Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kept busy the last couple days, and with the weather being the way it was I couldn`t have picked a better time! It was in the 60s and 70s the past couple days, perfect for detailing.

Now that I`ve rubbed that in...

The `66 is the one you`ve been asking me about for the last couple years. Between the car not being closed to being finished, scheduling conflicts, etc etc I just never got a chance to get it done. A little background info: it`s my father`s car, purchased about 9 years ago. Used to be burgundy red and was so rusted out you could see through the floorboards. The car was repainted about 7-8 years ago (new panels, etc), and sat ever since. A few months ago, my dad finally decided to get it running (wow). After getting a new top put on, I decided it was time for some paint correction. Over the years, the car sat under sprinklers in the sun, and was used as a storage shelf for awhile. A shame, I know...but it cleaned up really well.

I ONLY worked on the paint. There`s a scratch I need to try to get out of the windshield, as well as some other crap like polishing up the bumpers/wheels, etc....I didn`t have time for any of that this weekend.

-Menzerna Powergloss w/yellow cutting pad + XC3401 / speed 6, many areas got multiple passes

-Menzerna Power Finish w/white polishing pad - XC3401 / speed 6

-Meguiar`s #205 w/gray finishing pad - XC3401 / speed 6

-Wolfgang Fuzion

Here`s what the paint looked like after I washed it with DP Rinseless Wash -

A little side by side after 1 pass of Powergloss

After the full polishing process:

I wanted to see exactly how M105 compared to Powergloss. Left side is untouched, right side got 1 pass of M105.

After using Powergloss on the left:

Powergloss removed more defects, and left a lot more hazing. More work, but it was worth it so I decided to stick with it.

Another after shot on the hood:

Unpolished / polished

Trunk before/after

And some more after shots...

www.autogeek.net - We Are Car Care!

Post Thanks / Like

Aw hell naw wassup dawg?!

Post Thanks / Like
    OK now for the 335i...2008 with 8k miles on it, never really taken care of and waxed by a PRO DETAILER with a wool pad on a rotary. I need say nothing more.

Unfortunately when I finished this car, the sun was almost already down. I tried my best to get some halogen shots but they didn`t come out that great. The paint was kind of a ##### to work with, but proper product choice made it go smoothly.

Jet Black on these cars tends to be very soft. However, Power Finish alone wasn`t removing the swirls....so I stepped up to Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover 3.0 and it did the trick. My process for the paint was as follows:

-Wolfgang TSR 3.0 / orange pad / XC3401 speed 6

-Meguiar`s #205 / red pad / XC3401 speed 6

-Wolfgang Fuzion

Clay wasn`t needed which surprised me initially. Then I found a Zaino Z18 box laying in the garage so it made sense.

`

Post Thanks / Like
    And lastly, the 2002 Z28. My friend got an SS hood and painted it himself in a garage. Aside from some light dust in some areas of the paint, it came out pretty nice. He wetsanded it before I got there, I told him to end with 2000 grit. Miller Lite was also used to achieve this finish, as you can see in one of the pics (yes, my friend is quite an assclown).

I used Powergloss w/ a yellow cutting pad / XC3401 speed 6, followed by Power Finish and a green polish/finishing pad / XC3401 speed 6. No wax as it was just sprayed the week before.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice. Looks like you did the 66 at the AG garage! lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Labster
    Very nice. Looks like you did the 66 at the AG garage! lol

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like

How are you going to leave that car in the background and not say more about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL I was waiting for someone to say that. It`s my buddy`s GN...I`m not sure what it`s running right now, I think somewhere in the 11s with just some basic mods. I`ll have to ask him and get back to you. I do know he wants it detailed soon, so you might see more of it soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job on all, do you get paid to detail while at work?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t figure out why people buy black cars only to treat them horribly. Guess it gives us detailers something to do.

Nice turn around on all the cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job on all of the cars,but i really love the mustang

Post Thanks / Like
    that mustang is I N S A N E ! ! ! ! W O W O W O W !!!

um... I am without speech.......

:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to see more of that GN...

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt@Autogeek- Great work, per usual

Interesting comparison between the Menzerna PG and the M105. Is the PG about the most aggressive stuff you`d use via Flex 3401?

Also interesting that the PowerFinish was sufficient follow-up...is this sorta the Menzerna version of the M105/M205 or 1Z Pasta Intensiv/High Gloss combos?

And..I also found it interesting that you followed the PowerFinish with M205 on the Mustang..so any opinions you could offer on these products would be greatly appreciated.

Heh heh, after your rave review of M105 I must confess that it`s replaced my 1Z Pasta Intensiv so I`m always interested in how different products work for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Matt@Autogeek- Great work, per usual

Interesting comparison between the Menzerna PG and the M105. Is the PG about the most aggressive stuff you`d use via Flex 3401?

Also interesting that the PowerFinish was sufficient follow-up...is this sorta the Menzerna version of the M105/M205 or 1Z Pasta Intensiv/High Gloss combos?

And..I also found it interesting that you followed the PowerFinish with M205 on the Mustang..so any opinions you could offer on these products would be greatly appreciated.

Heh heh, after your rave review of M105 I must confess that it`s replaced my 1Z Pasta Intensiv so I`m always interested in how different products work for you.

Thanks!

PG is very aggressive, but I`ve also used the Pasta Intensiv (which I know you are very familiar with), which IMO is much grittier and leaves a much more noticeable haze.

PG / PF left a pretty nice finish, but still needed a finishing polish IMO. M205 wasn`t strong enough to remove the hazing from PG, but left an amazing finish being used after PF. I could have used PO85RD and kept it all Menzerna, but I`m still getting acquainted to M205 and so far, I LOVE using it. It`s like working melted butter into your paint, and wipes off easier than anything I`ve ever experienced.

I`d say Power Finish could be compared to 1Z Paint Polish in terms of cut, but the working time is insanely long and it does finish down quite nicely. However, I needed to use a polishing pad to remove the PG hazing, so it didn`t finish down good enough for me. I probably could have just thrown a finishing pad on my Flex and done another pass with Power Finish and been ready for an LSP.

I think I`m rambling now...if you have any other questions or want me to do any "tests", just let me know!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information