Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    I agree, why would they boast of such great performance features just to release it and not be able to use it?? unless something is going on that we don`t know about??

Alot of people are already sceptical about Nissan`s claimed fame ring times and now people can`t use the LC doesn`t help their repuation any?? hmmm

Even without the LC though the car is freakin fast.:chuckle:

FYI, Nissan never touted launch control in the USA as a feature, and the performance times they quoted have been reproducible by many GT-R owners(1/4 mile times around 11.7 withOUT launch control).

As for the glass transmissions, that is an Internet rumor. Few trannies have had issues and those that did afaik were abused beyond belief - I dare anyone to drop the clutch on their 500+hp car 35 times in a short period.. That is what happened to these guys.

For now my car has been solid. no issues.

I`ve driven it on the 2.9 mile course at Texas World Speedway on 5 different days now a total of about 20 sessions. Using this car was my first time ever to go on a track and it is so good that even a beginner like myself is getting better times than most on the track(sub 2 minutes clockwise), even those in the white/red groups.. The car is fast on a track and is easy to drive fast on a track. I wish the tires didn`t wear out so fast though....a problem with this 3900lb beast.

I don`t care much about 0-60 and 1/4 mile times but it is a bonus that this car does them better than 99.9999% of all other cars in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcalcaide
    Awesome new car prep. I am getting my GT-R in about 10 days. Red with Grey leather. I will prep the car basically like you. No way will the dealer touch my baby.

I am member on NAGTROC, and Ive told everyone there how important new car detailing is. I posted links of MOE`s work from 6speed on to NAGTROC. So I guess indirectly the business came to you! The world really is small.:hifive:

The guy did a great in depth detail!

But that car is a complete WASTE of money! For the quality you get, the overated power you get, and the fact that is is a 6 cylinder NISSAN, you are wasting $100k.

There is so much better out there for the price, just look. Just because this is the fastest car Nissan has made, doesn`t mean it is great.

EDIT--- If you think they are fast, check out this video. It is a stock GTR, vs an 03/04 cobra. The GTR is stock, and the cobra has bolt ons, weighing about 3600-3700 with driver and cameraman.

texascannonball.com: Home - Pics and Vids - GTR v Bolt on cobra
    03 Mustang GT

93 Opalescent Mark Viii

06 Navigator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 89gt-stanger
    The guy did a great in depth detail!

But that car is a complete WASTE of money! For the quality you get, the overated power you get, and the fact that is is a 6 cylinder NISSAN, you are wasting $100k.

There is so much better out there for the price, just look. Just because this is the fastest car Nissan has made, doesn`t mean it is great.

EDIT--- If you think they are fast, check out this video. It is a stock GTR, vs an 03/04 cobra. The GTR is stock, and the cobra has bolt ons, weighing about 3600-3700 with driver and cameraman.

texascannonball.com: Home - Pics and Vids - GTR v Bolt on cobra

Have you driven one...on the track? Lol, I paid $72K for mine and was the 3rd one in town to have one. Funny thing is when people look at it, sit in it, and then ride in it they thing it is the coolest thing ever. I don`t care what they think, but that is what they think. I tested a Z06 a couple years ago and wasn`t impressed - great car but not for $65K(at the time). The GT-R is built really well - the interior is perfect, and the exterior is flawless, and this was with the first run of cars. The power is butter smooth and the car is great to drive on the street and even better on the track. Handling is simply amazing.

As for overrated power? You mean underrated right, because every car mag/expert in the world is still scratching their heads over how the car can be so fast, weigh so much and be as quick and fast as it is. The reason is technology - quicker shifts, lots of electronics on the chassis, and very little power loss in the drive train, among other things.

Anyway I am going to my 4th track weekend in my GT-R in two weeks, and that is where it really shines. I am a beginner driver and I`m putting up lap times that best most of the advanced drivers who drive Vettes and GT3s..

Wow a Mustang with bolt-ons? Really? Are you serious? A straight line? I haven`t been to the drag strip once. Why? Because a drag strip is meaningless. My 5 year old cousin did a 12.0 1/4 in his dad`s Vette last summer. Wow. I respect all other cars that haul butt with simple mods - I love fast cars at the dragstrip, but the track is a lot more fun. Go out to one and learn yourself, just don`t bring a mustang - a spec Miata would suit you better(I am serious).

BTW for under $10K a GT-R can run 10s...with no bolt-ons...just an exhaust and an ECU flash/tune.

You`re a drag guy. that`s nice. GT-R owners are track guys. We like to drive cars. We like to actually use the cars we own..

bye bye now.

Post Thanks / Like
    :chuckle: I never get tired of hearing the opinions about the gtr

I guess it is a cause for much discussion because people just are not used to a Nissan posing a legitatment threat to Porsche and many other beloved companies.

It is naturally easy for the underdog to get a bad rap, especially on the net. When a few rumors broke out about bad tranies it exploded like wildfire because a lot of people had already made up their minds that the gtr was "bad." Admittedly the idea behind the launch control & void warranty thing is scary, but it is hard to tell just how big of an issue this will become.

Considering its accomplishments already, i will be keeping a close eye on the gtr and the effects it will have on the high performance auto industry in the years to come. For now though, keep the awesome detail wirte-ups coming. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    That is a very nice car! Lucky Guy

Post Thanks / Like
    I still think it`s a beautiful car. . Great work on the car.
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread Information