Post Thanks / Like

Hey Everyone,

While I was down in Murfreesboro TN for the Import Alliance meet, I had a client with a couple of S2000`s that he wanted Tru shined up. The White one was finished and now it was time for the black one. Forgive me for not getting as many pics as I would have liked, but it was somewhere around 98 degrees with crazy humidity outside and my camera was acting up.

So Lets see what I was working with.

For the wash method I wanted to try out some new Chemical guys Bugg & Tar remover and I applied it via the Foam cannon to let it dwell on there and eat at all the bugs.

While that was dwelling I sprayed some P21s wheel gel onto the wheels to let it do its job.

Then I rinsed off the CG B&T remover. and the bugs would just melt right off. the dilution was about 2oz CG B&T to 10oz water. So far it works really well.

Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like

Then I Refoamed the car with Dawn Dish detergent and began the washing with a single bucket with grit guard and 100% washmitt.

the wheels were scrubbed with a EZ-Detail brush, these brushes are great for getting into just about any type of wheel. and the P21s wheels gel made the brake dust come right off with ease.

The car was then rinsed and dried and then clay bared with Claymagic Blue fine clay with Showroom shine as lube. The reason I chose Show room shine is because it doesn`t add any protection to the surface, which would make it more difficult to polish out to a Tru_Shine.

So now that the car has been cleaned, I can start the second stage of the prepping.

I started by removing the rear wing because there were just as many swirls and scratches under the spoiler as there were on top.

Then I began taping up all plastic trim and moldings.

For the buffing and polishing, I used my Flex 3401 and Griots 3in orbital.

I used a variety of pads in 6.5in and 4in sizes:

Lake country Hyrdotech Cyan

Lake country Hydrotech Tangerine

Lake country Purple Foamed Wool

Surbuff R series

LC orange

LC blue finishing

Since Honda clear coat is so soft, most of the paint was corrected with M205 and Tangerine pad. but some defects were just too deep and needed to be cut with some PFW/M105 and I also tried out the new Surbuff pad. I`m still not to sure how i feel about the Surbuff pads on the FLEX as the M105 dries up real fast and leaves some sever marring, I used Meguiars M105 for compound and Meguiars M205 for polish.

Look at how all the Surface defects reflect all of the light in all different directions making the paint dull and faded!

The front fender had some real bad scratches on it. It looks like some one tried to sand on certain areas and didn`t even bother buffing it off.

Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like

I wetsanded all of the areas with 2000 grit paper .

Here are the variety of pads that were used.

It was going on Midnight and I didn`t have time to take all of the pics that I wanted but the car was sealed with Black Fire Wet Diamond paint sealant. We had to get up at 5:30am to get ready for the Show and I still had to do the final walk around to make sure all of the jams and crevices were cleaned up.

Here are some of the Final shots in the Garage and the Show.

There wasn`t much sun out while we were at the show, but I wasn`t complaining because It felt real nice and I was able to enjoy it. here are what little sun shots that I got to capture. also the owner requested no tire shine for the tires.

Thanks for viewing and have a blessed day!

Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dam I had a few of my customers asking me if I was going to go to this. Great job on the S2K though, who ever did it before you needs to be shot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great procedure and nice outcome! Thank you. You were pleased with the chemical guys and sold on dawn?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great!

I wish I had the guts to try bug and tar remover. I have heard too many horror stories on here to chance it yet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RSWIM21
    Great procedure and nice outcome! Thank you. You were pleased with the chemical guys and sold on dawn?
    I wanted to try the Bug & tar remover for all the bugs, and I normally use Dawn for its excellent wax stripping abilities. its just what I use. I didn`t choose it over the CG just added it as another step.
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work, Eric! Also, did you find that agitating the snow-foamed Dawn helped with stripping?
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    Nice work, Eric! Also, did you find that agitating the snow-foamed Dawn helped with stripping?

Yes, I see what you were talking about. I got a little confused when reading your last comment, I definitely like scrubing it down with foamy dawn all over it!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine
    Yes, I see what you were talking about. I got a little confused when reading your last comment, I definitely like scrubing it down with foamy dawn all over it!

Sorry mate, living in Europe for so long has been detrimental to my command of the English language . Glad you find that method useful, too!
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    its only horror for the new gtr`s paint, and couple new nissans, thats it.

Post Thanks / Like
    not trying to steal your thread, but let me know if you happened to see this car there? I detailed it about 1 week before you posted this thread and the event sounds familiar....

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I did. I love that combo Milano Red with black RPF1`s......yum! there were a million S2000`s there. but I think i did see it.
    Doing it BIG!

Thread Information