Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Thread Update, the long waited teaser of the year comes to completion!!

The trim was slightly damaged as well...

OMG you`ve got to be joking... Now that`s just unbelievable that someone, ESPECIALLY a so-called "professional" would leave the car like that. Now if he charged the guy rookie prices for that polishing eherm, "job" and left it like this I`d say, "Well, you get what you pay for," but for charging the price he did (a price that very few people in the world can charge) is just insane. Shame on you Tyler.

Todd, since I assume you`ve seen the innocent victim in person, do you think the trim could be salvaged to an extent?
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    OMG you`ve got to be joking... Now that`s just unbelievable that someone, ESPECIALLY a so-called "professional" would leave the car like that. Now if he charged the guy rookie prices for that polishing eherm, "job" and left it like this I`d say, "Well, you get what you pay for," but for charging the price he did (a price that very few people in the world can charge) is just insane. Shame on you Tyler.

Todd, since I assume you`ve seen the innocent victim in person, do you think the trim could be salvaged to an extent?

No it is filleted. In fact the Tyler apparently tried rubbing on it with a little Menzerna to polish it out by hand (not a good idea for those who are considering this). No way to fix it that I know of other then replacement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Waiting for pictures of burned trim....

posted just for you

Post Thanks / Like
    No it is filleted. In fact the Tyler apparently tried rubbing on it with a little Menzerna to polish it out by hand (not a good idea for those who are considering this). No way to fix it that I know of other then replacement.

Although I`ve not tried it yet, I`ve read that peanut butter will at least take out the white stains somewhat... maybe worth a try before replacing the whole thing. Just a thought
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally, pics in this thread! What is it with all these threads from this OP...like the "concours" on his own vehicle...that we never get any afters?

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think that this little puke faced punk will be showing his face around much anymore. I was reading some of his other crap where he proclaims himself to be "the finest detailer the world has to offer" this kid is either mentally retarded or has ba11s the size of pumpkins. Watch his videos on youtube if you want to learn what NOT to do. He comes into this country with no work visa, wrecks one car that we know of, rips the guy off and takes work away from American detailers. Hey Holden...

KEEP YOUR A$$ OUT OF OUR COUNTRY AND AWAY FROM OUR CARS!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my God! That is so pathetic! It`s beyond me how that window trim got burned? He didn`t need to be anywhere close to that edge. All that polish splattered/left if those sections make it clear that Tyler is is not a Pro and lacks some major experience.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    Although I`ve not tried it yet, I`ve read that peanut butter will at least take out the white stains somewhat... maybe worth a try before replacing the whole thing. Just a thought

There is no polish residue remaining, the `white` is the reflection of the flash. In person the burned areas are `clean` but they feel like shredded felt, if that makes sense. They are also noticably lower in height then the un burned trim, like they where grinded on. With no flash the area is many shades ligher in color then the undamaged trim. It is ruined.

Post Thanks / Like

How in the hell did he manage to do that...?

Why was the buffer even near that trim?

I also see he did an excellent job on the jambs too. :down

Post Thanks / Like
    the bottom line here is no one is perfect, i think we all have made a mistake at one point in out career. simply put the lesson here is in my eyes this is a typical example to all those out there who lack exsperaince to step up and do this to someones car. throughout my career i have learned from mistakes, but i also had the integrity to step up and say sir i apologize but this is what happened? how would you like to resolve this? im just blown away at the lack of laziness that this kid provides. to leave residue in jambs and moldings and all the crevices like that is simply unprofessional. im wondering if this kid used detail spray of somesort to hide the residue or he was just to f`n lazy to do his job! you can see the pull marks from the wool pad in that one pic. this can be avoided easily "spurring your pad" lol easy up on pressure! i would like to personally take this time to thank tyler and his company apollo detailing in canada to once again ruining a true detailers image! many of us on here take our time and produce amazing results, and truly dedicate our lives to this profession. this kid here makes it harder for us to find work. i wish the owner of this vehicle the best of luck. i`m hoping that since you got them photos todd maybe you can step up and prove to this guy were are not all hacks. if its not already talked about. hopefully tyler can step up to the plate and apologize and make things right with that molding! all in all let the truth be told!!!!!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Oh my God! That is so pathetic! It`s beyond me how that window trim got burned? He didn`t need to be anywhere close to that edge. All that polish splattered/left if those sections make it clear that Tyler is is not a Pro and lacks some major experience.

I`ll tell you how it got burned...

Pros know what they are doing. Hacks (like me) have no idea, but hacks can learn, if we are willing to learn. However, everytime he posted a new video and one of you pros gave him CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, he would just brush it off, like "sorry but we just do it differently".

Fine, different strokes for different folks but not always. You and I might disagree on which LSP looks best, but we call all agree that claying a car with a ring on your hand *might* not be the best idea. We can all agree that using a rotary at 3000rpm in the same spot for 20 seconds is not the way to use a rotary.

The reality is this, there are TONS of threads here about detailing a Lambo. If he had followed those thread he probably would have had less problems, but his ego never allowed him to really learn.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps this thread title should be retitled...

"How Not to Polish a Lamborghini
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I clay with my ring on all the time. Reading threads doesn`t make you a better detailer. Becoming a proficient detailer requires years of hands on experience. Nobody I know of became a pro from reading forums. After learning things here, they still need a certain amount of touch time to perfect. The last thing I`d ever suggest someone wanting to learn how to detail a Lambo would be to read some threads about it. That`s obviously where Holden obtained his "experience".
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I clay with my ring on all the time. Reading threads doesn`t make you a better detailer. Becoming a proficient detailer requires years of hands on experience. Nobody I know of became a pro from reading forums. After learning things here, they still need a certain amount of touch time to perfect. The last thing I`d ever suggest someone wanting to learn how to detail a Lambo would be to read some threads about it. That`s obviously where Holden obtained his "experience".

Again Dave is absoultly SPOT on here. :woot2: I`ve been doing this for over 14 years now and I still learn something new every season. I still aspire to "master" a technique. And I didn`t learn any of it from reading a forum or watching videos. You don`t get in shape by "watching" work out videos LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I clay with my ring on all the time. Reading threads doesn`t make you a better detailer. Becoming a proficient detailer requires years of hands on experience. Nobody I know of became a pro from reading forums. After learning things here, they still need a certain amount of touch time to perfect.

I agree. Forums are a great source for information, if you can dissimulate the good from the bad; but nothing can replace hands on experience. I`m sure you`ve all run into guys who are convinced something they read on the forums is right, when you know it`s not.

Someone on Autopia has a quote that says something like "A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion". I`ve always liked that one.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread Information