Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This was the other big horsepower car I did on my trip in GA. This car belongs to a good friend of mine and I was in town for his wedding, so this one was free (wedding gift). As a kinda payment I did get to drive it quite a bit and scare the crap out of my mom with it . This recieved the same treatment as the black Supra, but I had to use the UDM instead of the rotary cause I was getting too much pad hop with the sharp curves of the Evo. Anyways... Enjoy the pics.

Before:

Afters:

Last note in the befores I couldn`t capture the defects, but it had all the usual swirls and such. It hasn`t had a good cleaning since I last did it in December.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work! Killer ride! Love the CF!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! It was a beast to drive and fun to work on.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great man...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripperfx3
    This was the other big horsepower car

Nice work. Dig that blue!

That is a horrendous gap on that CF hood. I never understood why companies can make any shape of hood that they want (CF or FG) but very few can actually make them fit.

Just curious, how much is "big" horsepower?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good job, turned out nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

Big HP is over 500 on a DynoDynamics dyno, which is a very low reading dyno. If you compare it to dynojet numbers he`s making a little over 600 (15% difference in numbers between the 2 dynos). This is on only 27psi (I run 26psi on a much smaller turbo) and blowing out spark. The coil on plug ignition should be on now and they are going to be tuning it for 42psi on race gas and around 30-33psi on pump and he should be over 700AWHP on race gas on the lower reading DynoDynamics dyno.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Any track times?

Post Thanks / Like
    Used to live there in Dahlonega myself also, killer curvy roads.........

Post Thanks / Like
    blk45: No 1/4 mile times yet, but he competed at a time attack event in the street class (stock suspension, just springs) and with a professional driver he placed 4th place OVERALL. That means his car beat most of the modified street cars that have thousands of dollars worth of suspension upgrades as well as the same amount of power that he has.

silk: This car has seen Dahelonga many times along with mine . Love the roads out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    TO bad they make ****** fitment on CF hoods.. I guess I will just have to stick with stock hood on the supra even though I would love a TRD hood.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 95supra
    TO bad they make ****** fitment on CF hoods.. I guess I will just have to stick with stock hood on the supra even though I would love a TRD hood.

If you can afford the real TRD hood (not a replica) than it should fit fine. I worked at a Toyota dealership for 2 years and we had a customer with a complete HKS engine (internals and externals) and a TRD hood and it fit completely fine. No huge gap or anything like that.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you can afford the real TRD hood (not a replica) than it should fit fine. I worked at a Toyota dealership for 2 years and we had a customer with a complete HKS engine (internals and externals) and a TRD hood and it fit completely fine. No huge gap or anything like that.

Agreed. My friend has one on his and it fits perfectly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

Big HP is over 500 on a DynoDynamics dyno, which is a very low reading dyno. If you compare it to dynojet numbers he`s making a little over 600 (15% difference in numbers between the 2 dynos). This is on only 27psi (I run 26psi on a much smaller turbo) and blowing out spark. The coil on plug ignition should be on now and they are going to be tuning it for 42psi on race gas and around 30-33psi on pump and he should be over 700AWHP on race gas on the lower reading DynoDynamics dyno.

ONLY 27PSI huh? if i tried putting that through my car.. it would peg about 1500hp before destroying everything

but really good work.. love that blue color. reminds me of the audi nogaro blue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000firebird
    ONLY 27PSI huh? if i tried putting that through my car.. it would peg about 1500hp before destroying everything

but really good work.. love that blue color. reminds me of the audi nogaro blue

Thanks man. He`s actually going to be running 35psi on 93 pump when his Coil on plug iginition is installed. He was blowing out spark at anything past 27. On C16 he`ll be running over 40psi and should be making somewhere in the range of 750hp on a low reading dyno.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information