Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey every one! Hopefully all is well. I’m going to have to keep these write ups short. Im extremely tired from being so busy. Between writing a few articles and one phone call after the next. Working with a few other business adventures life has taken a really hectic schedule on me. The first BMW is a M3 Roadster that came to me for a wheel refinishing and ended turning up into a full correction on the paint. The second was a referral that came from forum member PATS300ZX. Thanks Pat I owe ya a beer if we ever meet. The second is a silver BMW 300 series model. This car was just purchased . Anyway not to much time here. Here they are:

M3 Roadster Before.

Someone had some fun with some wheel acid here. Idiots. The owner opted to have the color a little different so we change the color. Kinda cool Project!

After:

Some Afters of the final car. The car was two stepped and sealed with Armour Jacket then waxed with Wet Reflections. It was raining out so I Only got inside pictures for ya. Sorry

This 300 series BMW was just recently purchased lol I think they missed a few spots! BufferBarry got it.

All side moldings were removed to get underneath them along with bumper moldings also

It was protected!!!!

Thanks for looking guys! Up Next we will be ridin dirty for this one !!!! lol

Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    LAWL at the Monte Carlo, but should be a fun detail for ya. That 3-series was jacked man! Nice turn around! I hope the owner wasn`t the one who obliterated the rims on the M-Roadster...did you clear coat them as well as paint them? Looks awesome either way Barry.
    O.C.Detailing - Automotive detailing for Lynchburg, VA. Click my profile for contact info.

Post Thanks / Like
    How easy or hard is it to take off and put back on the side mouldings. Love the new look to the rims.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adrock2003
    LAWL at the Monte Carlo, but should be a fun detail for ya. That 3-series was jacked man! Nice turn around! I hope the owner wasn`t the one who obliterated the rims on the M-Roadster...did you clear coat them as well as paint them? Looks awesome either way Barry.

I cleared them wheels, it was a dealership conveince wash who messed them wheels up after a service call. They thought they would give it a bath! lmao thanks adam!

Quote Originally Posted by BAKER
    How easy or hard is it to take off and put back on the side mouldings. Love the new look to the rims.

The side modelings on them bmw`s are easy to remove you just have to watch the tabs in back on the side panels. Not sure about other vehicles. thank you for the kinds words!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    lookin` good bro. can`t wait to see whatever comes next, and I really look forward to hearing more about the LSPs
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job as always Barry. Can`t wait to see the write up on the Monte
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    great work

what did you use to clean the inside of the wheels on the 3 series?

Post Thanks / Like
    [Insert usual regarding buffer barry`s work here...]

buffer barry- What kind of APC (or what?) did you use to clean up the jambs/hinges/etc. on the sedan?

And oh man did you get that engine compartment nice. Not over-dressed or anything, just *nice*. What`d you use to gloss it up?

Good move, taking off the moldings :xyxthumbs

Heh heh, what, no wetsanding?!? :chuckle:

Heh heh, you`ll have to forgive me for not checking out any threads on that Monte...oh the horror, the horror :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
    lookin` good bro. can`t wait to see whatever comes next, and I really look forward to hearing more about the LSPs

Thanks Man

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Great job as always Barry. Can`t wait to see the write up on the Monte

Thanks Pat. I think Ryan was happy with the car!

Quote Originally Posted by xjonmo
    great work

what did you use to clean the inside of the wheels on the 3 series?

I used ardex Attack on the insides and a Degreaser on the outside along with a lot of elbow grease!:2thumbs:

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    [Insert usual regarding buffer barry`s work here...]

buffer barry- What kind of APC (or what?) did you use to clean up the jambs/hinges/etc. on the sedan?

Some of the jams were hit with a Ardex new wave 50/50 and the gas flap area had some mold build up. I broke that down with a solvent then aggitated with a swissvaz style brush then came back an hit with degreaser. nothing like hitting a gas flap area twice. huh lol

And oh man did you get that engine compartment nice. Not over-dressed or anything, just *nice*. What`d you use to gloss it up?

If I told you what I used I would have to kill you.:LOLOL Its a secret! :woohoo:

Good move, taking off the moldings :xyxthumbs

It reallys makes the overall car look cleaner, plus a whole lot less tape!Heh heh, what, no wetsanding?!? :chuckle:

Well a little, On the one side of the 3 series, but well you know I try not to show off! lol

Heh heh, you`ll have to forgive me for not checking out any threads on that Monte...oh the horror, the horror :grinno:

:har::har::har::har::har::har::har: I know you will look! Its all getting sanded!:LOLOL Thanks buddy!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work.

I feel bad for that poor G-Body in the last picture.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Barry! Man, those wheels look outstanding.. question was answered above.. may have to look in to ardex stuff.

Also, did you rattle can the first bimmers rims? The paint is SUPER even!

Again, outstanding!
    Aaron

Owner- AC Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
    Excellent work.

I feel bad for that poor G-Body in the last picture.

Thanks Frito.

Quote Originally Posted by d00t
    Great work Barry! Man, those wheels look outstanding.. question was answered above.. may have to look in to ardex stuff.

Aaron check out Ardexwax.com I think we all learned high price items aren`t always better! Its the one who uses the products! if you need any help with any of Ardex stuff let me know!

Also, did you rattle can the first bimmers rims? The paint is SUPER even!

No I didn`t. Thanks I can shoot paint a little bit lol. I have helped in a body shop at times. Thank you very much

Again, outstanding!
    Barry E. Theal

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry - does Ardex us a disty or do you order directly from them?

Grungy

Post Thanks / Like
    very nice turn around on the 3 Series BMW and the paint and rims came out very very nice on the roadster!

Post Thanks / Like
    buffer barry- Heh heh, seems like every time I ask what you used the answer is "Ardex"!

Secret underhood dressing stuff huh, hmmmm :think: IIRC you are on the same page with me about overdoing the, uhm...slime factor under the hood, but that stuff looks just right.

And I *knew* you must`ve wetsanded something! Hey, even *I* did it on my M3.

And heh heh, on the Monte, maybe you can wetsand the wheels back to something like 17" :chuckle:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information