Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    9/30 NEW UPDATED PICS ON LAST PAGE, FULL SUN SHOTS AND EXTRA GLOSS, THESE PICS ARE AMAZING COMPARED TO THESE FIRST ONES.....:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

This is a new GTR I prep`d straight off the truck.

It was delivered Fri. evening and I started on it promptly Sat. morning at the dealership.

The dealership was kind enough to let me use their facilities for all the work.

Got started around 9am and finished around 4pm.

I`ll describe the process as I post pics....

Here is the car...... still a virgin:cooleek:

Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see the GTR is extremely dirty, according to the owner it sat on the coast for 2 months while Nissan was retraining their people to deal with the new technology on the car.

window sticker

I like these 19`s on the car, a nice fit IMO.

Now to get back to work. This is simply me pulling off the plastic.

You have to go slow so you don`t tear the plastic like I did....

Now I have fully removed the hood and top fender plastic.

I go from top to bottom so incase I rub up against the car the sides are still protected.

self explanitary

This is why you don`t let the dealerships touch new cars....

The dealership removed the wheel plastic before I could get there and missed a spot. Had I not caught this, the plastic would have melted on the rim and smelled bad at the least....

Now onto decontaminating the car of all the dirt, dust, rail dust and sea salt.

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    i saw my first gtr on the freeway the other day. it was that red color. it was gooorgeous.

cant wait to see the rest of the pics!
    2002.5 mazda Protege5:heelclick

Post Thanks / Like
    one word LUCKY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    guess how many donuts i can, uh, um never mind

Post Thanks / Like
    CanĂ‚´t wait for the rest of the pictures

Cheers , Jean Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    A thorough Dawn wash and clay bar should do the trick....or so I think.

First I start off with the rims.

I scrub out the tires and wheel wells with a long handled soft bristled brush. (sorry it`s not boars hair):lol

Then with a completely seperate mitt I wash the outer rim.

Then I do the inner parts of the spokes.

After the outside is clean I move to the inside of the rim well with another tool.

Once the outside and inside are complete I finish it off with the inner part of the lug nuts.

You might think on a brand new car this isn`t neccessary, but believe me you it was very much neccessary.

Now onto the paint. I will Dawn wash and clay every inch of the car including the glass.

This is a pic of me washing the hood.

This is a pic of me claybaring the hood while still wet.

This is the only shot I took of the clay but evey panel was heavily contaminated even the side panels to my surprise.

This is just after the spoiler alone.

So I prerinsed, washed, clayed, rerinsed and dried the car with a leaf blower, then give it a quick Zaino Z6 wipe down to avoid any water spots.

After washing and claying the car was smooth again but we had one small problem.

It looks as if rust had dripped onto the paint on an area above the door that Nissan did not put plastic on and had slightly etched into the clear. I assume this is from the lengthy journey accross the ocean or possible from the long wait at the coast.

After washing and claying the spots did not come out, so I tried some Goo Gone and rubbed it for quite a while and it seemed to do the trick well enough.

Okay, so now that the GTR has the plastic removed, it`s been washed, clayed, dried, Z6 wipe down it`s time to get out my goo gone and get up all the left over advesive from the plastic. (sorry I did not document this step)

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Very lucky I don`t really like the body style but the performance and technology is crazy!

-Brandon

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so now that it`s all decontaminated, I will need to get the goo gone or 3M adhesive remover and wipe off all the areas of left over adhesive from where the plastic was on the paint. I forgot to document this part but lets just say there was plenty of areas to wipe down.

Now that I think I`m ready to seal it all I get hit with a bad rain storm, so I hold off on the sealant till the weather is a little better and not getting 1/3 of the car wet....:aww:

So onto the interior.

I`m very gentle with the plastics on the inside as some of them are fascend to the inner parts of the door panels and seats so I do not want to put any kinds of marks or tears in the fresh leather and plastic.

First off the cautiously remove the stick so it does not tear and the owner can have his "proof of purchase".

As you can see there was plenty of adhesive to remove so time to pull out the goo gone again.

Then onto the door. Next time I think I would start with the back seats and work my way to the front incase I bump anything with my shoes or what have you.

Now for the optional "GTR logo" mats.:hifive:

Next up to finish off the interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate you and envy you all at the same time lol jk. Congrats on getting to work on such a beaut of a car. Looking forward to the rest of the pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    As you can see from some of the pics, the interior is really not that clean, matter of fact it`s quite dusty and needs a healthy level of protection after being decontamited itself.

So I dusted, vacuumed and wiped down with 303 Aerospace the interior panels and conditioned the leather with Zaino Z10.

Now that the weather had lightened up a bit the dealership photographer had shown up to take some pics so off to the other side of the lot to the booth for official shots.

Here`s some I took with my camera before anything is sealed or waxed.

On the red carpet right where it belongs.

The car is nearly complete. All`s left to do is put a few coats of Zaino Z5 on and wax the rims.

So I put a coat of Z5 on, then ZCS then coated the rims with ZAIO.

I think all and all everything turned out very nicely.

First up the interior pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    damn that looks good, i envy you

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... some of the first "detailed" pix of the fabled GTR! Wow... kudos to you.

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, so to recap, the entire car has plastic removed outside and inside, it`s been thoroughly washed, clayed and plenty of adhesive removed off of exterior panels and inside off of windows from stickers, the interior has been dusted, vacuumed, leather conditioned and pastic treated, the only thing left to do is seal it.

So as mentioed it got two coats of Zaino Z5 and ZCS with Z8 as a final and the rims got ZAIO.

So here are the final pics. Sorry there`s no sun shots or nice background, but it was raining the whole time and I only had the dealership stalls to work in.

Opps, almost forgot that I wiped down the engine bay and any water out of the jambs.

This is the almighty Twin Turbo V6 putting out 480HP to all 4 wheels through the dual cluth paddle shifted technology....

And I present to you the all new 2009 Nissan GT-R:spot

A few more glamour shots to come.....

Post Thanks / Like

sorry this one is sideways

Post Thanks / Like
    Lucky you!!!fantastic job mate and fantastic car!!!!!
    I AM HERE TO LEARN!!!!

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information