Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Amazing work. Hope you got paid a VERY nice amount for all that cleaning. Did you wear gloves and mask? That is dangerous work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma
    Amazing work. Hope you got paid a VERY nice amount for all that cleaning. Did you wear gloves and mask? That is dangerous work.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no proven health risk due to exposure to mold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job, David!

FWIW, the owner should consider using DampRid in the future.

D A M P R I D - The Original Non-Electric Moisture Absorber

I use two containers of the stuff in my RV and I pull a couple of quarts of water from the air every month. (As you know, this Benz lives a couple of hundred miles south of me... even more humidity.) I`m surprised that this is not a more common problem in the Southeast for vehicles that are stored for long periods, with or without roof leaks.

Based on my RV detailing experience, I wonder if this vehicle could benefit from an ozone generator treatment. (The machines used for mold/mildew abatement are the $1K+ models, not the $119 specials.) Your work on the MB interior is amazing; however, I suspect that mold is lurking in the concealed areas.

Hey, thanks for posting! Very informative.
    JohnHenry

Post Thanks / Like
    David, that is one amazing turnaround!!!

I have done a few of these in the past and find it amazing how quick mold grows. The wholesaler I used to detail for bought a few cars at an auction during the summer which had been recently detailed. The cars sat in the sun for about a week with wet carpets and the mold growth was incredible.

Great job bringing that interior back and finding the cause!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great read with the morning coffee. Thanks David as always. Very informative.

Post Thanks / Like
    David, that was just nasty! I`m amazed that it turned out so well. Except for the normal wear and tear on seats that are 29 years old, it looked like new inside. I`ve got your technique jotted down just in case I get a "moldie oldie" some day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work David...you are a brave man indeed!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gmblack3a
    Very nice work David. I will book mark this one for future reference.

Thanks Brian.

Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Awesome Job David.

Hope you wore a face mask...:nervous2:

Thanks. I sure did. I wore a chemical resistant mask with filters designed for mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Awesome come back David.....

That is nasty. I am sure I would have wanted to tackle that one...

Thanks Pat. Because I didn`t inspect the vehicle ahead of time, I wasn`t sure what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by weekendwarrior
    Great Job. Not only did you take care of the problem, but you were able to diagnose the root cause.

Thanks David. Yes, I`m glad I was able to help the owner prevent this from happening again.

Quote Originally Posted by lt1_man
    Very nice job, I found myself taking notes as I read. When I first saw the steering wheel, I thought it was a ugly cover for it, not mold!! Great job once again.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. I wish that was a cover on the steering wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by twitch
    :shocked WOW! :goodjob David!

I am sure the owner was very grateful of your accomplishment while also providing the underlying issue.

Great work man! I also appreciate the write up about the matts. I am going to have to remember this one. Thanks.

Thanks Twitch. I`m pleased with how the matts came out. Especially without powerwashing them. These would have been destroyed if I did that.

Quote Originally Posted by connorb850
    Very thorough job on the interior! Your process on the mats seemed very effective.

Thanks Connor.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    David Fermani- Wow, what a great job

Hope I never need `em, but it`s great to know what products and processes worked on something like that.

Thanks Accumulator.

Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    Wow, that was just nasty. That was an amazing deep cleansing job David. The afters look like a totally different car. Superb Work!

Thanks Ryan.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil@DetailersDomain
    nice work Dave!

Thanks for all your help Phil. I would have been lost without your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    I had a problem like this on my other car. I don`t think it was ever 100% gone/cleaned but someone else bought it.

How good does the Mark V odor elimiator work? I have been trying to find something that will kill smoking odors from a clients vehicle but nothing yet.

Oh yeah, very very nice job and write up. Thanks for sharing

Thanks Jay. I like the Mark-V Odor Eliminator. It`s not too stronge smelling and eats up/neutralizes odors pretty well. I`ll definately keep using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Same here. In fact, it should be archived. First rate write up and very useful information.

Thanks alot Scott. I`m honored by your acknowledgement.

