Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Brown
    WOUT-STANDING !!! :woot:

Are you guys running 110 or 220 to that plug-in paint job because it is G L O W I N G like a set of stadium lights!!!

Rydawg- In reference to the random orbital... A long way from this in a short amount of time for you:

You guys are definitely a TEAM to be reckoned with. Great teamwork, fantastic job. :hifive:

I hope you are both healthy so we can see some more write-ups. I haven`t looked around much lately but glad I saw this and the Audi write-up. :2thumbs:

:funnypost :LOLOL :har:

Haha.... That is hilarious!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. It really means a lot coming from someone like you!

I`ll have to admit, I never thought I would be using a PC in a million years if you asked me a year ago. I have used nothing but a rotary for the 15 years I`ve been detailing and never ever thought I would find the use for a PC. This year was the first time I ever picked up a PC and have been able to get some pretty amazing corrections once I learned how to use it properly and really tweak my technique to use the machine to its full potential. It definitely has it`s place and is a nice alternative when the rotary doesn`t want to cooperate.

I`m sure Ryan will be making a comment later when he sees your post:LOLOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jopa489
    Saw this over on E90Post - once again, fantastic detail! JB is a tricky color to get right, but you guys nailed it.

:2thumbs:

Thanks!!

I see you own a Jet Black BMW as well...

You must really love pain!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickRack
    :funnypost :LOLOL :har:

Haha.... That is hilarious!!!!

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. It really means a lot coming from someone like you!

I`ll have to admit, I never thought I would be using a PC in a million years if you asked me a year ago. I have used nothing but a rotary for the 15 years I`ve been detailing and never ever thought I would find the use for a PC. This year was the first time I ever picked up a PC and have been able to get some pretty amazing corrections once I learned how to use it properly and really tweak my technique to use the machine to its full potential. It definitely has it`s place and is a nice alternative when the rotary doesn`t want to cooperate.

Well, you two deserve a lot of recognition putting out work like that.

I`m sure Ryan will be making a comment later when he sees your post:LOLOL

Uh-oh... I hope he doesn`t take it the wrong way. :nervous2:

It was not meant as a stab, just an interesting observation! :banned:

Again- KILLER work! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, you two deserve a lot of recognition putting out work like that.

Uh-oh... I hope he doesn`t take it the wrong way. :nervous2:

It was not meant as a stab, just an interesting observation! :banned:

Again- KILLER work! :buffing:

Thanks again Kevin!!

I actually just talked to him on the phone and he was laughing about it! Too funny!!

Off to the shop!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be by the shop tomorrow to pick up my GT3 and drop off the Murcielago.:hifive:

Post Thanks / Like
    WOUT-STANDING !!! :woot:

Are you guys running 110 or 220 to that plug-in paint job because it is G L O W I N G like a set of stadium lights!!!

Rydawg- In reference to the random orbital... A long way from this in a short amount of time for you:

You guys are definitely a TEAM to be reckoned with. Great teamwork, fantastic job. :hifive:

I hope you are both healthy so we can see some more write-ups. I haven`t looked around much lately but glad I saw this and the Audi write-up. :2thumbs:
    Hahahaha. I knew you were gonna post this:LOLOL

Todd and Bryan talked so good about 105 on a pc, I just had to try it. I still do not know what the KBM is, but I have my own technique that works AMAZING!

I still use the rotory for the heavy correction steps, but from time to time the pc will come out and it will do amazing wonders. I still cannot believe some of the 1 step corrections that I have performed with it.

I`m sorry I doubted the pc capabilities, but I honestly never put one through it`s paces before like I am now. My new saying is, " The pc in the right hands can do some wonders"!

The funniest ever was when I was teaching Rick how to use a pc. We were on the floor laughing for hours. He just would not take me serious.

Thanks for the great comments! We work extremly hard as a team trying to perfect miricles on every car we work on. We never give up till we are happy. We always go the extra mile!:hifive:

We are our own worst critics!!!!!!!
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!

I see you own a Jet Black BMW as well...

You must really love pain!!!
    We have 2 JB BMW`s at the moment, and a black F350. So yep.. it brings the pain. Guess I like a challenge? :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the car you guys told me about..? WOW...what an incredible turnaround!

Each time I have visited your shop, there is always a car or two in there that reflects so purely, that it just glows. These cars have a presence that makes you stop and look one more time...I walk backwards away from mine at least once a week, just enjoying the gloss you brought out!

I know that this BMW, like all of your other work, will last. No returning swirls (they are gone...not filled!) to worry about, and the paint is stronger and protected so that the owner can have years of enjoyment. If he washes it the way you recommend, it could hold up for years.

I know how horrible it feels to realize that a car is hacked beyond hope, and then how exciting it is to have you guys transform it into something I would NEVER have imagined!!

Thanks again for sharing!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much!

I agree with you about BMW being at fault for this. It is definitely one of the worst paints I have worked on, Infiniti black being the worst. I work on tons of BMW`s and luckily all of them are metallic black and are much easier to deal with. I feel bad for you owning a Jet Black BMW, because it must be impossible to keep looking nice. You`d think it would be easier to correct because of the soft paint, but that is definitely not the case! You could always paint it!

That`s what really made me go crazy when correcting the paint the first couple of times, the filling I got with menzerna 106ff didn`t help much either! :doh I`m actually thankful I leased this one, the paint is the main reason I`m not keeping it, in two months I can say good bye to jet black for good and just consider it an expensive lesson learned.

Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable turnaround. really learning a lot every time you post your work of art. amazing. hats off to both of you!
    :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    jopa489- If you like a good challenge, I can definitely keep you busy at the shop!

harold97- Thanks a lot Tom!! This is the one we were telling you about...

07e90- It must stink to have a car that you really like, but can`t wait to sell it because of issues with the paint. Hopefully BMW will do something about it soon.

yomiuri- Thank you very much!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d love to come team up with you guys sometime haha

Thanks for the motivation! I have a black Evo in need of a proper work over on it`s way down as I type this

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OakesDetail
    I`d love to come team up with you guys sometime haha

Thanks for the motivation! I have a black Evo in need of a proper work over on it`s way down as I type this

Sounds good.

Your always welcome to come visit us! let me know if you ever come to Boston.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely let you know if I`m in Boston, a buddy of mine just moved back up there and he`s looking at a shop in downtown Boston to detail his Evo 8...I`m gonna try and send him your way as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice turnaround, I cant believe the **** the "detailers" at the dealerships do

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information