Post Thanks / Like
    I had corrected this one a few months prior to this detail, so it was just an enhancement and protection detail this time round.

Clean Up:

Cleaned with PWC, polished with Autosol (need to find a better metal polish)

Minimal Brake Dust from the big Carbon Ceramics:

Dirty Aston (doesn`t look very dirty)

old layer of Swissvax Onyx Beading:

The Two Beasts:

Clean DBS:

Afters:

Paintwork was treated to a single pass of Menz 85RD on FI Black, on the Bosch GEX150T,

Cleanse LIGHT wipe-down and a coat of FI SEAL

Flake Shot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice one Ryan. Wish I could do a detail on a beast such as this. My Commodore is getting a bit boring. Although I`m keen to get stuck into it with the Makita! :buffing:

Been working on my test panel again today. Really getting stuck into it to see if I could do something bad like burn the clear coat. From my experimentation you`d have to be a tool to do it. I was really ripping into it as well. You`re going to love the Makita! :clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam.C
    Nice one Ryan. Wish I could do a detail on a beast such as this. My Commodore is getting a bit boring. Although I`m keen to get stuck into it with the Makita! :buffing:

Been working on my test panel again today. Really getting stuck into it to see if I could do something bad like burn the clear coat. From my experimentation you`d have to be a tool to do it. I was really ripping into it as well. You`re going to love the Makita! :clap:

You really are a member of every forum I join Adam, haha

I`m keen to get stuck in with the new makita, just need to sort out my backing plate, sand paper and a scrap panel. Did you use CAP Medium to remove your deliberate marring?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ha ha yeah I don`t come on here much though.

I started off with the CAP on a medium cut edge pad. Unfortunately the combo wasn`t enough as I think I was a little over-zealous with the scourer. Ended up using a heavy cut pad with Menzerna 203S. I was going to use the CAP medium but as I`d already used the 203S with this pad, I didn`t want to then use it with CAP. I`ll wash it and let it dry overnight then have another go tomorrow. But this time I`ll mess my panel up with 2000 grit wet & dry.

Took about 8 passes with the 203S to get rid of the scratches lol. But got there in the end. Then did a couple of passes with 85RD then a layer of P21S Concourse for s.hits and giggles! :p Water didn`t bead at all. It just sheeted off!!! I`ve got a pretty slick piece of scrap metal in my garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    haha awesome, I think while I`m at the paint supplier sorting out a temp. backing plate to tide me over, I`ll grab some heavy cutters, whatever they have in stock will do, and a matching pad/decent wool pad.

Then in a week or so I`ll grab something better, like powergloss and the backing plate from FI. No idea when CAP Heavy is getting released but I can`t keep waiting.

Thread Information