Quote Originally Posted by gamby
    "Brave" is the best word I can use to describe this job. What a colossal undertaking.

Beautiful results. Great that you were able to find the source of that mess.

Thanks gamby. I can`t remember the last time I spent 6 hours on the interior of a 2 seater!

Quote Originally Posted by SilvaBimma

Thanks SilvaBimma. I did asbestos abatement for 5 years & know how important it is to be protected. Mask & gloves were worn at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04
    To the best of my knowledge, there is no proven health risk due to exposure to mold.

Yes there is! Certain molds(like black mold) can destroy your nervous system and cause cancer. I wouildn`t take chances in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by John Henry
    Great job, David!

FWIW, the owner should consider using DampRid in the future.

D A M P R I D - The Original Non-Electric Moisture Absorber

I use two containers of the stuff in my RV and I pull a couple of quarts of water from the air every month. (As you know, this Benz lives a couple of hundred miles south of me... even more humidity.) I`m surprised that this is not a more common problem in the Southeast for vehicles that are stored for long periods, with or without roof leaks.

Based on my RV detailing experience, I wonder if this vehicle could benefit from an ozone generator treatment. (The machines used for mold/mildew abatement are the $1K+ models, not the $119 specials.) Your work on the MB interior is amazing; however, I suspect that mold is lurking in the concealed areas.

Hey, thanks for posting! Very informative.

Thanks John. I agree that anything possible should be used to pull out the dampness from vehicles in these types of situations. I definately think an ozone treatment *could* help, but I`m hoping that the mold wasn`t circulated throughout the HVAC system. It just started recently and the vehicle wasn`t driven. Unfortunately, I no longer have my generator, but have one from a local detailer (joyriide) that I`m sure I can rent. The owner is aware at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by RickRack
    David, that is one amazing turnaround!!!

I have done a few of these in the past and find it amazing how quick mold grows. The wholesaler I used to detail for bought a few cars at an auction during the summer which had been recently detailed. The cars sat in the sun for about a week with wet carpets and the mold growth was incredible.

Great job bringing that interior back and finding the cause!

Thanks alot Rick.

Quote Originally Posted by howareb
    Great read with the morning coffee. Thanks David as always. Very informative.

Thanks. I actually drank coffee while doing this job.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug
    David, that was just nasty! I`m amazed that it turned out so well. Except for the normal wear and tear on seats that are 29 years old, it looked like new inside. I`ve got your technique jotted down just in case I get a "moldie oldie" some day.

Thanks JuneBug! Yup, this is a moldie, but goodie......:chuckle:

Quote Originally Posted by porta
    Great job David!

Thanks porta. :bounce

Quote Originally Posted by TSC17
    Very nice work David...you are a brave man indeed!

Thanks TSC17.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C04

When airborne mold spores are present in large numbers, they can cause skin irritation, allergic reactions, asthma episodes, infections and other respiratory problems for people. Exposure to high spore levels can cause the development of an allergy to the mold. I`ve dealt with this several times with boats and cars coming out of storage (had a guy ruin his 911 cab by storing it in a wet barn) and would highly recommend wearing at the very least eye protection and a ventilator. Full body protection would be even better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy hell!! That is amazing, David!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yowza, what a mold-fest. In that climate, he might be wise to use a drying agent inside the car while it`s stored. I use a product called Dri-Z-Air that came from Performance Products. It`s basically a granular product that absorbs moisture and comes with a container to keep in the car. I use it in the winter to keep the inside of the 560SL dry while it`s in the garage (windows up). However, moisture does collect inside the container, so it has to be checked every month or so. This might not be practical for your client but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Post Thanks / Like
    great job

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW.. I love to see when profesionals take a job seriously enough to actually research products/methods to suit a job... Kudos!

Great work as usual!

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see it turned out well David, my consulting bill is in the mail.

j/k
    my trailer part 1

my trailer part 2

3 Layers Of GlossAuto Detail

~Aaron

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information