Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable...

the technology and methodolgy are amazing

the results: looks like a mirror!
    ////AMG

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, hope he charged properly......looks tremendous though.

Post Thanks / Like
    The UK boys do some insane details!!!!! Last month, I started copying wehat they do with the laser pointers - VERY EFFICIENT!!!!! I hope they don`t fly over here and attack me for doing something like they do!!!!????

Great detail and write up!!!!!

Handy Andy!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    results have to speak for themselves...

Post Thanks / Like

Amazing level of work! Pretty much every E90/92 has orange peel as bad as the before shots in that thread. Nice to know there appears to be adequate clear to allow wetsanding. Convincing people to pop for 80 hours of work, on the other hand... :nervous2:
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

Amazing level of work! Pretty much every E90/92 has orange peel as bad as the before shots in that thread. Nice to know there appears to be adequate clear to allow wetsanding. Convincing people to pop for 80 hours of work, on the other hand... :nervous2:

He charged only about $1200.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely wish i had the skills and high tech stuff to do that. Without doubt that is the highest level of paint perfection i have ever seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!! that was a HUGE difference!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    that is some sick work but like scott mentioned . . . . getting customers to pop for 80hrs of work or even $1,200 for something like that is a little difficult, but non the less it looks so much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Really guys? It might be just me looking at it from the stand point of doing this kind of work for a living, but you guys should be able to see faults.... For one, I could never wet sand a car out in 80 hours and feel good about it leaving like that. Two, he cut corners. Period. Yes, he used lasers and great paint meters to make you all fap at the money he spent on equipment, but here`s what`s getting me flustered... $1200 and I still see orange peel and incomplete sanding of ENTIRE panels on the car. For that price, you better take it to the body lines and be able to level film build on all edges without burning through the clear. That`s the type of work that requires you to put the orbital down and really start making art from skill. I might be sounding out of line, but I just see a 1/2 sanded car that would look super to everyday people and an inflated price tag associated with high end quality.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    Really guys? It might be just me looking at it from the stand point of doing this kind of work for a living, but you guys should be able to see faults.... For one, I could never wet sand a car out in 80 hours and feel good about it leaving like that. Two, he cut corners. Period. Yes, he used lasers and great paint meters to make you all fap at the money he spent on equipment, but here`s what`s getting me flustered... $1200 and I still see orange peel and incomplete sanding of ENTIRE panels on the car. For that price, you better take it to the body lines and be able to level film build on all edges without burning through the clear. That`s the type of work that requires you to put the orbital down and really start making art from skill. I might be sounding out of line, but I just see a 1/2 sanded car that would look super to everyday people and an inflated price tag associated with high end quality.

$15 per hour is inflated?

Post Thanks / Like
    $15 per hour is inflated?

It seems to me that there are two sides to this coin. Fifteen dollars an hour is hardly overcharging someone for almost anything these days. However, I do see Corey`s point, too. This car certainly looks 10 times better, if not more, than when it was started. It does seem to me, though, that for someone with such high tech equipment, who takes a lot of time and preparation to make up multiple charts and such, that he ought to follow through a bit more and remove the orange peel as close to 100% as humanly possible. Although $15 an hour doesn`t seem like a killing for the amount of hours worked, all the guy knows who owns the car is that he laid out $1200 for a finished product, no matter how many hours it took. This does put at least a little different perspective on it, in my opinion. Maybe they need to charge more, find a way to finish the job faster, or perhaps a combination of the two, if possible. Ultimately, if the customer liked the way his car turned out, and I`m guessing he did judging by everyone else`s overwhelming response, then who am I to criticize? Just my 2 cents worth...Carmine

Post Thanks / Like
    who said it was 80 hours?? I thought scotts "80 hour" statement was just a guestimation...true time???

I am pretty sure some people on here can get it done in much less than 80 hours (cough barry cough)...thats two weeks work time without going over the "8 hour day" cant make a living on that!

and I r-ewatched it looking at the edges, not completed all the way. But as also mentioned, to the everyday person on the everyday driver, its WAY BETTER than it was before! All that really matters is whether or not the client was happy in the end!

Post Thanks / Like
    before the last 2 photos he said it was over 80 hours of work

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information