Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    ^^it`s one thing to burn the trim because mistakes happen (I`ve done it once lightly on a BMW, never again) but when you charge thousands of dollar for the detail, then mess up and run... well then you deserve all the hate

agreed. fully.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    I still aspire to "master" a technique. And I didn`t learn any of it from reading a forum or watching videos. You don`t get in shape by "watching" work out videos LOL

This needs to be the quote of the year!!! Funny and a very true statement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lecchilo
    ^^it`s one thing to burn the trim because mistakes happen (I`ve done it once lightly on a BMW, never again) but when you charge thousands of dollars for the detail, then mess up and run... well then you deserve all the hate

Some of you actually charge thousands for a detail? I hear more people talking about price on this Lambo...how much exactly are we talking?

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy charged $4000 for that lambo detail in case you missed it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ihateswirls
    Some of you actually charge thousands for a detail? I hear more people talking about price on this Lambo...how much exactly are we talking?

I was actually speaking more about Holden than myself or others but I have done a few details for over $1000. Many on here regularly charge that... for this lambo I think it was up there as his price sheet said over $3-4000 for that service... not sure though
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The guy charged $4000 for that lambo detail in case you missed it.

That cannot be right, where does it mention that? Perhaps the $4000 included the trim replacement???

:lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P1et
    That cannot be right, where does it mention that? Perhaps the $4000 included the trim replacement???

:lol

Nope $4000 was the price of the detail alone it was another $6000+ for the trim replacement bringing the total to over $10,000 for the detail and cost to fix it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope $4000 was the price of the detail alone it was another $6000+ for the trim replacement bringing the total to over $10,000 for the detail and cost to fix it.

I would have done it for $3,000.00 and the trim would not be damaged plus I live in Central FL as well.:think:
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    $4000 was the price of the job. The trim I believe was $6000 because it was all piece of the window and installation.

He was charging what a real experienced pro charges to do true actual correction which he thought he knew a lot about and thought was easy. I know he spent a lot of time on the job, but I think it was to fix his mistakes.

I am sure he was a great detailer with a lot of passion and took pride in what he did when detailing, but when it comes to true actual 100% paint correction and taking the gloss to the max level, while insuring that nothing will return, this is where you REALLY need to know what you are doing and must have a LOT of experience.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    The amount of work done (3 step correction) could have been done for less then 3k IMO, probably 1000. The owner thought he was getting me, and I live in central FL as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan has it nailed. I think 4k for a 3 step paint correction is ridiculously crazy. I think that this work could be mimicked anywhere from 800-1200. When I inspected it the amount of compound residue left on the paint was crazy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Ryan has it nailed. I think 4k for a 3 step paint correction is ridiculously crazy. I think that this work could be mimicked anywhere from 800-1200. When I inspected it the amount of compound residue left on the paint was crazy!

I am sure if he only charged that little then the owner would not have cared as much about the price for the job that was done to it, minus all the damage. Your right, $4000 for only a 3 step is crazy.

I think some guys just see, WOW if I polish expensive cars like that I can charge that much. In reality, we charge an hourly rate so for $4000 that means we put over 70 long hard hours into it.
    Raising The Gloss Bar One Car At a Time!

UNIQUE POLISHING, MA / NH

Ryan Blanchette

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    I am sure if he only charged that little then the owner would not have cared as much about the price for the job that was done to it, minus all the damage. Your right, $4000 for only a 3 step is crazy.

I think some guys just see, WOW if I polish expensive cars like that I can charge that much. In reality, we charge an hourly rate so for $4000 that means we put over 70 long hard hours into it.

I couldn`t have said it better. :2thumbs:
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rydawg

I agree.. even though I can`t command $75/hr (yet), you have to BUILD to that point. You can`t go out and expect to be perfect, and bill that much unless you have YEARS of experience.
    Aaron

Owner- AC Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by d00t
    I agree.. even though I can`t command $75/hr (yet), you have to BUILD to that point. You can`t go out and expect to be perfect, and bill that much unless you have YEARS of experience.

I think you missed the point... it`s not about being able to charge a certain amount for your services, rather charging that amount simply based on what car you`re detailing... like charging $70/hr for a lambo and $40 for a Honda... either way the guy screwed up big time and it`s unfortunate some of his clients will never, or not for a long time, hear of this and keep giving the ******* business. :hairpull
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information