Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK guys its not really Maclaren. Thought I would start the new year off with a joke! LOL Ok I had the chance to detail this monster. Its a 2008 Dodge Sprinter. This car was bought at an auction and the owner who is a dealer called me. He mentioned that car came with a ton overspray on it and his guys couldn`t tackle the job. I didn`t want to take it and told him all kinds of excuses trying to be nice and say no. I told him it wouldn`t fit in my shop. He said do it here. LOL I told him I`m not mobile as of yet. He said well use my stuff. Everything I told him he had a rebutal for. FInally I give up and drive to his dealership and check it out. He shows me this monster and says how much? Finally I got the upperhand knowing dealerships are cheap. I quoted him an outragous price and he countered with a very nice offer. I had to take it. So here goes I had my camera with me and only took a few shots, but I thought you guys would like to see what a retard I am for taking this job. It was pure hell!!!!

So I get there and the Sprinter was already degreased by his guys. :chuckle: Here are some of the swirls I was looking at!

What you can`t see from the pictures is how much overspray was on this thing. I used an agressive clay bar and it didn`t even touch it. It took over fifteen minutes to clay a 1*1 area. After talking to the owner I told him he is gonna have to call someone else I don`t have time to clay this monster. He said is there a faster way. I said Well I can sand it off. :chuckle: He thought I was nuts. Guess what a little bit of 3000 and a D/A did the trick!!! I sanded this whole entire 250o sprinter.

Come to find out the whole thing was single stage paint! :hairpull:hairpull I hate D/A single stage but sometimes you just got to say what the heck!

Here is a close up of the sanding. I didn`t sand it hard but enough to level the paint a little and remove the overspray. :dance

Like I said it was single stage this pad is from half the hood. It was really messy single stage it got everywhere. All kinds of build up.

This is probally my biggest 50/50 This is after some serious Gun Slinging with the Rotary.

Anyways all and all it was an adventure here are a few final shots. The owner was tired of me being there and wondered why I took so many pictures. LOL I said I only took 30 you should see when I do a real write up. He said whats a write up? :chuckle: I just laughed. Anyway I completed this in 3 steps after sanding. It was Ardex 1000 Rotary. M105 PC M205 PC and Blackfire Wet Diamond. It was a whole lot of Wet Diamond!!!! lol

Thanks for looking God Bless!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I LOL`d when I saw the vehicle after reading the title.

I can`t believe a dealership actually paid you to do paint correction on a van!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Just stellar work! I hope the guy was happy, he should have been!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dammit....Nice Maclaren :p Awesome job on it...How many hours would you say you spent on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppa3346
    I LOL`d when I saw the vehicle after reading the title.

I can`t believe a dealership actually paid you to do paint correction on a van!

Apparently they owned it very cheap. If you would have felt it. Overspray wasn`t the word it felt like I sanded a whole layer of clear of it. They actually paid very well, Put it this way around my area its hard to get high dollar details. These things are everywhere and for what I actually made I would be comfortable doing one of these every 2 weeks. And thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    Wow! Just stellar work! I hope the guy was happy, he should have been!

Thanks Fool! He was.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Highrev1
    Dammit....Nice Maclaren :p Awesome job on it...How many hours would you say you spent on it?

In all honestly Alot I was on it from Wednesday night till today. I would say roughly 30 to 40 hours. The inside was already done by the auction. Looked pretty good.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet jeebus mang, that was a HUGE fooker!! Nice work Mr. T!!
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Barry!

That is one huge van, haha...

Nice work!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    Sweet jeebus mang, that was a HUGE fooker!! Nice work Mr. T!!

Thanks Homeboy

Quote Originally Posted by RickRack
    Looks great Barry!

That is one huge van, haha...

Nice work!!!

LOL Rick when I seen your comment on the other thread about a tire dressing wipedown last night I about laughed because I was working on this thing! thanks man.
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn you got me all excited for a second there

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt a little blood forcing it`s way down to my nether regions when I saw the title.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work once again Barry! It really doesn`t look like the same Sprinter!

One would be surpeised about not getting high end details here in Lancaster.....especially with the Manheim Auto Auction, they could throw you some pretty nice rides....oh wait a minute, they probably go by the old Army motto. Quantity not quality!

I feel the same way when I go to do a full detail on my ambulances. I`ll get them looking pretty darn decent until someone comes around and washes it and does a half-a`` job at it.

Again great work, can`t see what 2010 brings!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dang! that makes me tierd just looking at it! awsome turn arround! I guess they know who to call now when they want that perfection done!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    OK guys its not really Maclaren.... Its a 2008 Dodge Sprinter.

Now see....the title kept me from checking this out right away! I have pretty much zero interest in Maclarens, but a bufferbarry wetsanding job on a huge single stage work van, well, *that* I can really appreciate!

[Insert usual regarding bufferbarry`s work here..]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blacK20
    Damn you got me all excited for a second there

LOL Sorry Man I was bored and thought it would be a good joke!

Quote Originally Posted by Benz-O-Rama
    I felt a little blood forcing it`s way down to my nether regions when I saw the title.

LMAO I haven`t heard nether regions in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Underdawg736GTC
    Excellent work once again Barry! It really doesn`t look like the same Sprinter!

One would be surpeised about not getting high end details here in Lancaster.....especially with the Manheim Auto Auction, they could throw you some pretty nice rides....oh wait a minute, they probably go by the old Army motto. Quantity not quality!

I feel the same way when I go to do a full detail on my ambulances. I`ll get them looking pretty darn decent until someone comes around and washes it and does a half-a`` job at it.

Again great work, can`t see what 2010 brings!

Thanks man. I did enough of them high end auction cars for years. Thats the main reason Presidential Details was started. QUALITY!

Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine
    Dang! that makes me tierd just looking at it! awsome turn arround! I guess they know who to call now when they want that perfection done!

My hands were numb after this one! Thhanks for the compliments.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Now see....the title kept me from checking this out right away! I have pretty much zero interest in Maclarens, but a bufferbarry wetsanding job on a huge single stage work van, well, *that* I can really appreciate!

[Insert usual regarding bufferbarry`s work here..]

LOL Accumulator Wiat till you see my Porsche 944 I`m gonna be doing soon we pulled it out of a dealers back lot for $300.00 Its a 1984 944 I can`t wait! It should be in the junk yard!
    Barry E. Theal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information