Post Thanks / Like
    2006 Corvette Z06, customer has me come out about 3 times a year to polish and wax his car. AFter cleaning up the huge mess a previous detailer had made first time I detailed it, all I`ve had to do since is a DA polishing step and wax.

Meguiars #205 using my G110 and a yellow Meguiars polishing pad, sealed with Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose. Exhaust tips polished with Optimum Metal Polish. Tires and fenderwells dressed with Armor All.

That isn`t me, that is the owner of the Z06.

The car has long tube headers, Corsa exhaust, cold air intake (forget the name) and a very lopey cam.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGtPhZ45Avo]YouTube - C6 Z06[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7gfsPO8RYI]YouTube - C6 z06[/ame]
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2007 Toyota Corolla, belongs to my younger son, who in 26 months had put 60,000 miles on it as a Pepsi Merchandiser. I had deep polished it the prior year when I was up in Kentucky with my rotary, just used Meguiars #205/G110/Meguiars yellow polishing pad to clean up the paint and sealed with Optimum Opti-Seal. Carpet and seats cleaned with BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner, vinyl with Woolite/water and dressed with Optimum Protectant Plus. Opti-Seal on the wood trim.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V6ZZAanDes]YouTube - Carpet cleaning[/ame]

=============

2007 Toyota Tundra. Overall in pretty good shape, same polishing and LSP as my son`s Corolla. Needed a lot of claying though, using ONR as the lube and Opti-Clay.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    2010 Mercedes E350. Yet another new car this summer that had rotary swirls on it. Luckily for me (not so much for my wallet ), the swirls were only in a few areas, leading me to believe it was either spot polished on the assembly line or got some marring or scratches between the factory and delivery to the customer and was polished in those areas only.

Before:

After Meguiars #205 using a yellow Meguiars polishing pad and my Dewalt rotary at 1200-1500 rpms, finishing at 1000 rpms and light pressure:

I then went over the whole car with the same polish/pad combo using my G110 and sealed with Opti-Seal.

=================

I detailed this golf cart for an apartment complex. It sits outside pretty much 24/7 and was pretty grimy. I cleaned the seats and flooring with Optimum Power Clean. This half `n half shot shows how dirty the seat was.

The outside was washed with ONR and clayed with Opti-Clay, the hand polished with Optimum Poli-Seal and topped with Opti-Seal. Tires dressed with Armor All and the textured floor and plastic trim with Optimum Protectant Plus.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Good God that Z06 sounds amazing!!!

Nice job too!
    Nick

Armed with a Flex and a passion.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll take the golf cart over the Corvette.

Nice details Scott!
    I do mobile detailing for friends and family. Might not be the absolute best, but I do it for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic work on all Scott, your son`s car looks so wet!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott I`m gonna pic your brain here man. Can you apply optiseal right over a polish or is a wipe down needed? Next did you Polish the plastic on that Golf Cart. I know a guy who has one and has been asking me for a while now to do it lol. Great work
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    Scott I`m gonna pic your brain here man. Can you apply optiseal right over a polish or is a wipe down needed? Next did you Polish the plastic on that Golf Cart. I know a guy who has one and has been asking me for a while now to do it lol. Great work

Depends on the polish. If you get any smearing when using Opti-Seal you are either using too much or the polish you used wasn`t wiped off completely or leaves behind excess oils.

What plastic on the golf cart? The body? The handrails on the side? Polished the body panels and plexiglass with Poli-Seal, any other plastic was simply dressed.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott! I was talkiing about the windshield. I think I"m gonna have to try that poliseal. It seems like a very fast alternative to waxing. I`m seeing great reveiws on it.
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    dang scott that is a nice set of vehicles that got your attention LoL. Great work! Business must be excellent where you are . . . . . no recession there!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vtec92civic
    dang scott that is a nice set of vehicles that got your attention LoL. Great work! Business must be excellent where you are . . . . . no recession there!

I haven`t felt any effects of the recession but 8 straight days of rain in an income killer.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work Scott. Thanks for all the great video`s lately. Keep `em coming!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Thread Information