Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all! I finished this one up yesterday. The car was in for a quick service before it gets shipped of to Monte Carlo tomorrow and the owner wanted to have it spruced up a bit before he picks it up so we agreed on a 1-step polish, clean the engine bay, leather clean/conditioned and of course vacuumed. I paid a visit to the Scholl distributor last week and he hooked me up with a sample of S3+ so for this one-stepper I decided to give the new stuff a try instead of S17... WOW. This polish was very nice indeed and so far, the best 1-step polish I`ve seen for these ceramic finishes. I told the owner that there would still be a lot of scratches left in the car, but his main concern was "just making it shine" (the car only has 5,000 km on it so...). Well this guy certainly got a lot more than he bargained for because S3+ and a finishing pad cleared up about 60% of the scratches (probably more, but I suck at math ) and left me with a 100% hologram-free finish!

There`s a trick to getting a perfect finish with this polish though (and most one-steppers). The trick is to do your normal passes (spreading, bumping up the RPM`s, etc., etc.) but right when you see this polish start to flash (start to become almost clear for those of you who don`t know what that means), you have to clean your pad then continue at the same RPM you left off at, break the rest of the polish down and then jewel away! Again, I was very impressed with this stuff. OK, there were times when I was almost sitting on the buffer to grind out some scratches, but again, I was using a finishing pad. There were also a couple of spots on the doors that were just scratched to hell so I decided to Rambo them with S17 and a wool pad then finish up with the latter combo... sometimes there`s nothing that irks me more than just not being able to let those damn scratches go even though it`s just a one-hit... well, OK empty milk cartons in the fridge does actually irk me more than that, but... Anyhoo, since the guy only wanted to spruce up his car for the week in Monte Carlo and I`m sure this is the only time he`ll probably use it this year, I decided to go for the "yo, yo bling" wax on this one and went with Sonax Premium Carnauba... this wax really gives a bit of extra glow to any color, which wears off pretty quickly (few washes) but that`s perfect in this situation. Here`s da goods (the pics are not that great because I took them with my phone... the digital too a poo on me yesterday )!

The car was washed with ONR and 2BM. I did an ONR pre-soak on this one (as seen below) to loosen up/encapsulate the grime that`s probably been for a month of Sundays.

After bath time I took this bad-a$$ out into the sun to see his war wounds... purple hearts aplenty for this young man.

Luigi was here! I`m pretty sure these are factory installed... I wasn`t around 2 years ago to clear these things up

This was my test spot of S3+... this is after several passes (cutting time is pretty long with this), pad cleaning, polishing and jeweling... several deep scratches remained on the car, but IMO it came out fantastic especially for a 1-hit.

Under Crime Light Jr.

Enjoy the afters!

Drip, drip, drip...

Thanks for reading and to all the Playboy subscribers, thanks for "reading"!

- Jesse
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t lie to me, Jesse. Those sun shots are looking FANTASTIC!! Not 60% there! Amazing work on a BEAST.
    Aaron

Owner- AC Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d00t
    Don`t lie to me, Jesse. Those sun shots are looking FANTASTIC!! Not 60% there! Amazing work on a BEAST.

Thanks Aaron! Well you`re probably right, I`m sure it was more than 60%, I just suck at math and have slight number dyslexia . So basically there were just a bunch of deep scratches that were left, but all the others (swirls & light scratches) came out like a charm which surprised me on this ceramic finish !

Post Thanks / Like
    dripping surely! they don`t have to be 95%+ to look good in my book!
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    thats a hell of a facility uve got there, nice work too

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy Mother Mary! Dripping wet indeed. Lucky they have you around there to fix luigi`s work. LOL
    Tim

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks incredible! What do you mean by clean the pad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks Great!!

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Jesse, are you joking??? :soscared: "spruce up a bit"????? this is perfection!!!! beautiful result. the owner must have been THRILLED!

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy hell, Jesse!

Unreal!

Post Thanks / Like
    Days like this, I wish I lived in Europe.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks amazing, Jesse!

That car looks fast just standing still...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MuttGrunt
    dripping surely! they don`t have to be 95%+ to look good in my book!

Thanks Mutt! Same here!

Quote Originally Posted by Krees D Qban
    thats a hell of a facility uve got there, nice work too

Thanks Krees! I wish it were my own garage, but the dealership is planning on a move soon and the owner has already mentioned building me my own "lair"... we`ll see!

Quote Originally Posted by TimG
    Holy Mother Mary! Dripping wet indeed. Lucky they have you around there to fix luigi`s work. LOL

Cheers Tim ! Don`t we all love them wet??

Quote Originally Posted by Superdutytd
    That looks incredible! What do you mean by clean the pad?

By cleaning the pad, I mean that when you`re polishing the polish dries up on the pad, which can induce more marring, therefore cleaning it with a foam pad brush cleans the dried polish leaving you with a clean pad to continue buffing the car with the broken-down polish that`s still on the car. I`ll explain more in depth later ;.

Quote Originally Posted by Got More Wax
    Looks Great!!

Andy

Thank you kindly, Andy!

Quote Originally Posted by jimmie jam
    Jesse, are you joking??? :soscared: "spruce up a bit"????? this is perfection!!!! beautiful result. the owner must have been THRILLED!

Many thanks Jimmie! I wish I could be there to see his face when he receives it, but he`s already in Monte Carlo... must suck .

Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Holy hell, Jesse!

Unreal!

Jesse thanky Hulk!

Quote Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
    Days like this, I wish I lived in Europe.

If you think the cars are hot, you should come check out the chicks...

Quote Originally Posted by RickRack
    Looks amazing, Jesse!

That car looks fast just standing still...

Many thanks Rick! This car`s definitely grown on me... I didn`t like it at first, but after seeing that it could actually fit 4 real people in it and the horsepower that it`s got... daddy likey!

Thread Information