Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    G35stilez- Sean, I`d love to finally meet you in person. I pretty much live at the shop, so you`ll have to stop by over the weekend.

How are you liking Boston so far?

I sent you a PM...

White lexus 23- Thanks!

TheMethod- It sure was!! Thanks a lot!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRack
    Well, I`m very glad everything worked out in the end. I don`t understand why it was such a hassle to get reimbursed, but at least they did the right thing in the end.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I hope nothing like this happens again to the car. I`m just glad we were able to fix it! :clap: We`re working on a new Jet Black 750Li BMW from the same dealer as we speak :nervous2:. Wish us luck!!

I understand (why it was such a hassle getting reimbursed) -- if you want to get good treatment, you have to go to the right person. I learned my lesson. Meanwhile, I hope you post the before-and-after of that 7-series. And, yes, good luck with it.

Post Thanks / Like
    you guys a fabulous

gorgeously finish

perfectly for Concours d`Elegance,

keep it up & keep it spinning....thanks for writing up, enjoyed it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hystoryan
    I understand (why it was such a hassle getting reimbursed) -- if you want to get good treatment, you have to go to the right person. I learned my lesson. Meanwhile, I hope you post the before-and-after of that 7-series. And, yes, good luck with it.
    I just finished the jet black 7 Series at 2:30 am.:woohoo:

No rest for the wicked at Unique Car Care!!!!!!!!!:buffing::buffing:

Came out SUPERB!!!!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ funny how you mentioned wicked, I just saw the musical wicked last night.
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan: before and after!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Rick. I sell Acura`s in Long Island and just bought a new TL with Tech package in Crystal Black with black interior. There was an issue with that protective plastic coating that comes from the factory. It left a distinct line on the edges of the hood after the film was removed, and also on the roof and trunk, along with small areas on the sides. After having my store send the car out to their detail shop, the paint on my car looks practically ruined. They claimed the glue residue is no longer a problem after they liberally wiped my new car down with lacquer thinner. I could swear I saw the devil as I prayed to God to keep me from choking the life out of this man. Having 28 years of auto body experience behind me, I decided to take the job on myself. I was always considered pretty good with a wheel and my work seemed to come out about 90 to 95% by my own standards. That little extra detail has always eluded me concerning wax swirls in the sunlight. So I figured, let me google "how to get swirl marks out of a black car", and it brought me to this site, which I quickly joined. Your blow-by-blow details had me wondering why I never saw some of the things you mentioned, such as hydro-planing over silicone. It all seems so clear now. This is my first post and I consider myself extremely lucky to find someone of your ability right off the bat. You are indeed the Zen Master of auto detailing and after seeing some of your other work, you consistently score a 100% on the "sick" meter. I am humbled by your ability and talent, and hopefully I can do my car over and get that extra 5 - 10% that has thus far been escaping me. Thank you for all the advice and step by step procedure that you`ve taken the time to document along with accompanying photos. I know it must cut deeply into your time. I can`t wait `til my chemicals and PC arrive. I already have a Dewalt rotary. Keeping my fingers crossed, and thanks again...Carmine

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine1149
    Hi, Rick. I sell Acura`s in Long Island and just bought a new TL with Tech package in Crystal Black with black interior. There was an issue with that protective plastic coating that comes from the factory. It left a distinct line on the edges of the hood after the film was removed, and also on the roof and trunk, along with small areas on the sides. After having my store send the car out to their detail shop, the paint on my car looks practically ruined. They claimed the glue residue is no longer a problem after they liberally wiped my new car down with lacquer thinner. I could swear I saw the devil as I prayed to God to keep me from choking the life out of this man. Having 28 years of auto body experience behind me, I decided to take the job on myself. I was always considered pretty good with a wheel and my work seemed to come out about 90 to 95% by my own standards. That little extra detail has always eluded me concerning wax swirls in the sunlight. So I figured, let me google "how to get swirl marks out of a black car", and it brought me to this site, which I quickly joined. Your blow-by-blow details had me wondering why I never saw some of the things you mentioned, such as hydro-planing over silicone. It all seems so clear now. This is my first post and I consider myself extremely lucky to find someone of your ability right off the bat. You are indeed the Zen Master of auto detailing and after seeing some of your other work, you consistently score a 100% on the "sick" meter. I am humbled by your ability and talent, and hopefully I can do my car over and get that extra 5 - 10% that has thus far been escaping me. Thank you for all the advice and step by step procedure that you`ve taken the time to document along with accompanying photos. I know it must cut deeply into your time. I can`t wait `til my chemicals and PC arrive. I already have a Dewalt rotary. Keeping my fingers crossed, and thanks again...Carmine

Nice Post!!!!!!!:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carmine1149

Wow, thank you very much, Carmine! I really appreciate the kinds words...

Good thing the dealer didn`t do any more damage to the car and you were able to get it near perfect. Good luck with that last 5 - 10% :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Rick. I didn`t have a lot of time to work on my Acura yet, but I was dying to see if I could get the results that I`m looking for with some of the chemicals that you are using. I decided to do a test panel using the driver`s door, and went about washing, clay barring, and degreasing followed by an alcohol wipe. I used the PF with my rotary and then again with an orange pad on my PC. After wiping that down, I used a fresh orange PC pad with some 85RD. Alcohol wipe again, followed by Blackfire Wet Diamond.

I am unbelievably happy with the results. The pearl flake and metallic in the Crystal Black paint are so course, they practically look like metalflake, whereas you can almost miss the pearl content in the rest of the car. The paint looks so deep in the sunlight, with absolutely no trace of swirls or halograms whatsoever, it almost looks as if you can walk into the paint job...it`s that deep.

You`ve made me a really happy man with all of your advice that you so nicely share with all of us. I have to make sure that I finish the rest of the job this weekend because my driver`s door looks like it was repainted. It`s that different from the rest of the car. Again, thank you so much...Carmine

PS - I just bought the Foamaster, and I was wondering if you could share with me the brand of foam that you prefer - there are so many out there. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love seeing how you guys transform these beat up new cars and make them better than factory. Great work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by condor
    I love seeing how you guys transform these beat up new cars and make them better than factory. Great work!

It`s all we know how to do...:nixweiss

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    really amazing work

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hystoryan
    I`m the guy with the 128. Just want to report that -- finally -- the dealer has made good on the whole deal and reimbursed me for Rick`s work (well, for what he charged -- I think the job was worth more than he charged). Lot of aggravation, but at least I got my money back, I found the best detailer in the area, and I learned a heck of a lot about taking care of a BMW Jet Black.

The Herb Chambers people should be absolutely ashamed of themselves for trashing this new car. It`s the least they could do to cover the cost. Gosh, I wonder how many other cars leave their premises in similar condition. Truly shameful :down :down :down

I`m glad Rick got it sorted - - if he couldn`t, nobody else could!

Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    AH, I remember working on this beauty. Hope it still looks great!!!

Ryan Blanchette

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information