Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet job Josh! When I did one car at a dealership, the regular detail guys were very jealous...did you get this sort of treatment as well? Also, was this the $3000 super silver color?

I wouldn`t be surprised if the dealership prep took their dirty cars and just wiped them down after that crazy rain shower.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Sweet job Josh! When I did one car at a dealership, the regular detail guys were very jealous...did you get this sort of treatment as well?

Yeah, I am wondering this as well. I figure this is the best car that dealership has probably seen. Their regular crew might have been mad that a master detailer was called in to work on it.

Excellent work as always.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC17
    I love to see them start off on the right foot. Great job, and nice documentation.

Thanks, it`s definately important for them to get a healthy start.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckman
    Stunning car and stellar work. Congrats on having that unique opportunity.

I`m curious why you chose Z5 instead of Z2Pro? It looks fantastic covered in Z5 but would Z2 offer a little more shine and sparkle? Don`t get me wrong, it looks absolutely fantastic and you worked on the car and were best suited to determine the LSP.

Thanks, I honestly don`t think using Z2pro would make a noticable difference on this light colored metallic paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx
    Awesome job Josh. I have a client that has a black one on order. Your write up gave me a few tips. I`m hoping to beat Todd to the punch

Thanks, glad I could help. Good luck on it, I`m sure yours will turn out awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Moutee
    Beautiful car! You did it justice. I`ve been waiting to see someone here work on one.

Thanks, they are great looking cars, they look much better in person then in pics btw.

Quote Originally Posted by D&D Auto Detail
    Nice work Josh!

Thanks.
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rcalcaide
    Awesome new car prep. I am getting my GT-R in about 10 days. Red with Grey leather. I will prep the car basically like you. No way will the dealer touch my baby.

I am member on NAGTROC, and Ive told everyone there how important new car detailing is. I posted links of MOE`s work from 6speed on to NAGTROC. So I guess indirectly the business came to you! The world really is small.:hifive:

Awesome, it is a small world.

Don`t let the dealership even touch it or take the plastic off or they will wash it and hack it up....

Make sure you have some form of adhesive remove too.

Josh

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EisenHulk
    Hey, Josh. First off, fantastic work on an amazing car. Question for you: Did you happen to give the owner a quick "how to" on how to keep that car looking great?

Of course, we talked in depth about two bucket washing and using a blower to dry as well as touch up with a QD and MF`s.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileJay
    Sick car, nice work

Thanks Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    I didn`t see you mention it, so I`ll ask.

Did you clay without rinsing the soapy/dirty water off the car? To me seems like too much additional risk involved that way especially forgoing a polishing step.

If the car was muddy then there might be some added risk but not this car`s condition. Besides I prerinsed most of the dirt off before I washed it. (You`d think by now I`d know how to wash and clay a car without marring it right?)

Also I inspected the paint after everything to determine if it needed to be polished and there was no damage or marring to polish out so why would I add an uneeded step??

Quote Originally Posted by rydawg
    WOW Josh! That car looks amazing......

You look pretty happy working on that one.

I have heard that these are insanely fast.

Thanks, yes I was happy to take care of this one, I always love to detail something different or at least haven`t worked on before so this was a treat for me.

Yes, supposed to be very fast with the launch control system they put in place.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abester45
    Gorgeous car and nice detail man :goodjob

Is it me or does the center grill GTR emblem look crooked?

Thanks, it`s really not crooked, probably just the pic I took is sligtly tilted or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5
    Stunning car and prep Josh!.......Awesome looking.....

Thanks, it is a great looking car.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil@DetailersDomain
    very nice work!

THanks Phil

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Nice work as always, Josh. :up

Did the customer have you do the work prior to pick-up or was it the dealer? If it was the dealer, that is impressive that they would recognize a special car needs something more than a quickie clean-up by their own people.

I hope the owner (if it is the same car mentioned this week in the automotive section of the Dallas Morning News, his name is also Josh) doesn`t experience any transmission problems-although I think the problems are mostly limited to early VIN Japanese market GTRs.

Thanks, the owner hired me, but I detailed and prep`d the car at the dealership, but for the owner. The dealership did not pay me.

It was kind of prior to delivery as well, you can see all the plastic still on it. The car came in Fri. evening and I took care of it first thing Sat.

BTW, not the same owner as in the news....this guy hadn`t even driven the car yet so I don`t think he`s had any issues with it....:lol

Quote Originally Posted by xfire
    Sweet job Josh! When I did one car at a dealership, the regular detail guys were very jealous...did you get this sort of treatment as well? Also, was this the $3000 super silver color?

I wouldn`t be surprised if the dealership prep took their dirty cars and just wiped them down after that crazy rain shower.

There`s guys were plenty nice to me. This was not the optional super silver color. I think this was called gunmetal grey or something.

And you should have seen what the wash guys (not detailers) were doing with the cars, you`d be sick.....

Quote Originally Posted by johny
    Yeah, I am wondering this as well. I figure this is the best car that dealership has probably seen. Their regular crew might have been mad that a master detailer was called in to work on it.

