Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Tastefully done, sir! Congrats!
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Half Man, Half Amazing Jay Slay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great work.but seriously, that dude should just have burnt that car!.. Too much work.:LOLOL
    2009 Mercedes C63 AMG -
    2008 BMW 335 Coupe - Sold
    2006 Lexus IS350 - Sold
    2003 Nissan 350z - Sold
    CUSTOM BENZ HRE 790`s 4 SALE - PM ME

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    When airborne mold spores are present in large numbers, they can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, asthma episodes, infections and other respiratory problems for people. Exposure to high spore levels can cause the development of an allergy to the mold. I`ve dealt with this several times with boats and cars coming out of storage (had a guy ruin his 911 cab by storing it in a wet barn) and would highly recommend wearing at the very least eye protection and a ventilator. Full body protection would be even better.

Thanks for the info. I wore a 1/2 face respirator (with approved mold filters) and rubber gloves. I brought my Tyvek suit, but it was too hot to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Holy hell!! That is amazing, David!

Thanks EisenHulk!

Quote Originally Posted by karburn
    Yowza, what a mold-fest. In that climate, he might be wise to use a drying agent inside the car while it`s stored. I use a product called Dri-Z-Air that came from Performance Products. It`s basically a granular product that absorbs moisture and comes with a container to keep in the car. I use it in the winter to keep the inside of the 560SL dry while it`s in the garage (windows up). However, moisture does collect inside the container, so it has to be checked every month or so. This might not be practical for your client but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Thanks for the recommendation. They actual tried something like this prior to my clean up hoping it would cure the problem, but obviously it didn`t. We discussed using these as a maintenance option for the future and they will most likely keep using them. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sacky zg
    great job

Thanks sacky

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    WOW.. I love to see when profesionals take a job seriously enough to actually research products/methods to suit a job... Kudos!

Great work as usual!

Thanks for the kind words Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Grouse
    Glad to see it turned out well David, my consulting bill is in the mail.

I just mailed the check out Aaron. Thanks again for your help. I`d love to see pictures of the one you did sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    Tastefully done, sir! Congrats!

Thanks Apollo_Auto!

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Slay
    Great work.but seriously, that dude should just have burnt that car!.. Too much work.:LOLOL

Thanks! I`ll suggest burning if the mold comes back for sure.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good God. I`ve never seen anything like that.

Great documentation. I assume you`ll go back and inspect it in a couple of weeks to see how it`s doing?
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    Thanks for the info. I wore a 1/2 face respirator (with approved mold filters) and rubber gloves. I brought my Tyvek suit, but it was too hot to wear it.

:goodjob

Gotta make sure you`re always protecting yourself. I remember when I got into the biz cleaning a back seat out of a cab that someone had been stabbed in and didn`t wear any protection :doh Not the brightest thing I ever did.

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply amazing work. Extreme attention to detail! Great review for leather care as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen mold that bad, I heard of hrror stories of guys who soak interiors with extractors. Wow thats just insane to see the mold make it to the steering wheel. Just disgusting. Nice work David!
    Barry E. Theal
    Presidential Details Of Lancaster PA
    Founder of Americana Global Inc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a run in a few weeks ago with a bad mold problem on an old E type Jag. The rear plastic window in the top ripped in the summer and created a horrible mold problem, even worse than this! I tried a variety of cleaners, but to no avail. I`ll have to try this process next time I get back to the car. Thanks for the write up and great job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like you had a nice "cultural" experience with that one... OK I`ll get my coat . Nice work buddy!
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    at first I thought that was just a fuzzy steering wheel cover....didn`t realize that was mold :gross:

that carpet looked so plush and I bet those seats feel like an old recliner or old baseball mitt...just so comfortable.

great job.

Post Thanks / Like
    David.. that was dizzzzzzgustin! :werd:

Nice turnaround! :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.... amazing transformation and very educational. Many thanks for posting this in detail, David.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ShineShop
    :goodjob

Gotta make sure you`re always protecting yourself. I remember when I got into the biz cleaning a back seat out of a cab that someone had been stabbed in and didn`t wear any protection :doh Not the brightest thing I ever did.

Thanks! Yeah, I did asbestos removal for about 5 years and can definately relate to wearing adequate protection.

Quote Originally Posted by alowe
    Simply amazing work. Extreme attention to detail! Great review for leather care as well.

Thanks alowe! I`m glad you enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferbarry
    I have never seen mold that bad, I heard of hrror stories of guys who soak interiors with extractors. Wow thats just insane to see the mold make it to the steering wheel. Just disgusting. Nice work David!

Thanks again Barry! Any kind of wetness left inside a vehicle can be a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by rcrobbins
    I had a run in a few weeks ago with a bad mold problem on an old E type Jag. The rear plastic window in the top ripped in the summer and created a horrible mold problem, even worse than this! I tried a variety of cleaners, but to no avail. I`ll have to try this process next time I get back to the car. Thanks for the write up and great job!

Thanks rcrobbins! Let us know how your experience goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo_Auto
    Looks like you had a nice "cultural" experience with that one... OK I`ll get my coat . Nice work buddy!

Yup, a real "cultural" experience for sure. The entire car was a mobile petri dish!

Quote Originally Posted by IkeRay
    at first I thought that was just a fuzzy steering wheel cover....didn`t realize that was mold :gross:

that carpet looked so plush and I bet those seats feel like an old recliner or old baseball mitt...just so comfortable.

great job.

Hah! Nope they didn`t offer a fluffy steering wheel option back in 79. The leather certainly needed some good hydration. And some new coloring too.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz
    David.. that was dizzzzzzgustin! :werd:

Nice turnaround! :2thumbs:

Thanks DaGonz!

Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Good God. I`ve never seen anything like that.

Great documentation. I assume you`ll go back and inspect it in a couple of weeks to see how it`s doing?

I sure did. The owner actually didn`t fix the hard top seals, washed it a bunch of times and water and mold came back. No problem. A little more job security never hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by seech
    Wow.... amazing transformation and very educational. Many thanks for posting this in detail, David.

Thanks a bunch seech! Much appreciated!
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. I know who I`m taking MY car to if I ever want a full interior done

hope things are going well down south for your David and sorry it took me song long to see this great write-up you put together
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    nicely turn around david

you are brave

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information