Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone!

I haven`t posted an interior detail in a while because I haven`t done very many to be honest. I did however do this 2004 Honda Odyssey, which was absolutely trashed, so I had to post it up. Some of you may remember my first click & brag...well this is pretty much the same owner, same condition, if not worse. I started this detail at around 11am and finished after midnight. I had a few things come up during the detail so I lost a couple of hours. Luckily the vehicle itself was brought to me by a friend so there was no urgent need to have the van back ASAP. Unfortunately I did not get many after pictures, but I did manage to get a couple long exposure shots which turned out nice I think.

The vehicle is a 2004 Honda Odyssey with leather interior. The detail itself consisted of a full make over to bring it to as new of a condition as possible. Stains have been sitting for at least 4 years so some did not want to come out. The entire vehicle was covered in almost every thing I could think of, which was hidden by a huge layer of dust. An extremely foul smell was saturated in the back of the van as well. This was the first time I wore a mask while doing an interior.

Inspection:

Making my way around the vehicle, I took these shots which give you an idea of what I was in for.

Post Thanks / Like
    Before & After

I`ve split up the pictures into 5 main sections. Trunk, Rear Area, Front Area, Mats, and Trim Pieces.

Process:

- Vehicle emptied out of extra large debris

- Mats and seats removed

- Plastic scuff panels removed

- Seat bracket bezels removed

- VERY thorough vacuum of entire interior.

- Presoak heavily soiled areas with Purple Power @ 8:1

- Shampoo with DP Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner

- Agitate with PC + carpet scrubber attachment at various speeds

- Wet/Dry Vacuum extraction

- Citrus-wipe down of all plastic panels. Dirt scrubbed out with as many tools as I could use ranging from plastic toothpicks to coarse toothbrushes. Wiped away with MF towels.

- Compressed air used in tight crevices

- Heavily soiled panels steamed, including headliner

- Panels & Dash dressed with 303.

- Leather shampooed with Lexol pH Shampoo. The seats were extremely dirty and required two sets of shampooing

- Leather conditioned with Lexol conditioner x2

- Stoner`s IG on windows

- Pedals cleaned last as I had to move the van a few times during the detail.

Time was tight so I did not take TOO many pictures

Trunk

Before:

After:

Rear Area

Before:

During:

After:

Post Thanks / Like
    Front Area

Before:

After:

Mats

Post Thanks / Like
    Trim Pieces

The bezels just wouldn`t get clean the way I wanted, so they appear a bit dirty. As with the scuff panels.

Afters

Unfortunately I only have 3 After pictures. By the the time I finished, it was very late and I was ready to fall over and go to sleep. lol! I had to use a long shutter speed of approximately 10-15 seconds.

Thanks for looking! Questions, comments, criticisms and suggestions are welcomed as always!

Edit: I forgot to mention, I`ll be doing the owner`s Grand Am soon as well (interior). It`s just as bad, and I detailed it only last year!

Kaval

Charlotte, NC (actually Iron Station, NC)
    Post Thanks / Like
    WOW - great work. I personally hate interiors, but it seems like the last half dozen or so cars I have done have had nasty interiors.

One thing I do on the plastic panels is to spray a mixture of 3 parts water to 1 part APC, with a teaspoon or so of Woolite mixed in for lubricity, spray the plastic panels, and wipe them with a damp Magic Eraser to clean them. The Magic Eraser does a good job on textured plastics. I then respray the plastic panels with straight water, and wipe with a microfiber to remove any soap residue, or residue from the Magic Eraser.

However, I have run into a lot of plastic pieces where they are just stained, and I can`t get them clean.
    Ridding the world of swirls, one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    It always amazes me how some people can get in and drive around in filth like that. Not so practical with the front mat in one piece, harder to clean, since the drivers side is always dirtier. But I guess that was not a concern in this case, it has probably never been taken out before you did it.

Amazing job anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent improvement!

Not only was it filthy inside but I bet it smelled too. Cleaning it as thoroughly as you did probably cut down the smell significantly.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    GREAT improvement! The owner should be ashamed! What is all that white junk, maggots??

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice turn around!
    Club Flex Member

2004.5 LeMans Sunset 350Z with Nismo accessories

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work Kaval. That thing was trashed, yuck. This person doesn`t live near yonge & eglington, do they?
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, incredible turn-around! Interiors are definitely not my favorite part of the job, especially the rare ones like that. Great work!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    thats crazy. interiors can be rewarding in their turn-around, but it seems owners of bad interiors don`t full realize/appreciate the turn around and how bad things really were vs how clean they became

awesome job
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    Great result, Kaval. No need to label before & after pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    excellent work I think people who drive and let their cars get like this should be put in an asylum or at least made to watch American Idol(not to take away work from us the detailers but come on try putting trash in a trash can and not under the seat. Excellent work again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy $hit!!! I would have taken those scissors and drove them into my temple so I wouldn`t have to clean that thing up!! LOL!!! Amazing job!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information