone will have them by the time I return! I think he`s already got some lowering springs on order... that`s gonna look mean...

Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz
    Jesse... that wrap looks great.

Are you planning on marketing your wheel cleaning solution?

Thanks mate! PM coming your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Leadfootluke
    The wrap looks awesome Jesse!

Job well done on the cleaning and wrapping!

Thank you very kindly, sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks really good. What did you use for the wrap?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I would also like some additional info on the wheel product you`re using.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good

Needs more tire or an altitude adjustment.

So about your snow foam and wheel cleaner????
    REFLECTIONS

Auto Detailing

"Not Just A Carwash"

Serving The Greater Houston Area

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information