Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Had to read it all over again and look at the pics all over again. It`s an epic thread that proves what sets you gentlemen apart from the pack. WOW
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Matt!

Post Thanks / Like
    50/50 shots are night and day!!! nice recovery, bet the owner was stoked!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve already mentioned this thread in particular to two clients since I read it. It`s such a great example of how much damage can be present on a new car, the pitfalls of dealing with an underhanded dealership, and the awesome correction a good detailer can achieve. I love it. Nice work guys.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am the owner of the once tragically flawed, now absolutely perfect black 128i -- why it’s almost like new! Actually, it’s better than new, as anyone can see from Rick’s photos. You should see it in person. I’ve mostly just been taking it out, looking at it, taking pictures, and putting it back in the garage. It’s almost too good to drive. It’s picked up a little dust, and I plan to wash it (as per Rick’s instructions) on Saturday. The relief is enormous, given how deflating it was to see the damage show up within days of taking delivery, and all efforts seemed to only turn up more imperfections! (Btw, Rick mentioned that he saw it with less than 300 miles -- the problems showed up when it had less than 20!). Anyway, I’ll have more to say about it all later, but for now I’ll just say this. There is no perfectionist more fanatic than I -- in all things -- and I knew I’d met my match the first time I talked to Rick on the phone. The guy’s a maniac. They did an incredible job. Worth every...penny.

Post Thanks / Like
    toyotaguy- Thanks!

Picus- Thanks Picus! It still amazes me to this day that dealers have not caught on that they need to train who is prepping their vehicles the correct way. I see this sort of thing all the time and it`s really unfortunate for the person who just shelled out thousands of their hard earned money for the car they desired, which got hacked by their `detailer`. Maybe someday they will learn, but I guess the good thing is that they keep me in business!

Post Thanks / Like
    (eagerly awaiting the next RickRack/Rydawg writeup )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hystoryan
    I am the owner of the once tragically flawed, now absolutely perfect black 128i -- why it’s almost like new! Actually, it’s better than new, as anyone can see from Rick’s photos. You should see it in person. I’ve mostly just been taking it out, looking at it, taking pictures, and putting it back in the garage. It’s almost too good to drive. It’s picked up a little dust, and I plan to wash it (as per Rick’s instructions) on Saturday. The relief is enormous, given how deflating it was to see the damage show up within days of taking delivery, and all efforts seemed to only turn up more imperfections! (Btw, Rick mentioned that he saw it with less than 300 miles -- the problems showed up when it had less than 20!). Anyway, I’ll have more to say about it all later, but for now I’ll just say this. There is no perfectionist more fanatic than I -- in all things -- and I knew I’d met my match the first time I talked to Rick on the phone. The guy’s a maniac. They did an incredible job. Worth every...penny.

Hystoryan- I`m really glad you are pleased with the outcome and hope the dealer never gets their filthy hands on the car again! It was a pleasure dealing with you and I hope to see you again someday in the future when the car needs a light touch up. The car was a ton of work to get the end results we were shooting for, but it was well worth it in the end, since the car is brand new and deserves to look perfect. Thanks for being patient and understanding how much work it and not being in a rush to get it back. It must have killed you to have been without your brand new car for an entire week!

Good luck with the wash and feel free to give me a call with any questions you may have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by drew.haynes
    (eagerly awaiting the next RickRack/Rydawg writeup )

Haha.... Thanks!

Both Ryan and I are really behind on our write-ups and need to get our a$$es in gear. We have some pretty insane transformations that will shock you. This summer has just been crazy with work, in addition to some family health issues, which is why I haven`t been on Autopia much lately.

Now I;ll just have to decide which write-up I`m going to work on next :hm

Post Thanks / Like
    Was the dealer ever notified about the turnaround? Was anything done by them? Amazing work there!

Post Thanks / Like
    alowe -- as I said last night, I`ll have more to say about that shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work guys! Those before and after shots are unbelieveable. I`m an owner of a jet black bmw myself, and although the dealer is to blame for the damage to this car, BMW is partially to blame as well. This is the worst paint I have ever seen or worked with. It is so soft and easily marred, yet correcting it is a complete PITA.

Post Thanks / Like
    WOUT-STANDING !!! :woot:

Are you guys running 110 or 220 to that plug-in paint job because it is G L O W I N G like a set of stadium lights!!!

Rydawg- In reference to the random orbital... A long way from this in a short amount of time for you:

You guys are definitely a TEAM to be reckoned with. Great teamwork, fantastic job. :hifive:

I hope you are both healthy so we can see some more write-ups. I haven`t looked around much lately but glad I saw this and the Audi write-up. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this over on E90Post - once again, fantastic detail! JB is a tricky color to get right, but you guys nailed it.

:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07e90
    Amazing work guys! Those before and after shots are unbelieveable. I`m an owner of a jet black bmw myself, and although the dealer is to blame for the damage to this car, BMW is partially to blame as well. This is the worst paint I have ever seen or worked with. It is so soft and easily marred, yet correcting it is a complete PITA.

Thank you very much!

I agree with you about BMW being at fault for this. It is definitely one of the worst paints I have worked on, Infiniti black being the worst. I work on tons of BMW`s and luckily all of them are metallic black and are much easier to deal with. I feel bad for you owning a Jet Black BMW, because it must be impossible to keep looking nice. You`d think it would be easier to correct because of the soft paint, but that is definitely not the case! You could always paint it!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information