Post Thanks / Like
    This car is owned by a friend of mine, and heÂs not exactly an â€autopian†so I expected the see a Lexus â€automatic wash swirl edition†but the car did only have some light swirls marks and some scuffmarks from parking lots and etc. Or else the car was in a decent condition.

We tried many different combinations and the one who gave us nice cut but also left a crispy glossy paint was, Scholl Concepts S17 with scholl black waffled finishing pads (5â€) on rotary. The other combinations we tried was 3M extra fine cut, Menzerna PO106FF and etc. They left us with a glossy paint, but didnÂt remove as much as S17. I know this isnÂt fair since S17 is equivalent with let us say, Menzerna SIP, but I had forgot my bottle of SIP at home, so we couldnt test that combination

First wash

First we applied a petroleum based degreaser on the car, not on the horizontal surfaces. Let it soak for about 10 minutes, and then we applied a heavy alkalie degreaser(cut 1:25 with water). Left it to soak for another 10 minutes. Rinse with power washer. We still had some tar spots who we removed with a tar remover. Then the car was foamed Allbrites cherry foam via foam gun., let dwell and then rinsed with power washer After that I washed the car with 1 bucket(yes I use the 1bm but after this prepp itÂs safe )

Clay

The paint was pretty smooth but we gave it a quick clay with opti-clay and ONR as lube. Then the car was dried with mf-towels. Followed by a IPA wipe down.

Polish

Scholl Concepts S17 with black waffled finishing pads on AEG rotaries. Spread @ 900 rpm, up to 1800 rpm and then finished @ 900 rpm. Followed by another IPA wipedown.

Second wash

The car was soaked with PPS cleaner fluid, let dwell for 10 minutes, then rinsed with power washer

Followed with mf-towels and follwed by a third IPA wipe down.

LSP

I used a coating, similar to Opti-coat. Applied it with a small make up pad and then left it to cure for about 1 hour. Front windows was coated with Res-Bonas nano glass. Rear windows got OOS.

Interior

Vacumed, leather was cleaned with allbrites rug and upholstery, leather was feed by concept chemicals leather cream, tyres where dressed with concept chemicals – Contour.

Now to the pictures, sorry I donÂt have any befores but it was just light swirls, nothing spectacular.

Thanks for looking :getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Porta!!!

What is the LSP like?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Looks great Porta!!!

What is the LSP like?

Thanks Thomas. Well itÂs like a thin liquid and it will add a couple of microns to the paint. Very expensive but sheets water like mad :woohoo: the bottle is not marked and I got them from a friend. But I guess they are coming from Japan...

Still waiting for my Opti-coat, it would be cool to test them heads up...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Thanks Thomas. Well itÂs like a thin liquid and it will add a couple of microns to the paint. Very expensive but sheets water like mad :woohoo: the bottle is not marked and I got them from a friend. But I guess they are coming from Japan...

Still waiting for my Opti-coat, it would be cool to test them heads up...

Cool!

I am also waiting in line for Opti Coat.

Same kind of claim for durability?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Porta, I can imagine how it looked before. How is Opti coat different from Opti seal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    Cool!

I am also waiting in line for Opti Coat.

Same kind of claim for durability?

The coating is just a couple of miles from me, but I donÂt want to ship it since its very cold right now...

Yes, they are talking about a couple of years from this coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark77
    Looks great Porta, I can imagine how it looked before. How is Opti coat different from Opti seal?

Thanks Mark. Opti-coat is a semi permanent coating, not a sealant. You actuatly add a couple of microns to the paint. I think their is some threads about this coating on autopia, or else you should check out optimumforums.org.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Mark. Opti-coat is a semi permanent coating, not a sealant. You actuatly add a couple of microns to the paint. I think their is some threads about this coating on autopia, or else you should check out optimumforums.org. But this is not the opti-coat, but a similar coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, sounds interesting, I will check it out. New products come out all the time, hard to keep track and to buy and try everything your self

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, sounds interesting, I will check it out. New products come out all the time, hard to keep track and to buy and try everything your self

As far as I know Opti Coat will only be sold to Pros.

Post Thanks / Like
    Porta - Wonderful work. You`re doing yourself and this forum an injustice by not posting your work in the Pro Details section. I can`t wait to give one of these coatings a try out soon.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Porta - Wonderful work. You`re doing yourself and this forum an injustice by not posting your work in the Pro Details section. I can`t wait to give one of these coatings a try out soon.

Thanks for the kind words David, but I am only a happy amateur - not a professional :heelclick I think you will love those coatings, they are awsome :getdown

How do you like the compound from Automagic?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not impressed with it one bit on the 4-5 jobs I`ve tried it on so far. I`ll keep playing with it.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Not impressed with it one bit on the 4-5 jobs I`ve tried it on so far. I`ll keep playing with it.

Good. Then I donÂt have to get a bottle of it

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus
    Looks great.

Thanks

Thread Information