Excellent work as always.

Thanks, but no the dealership did not hire me or pay me, this was strickly for the owner.

The dealership was co-operative but not friendly to me at all. I wasn`t impressed with them, they are just a another typical dealership IMO.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette

If the car was muddy then there might be some added risk but not this car`s condition. Besides I prerinsed most of the dirt off before I washed it. (You`d think by now I`d know how to wash and clay a car without marring it right?)

Also I inspected the paint after everything to determine if it needed to be polished and there was no damage or marring to polish out so why would I add an uneeded step??

Well of course I`d HOPE you`d know by now. There`s still the fact that you rinsed the car, washed it with your wash media and left any leftover dirt emulsified in the soap while claying. Did you do any damage? Apparently not. Would I risk it that way? Nah.

But let me get this right, you justified it as an unneeded step but would happily have polished the car (a much more involved step) if marring had occurred? Do you see the logic here? :think2

*Edit: Please don`t take this as an attack or ill thinking of you. I was merely asking your strategy/reasoning. We`ve all seen your work, obviously you are a more than capable detailer.

Post Thanks / Like

But let me get this right, you justified it as an unneeded step but would happily have polished the car (a much more involved step) if marring had occurred? Do you see the logic here? :think2

*Edit: Please don`t take this as an attack or ill thinking of you. I was merely asking your strategy/reasoning. We`ve all seen your work, obviously you are a more than capable detailer.

Mindflux, it`s kind of funny how you say you think I`m a "more then capable detailer" then ask a question like you did, then I answered it the first time yet your still picking at the same question??

I`ll try to make this more clear for you one last time..... I did not inspect this car`s paint to make sure I did not mare/damage it, I inspected the car`s paint as I would any/every car I touch to see what it`s condition is. Just cause it`s new off the truck doesn`t mean the factory didn`t have to sand and buff a run or any other defect. Matter of fact as I mentioned, there was one small area at the top of the hood near the windshield that showed a small defect that looked like it was spot buffed.

Those are the reasons why I inspect paint not to ensure I`m doing a good job but to properly diagnose the paint.

Does that make more sense??:goodjob

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux, it`s kind of funny how you say you think I`m a "more then capable detailer" then ask a question like you did, then I answered it the first time yet your still picking at the same question??

I`ll try to make this more clear for you one last time..... I did not inspect this car`s paint to make sure I did not mare/damage it, I inspected the car`s paint as I would any/every car I touch to see what it`s condition is. Just cause it`s new off the truck doesn`t mean the factory didn`t have to sand and buff a run or any other defect. Matter of fact as I mentioned, there was one small area at the top of the hood near the windshield that showed a small defect that looked like it was spot buffed.

Those are the reasons why I inspect paint not to ensure I`m doing a good job but to properly diagnose the paint.

Does that make more sense??:goodjob

Josh

Was just asking for your justification. :nervous:

If you washed the hood and clayed it and added marring from clay because of an improper rinse all you would have caused is more work for yourself assuming the hood was `perfect` before hand. Why are you taking offense to that? Are you TRYING to create more work? It`s good for your pocket book, after all. :sosad

Post Thanks / Like
    Shouldn`t differences in techniques be handled via PM`s? I agree with what your saying and would never chance marring the paint with clay unless I was sure it was rinsed and completely clean, but isn`t there a better way to handle this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    Shouldn`t differences in techniques be handled via PM`s? I agree with what your saying and would never chance marring the paint with clay unless I was sure it was rinsed and completely clean, but isn`t there a better way to handle this?

I was asking, not accusing. I gave Josh a chance to elaborate and he got defensive.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was asking, not accusing. I gave Josh a chance to elaborate and he got defensive.

Mindflux, I elaborated two time for you, yet you`re still picking the issue?? :faint:

I did not mare the car and I did not even chance marring the car, like I said before I know what I`m doing.... I`ve done this process hundreds of times with great results and typically never have marring issues.

What more do you want?

Call or PM me if you feel so inclined, I do not mind talking with you over the phone if you still have confusion.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like

Are you TRYING to create more work? It`s good for your pocket book, after all. :sosad

Mindflux, I think this last sentence you wrote really sums up the true intent of your questionings....

That is an accusation, hide it in a sentence if you must, but you basically just accused me of creating more work on a car in order to make more money which is the farthest thing from the truth.

Matter of fact, after working on this car all day I only charged him a measley few hours which I quoted him and I did not quote him for a days` worth of work.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mindflux, I think this last sentence you wrote really sums up the true intent of your questionings....

Josh

The true intent was nothing more than what I originally asked. As you can see Todd seems to agree with my assessment. You don`t and that`s fine.

If you didn`t scratch the paint, good job. That`s just not my approach and I wanted to see the contrast in logic between us. If you felt the car was clean enough to safely clay you may have some other criteria that it fits into where I don`t.

If there was a planned polish after claying I could see using your method here without a second thought.

:xyxthumbs

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information