Post Thanks / Like
    Ah I posted a longer version but for some reason I lost it . So here is the compressed version (befores will be second post and in progress will be later). First utopian detail and hopefully my future details will be much better! Any advice appreciated to bringing the shine to next level. I also know my documenting skills are pretty bad and I forgot to include more before shots and 50/50.

The vehicle condition prior to the detail was minor swirling and some RDS. After the polish I performed a 90% correction of the defects; majority still remaining being RDS and some scratches to the base coat.

Process:

ONR (double strength)

Mothers Clay bar & Showtime as lube

Pressure washed tires and wheel wells

ISA Wipedown

Taped vehicle trim

Orange Pad SSR 2.5

ISA Wipedown

White Pad SSR 1.0

ISA Wipedown

White Pad Klasse AIO

Black Pad P21S Concours

Meguiars Tireshine for tires and wheel wells

Mothers Back to Black for exterior plastic trim

Second wash consisted of:

Pressure Washed wheels and tire wells

Pre rinsed vehicle with fertilizer gun (2 oz black Magic mixed with 1 oz ONR and 1 oz Gold Class; worked great at the dirt until my gun broke)

Hand Washed vehicle with Meguiars Gold Class Carwash (2 buckets; sheepskin mitts)

WWT dry

Black Pad P21S Concours (another layer)

Mothers Back to Black Trim

Meguiars Tire Shine

Detailed spanned over a week due to crappy weather.

Some before pics:

In Progress Pics:

Yeah halogens didn`t do #^&^ on this paint; I had to manage wierd angles to catch marring.

Finished Results :

Any advice appreciated especially on how to bring the shine on a paint like this to the next level!

DG G35 Coupe -> 19s PIAA Super Rozza

Bats Overlays, 35% tint, Kuruma Z front Bumper Coming Soon!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job Asad, here`s my G with UPGP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Nice job Asad, here`s my G with UPGP

Thanks and damn; that is the kinda wetness I want for my next detail! Think Klasse SG will be able to deliver those kinda results (I don`t have any UPGP on hand)? I am probably stripping the P21S next week and will layer with SG instead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad_A203
    Thanks and damn; that is the kinda wetness I want for my next detail! Think Klasse SG will be able to deliver those kinda results (I don`t have any UPGP on hand)? I am probably stripping the P21S next week and will layer with SG instead.
    I have no experience with SG, but if you prep right, you should get great results with any sealant. I read about this and tried it and dam if it didnt work. After getting the paint to where you want it, that is removing swrils, scratches, marring, do one more step. Get your blk, blue or red pad and go over your work again. This is called jeweling or burnishing the paint. The first time I did this, all I could say is WOW it works. Be sure to do an alcohol wipe down before sealant or wax. I tried Fuzion after polishing and it gave it a deep shine. UPGP gave it a bright gloss. Both look good, but I guess your never satisfied. Even tried DWG over and under UPGP.

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW get Black Wow for your trim. Especially the mirrors and windsheild wiper cowl. I just redid mine today after 4 mos. It was still ok, but fading a little in some spots. I`ve tried just about every trim product out there and nothing beats Black Wow. A little pricesy but a few drops goes a long way.

Post Thanks / Like
    The cars looks great. I have always loved that body style. + you did an awesome job on the detail.

I once tried to post a long C&B and lost it due to hitting some unknown button. Now I just leave it up to Todd to post the long ones. He has the nack for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    that is a SUPER wet looking car, you can def. tell on the second to last picture. sopping wet
    03 Redfire Mustang GT

13.9 when it was stock

Intake, Exhaust now

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW get Black Wow for your trim. Especially the mirrors and windsheild wiper cowl. I just redid mine today after 4 mos. It was still ok, but fading a little in some spots. I`ve tried just about every trim product out there and nothing beats Black Wow. A little pricesy but a few drops goes a long way.

Thanks for the advice; I will definately be doing that. I didn`t even notice how the metallic flakes in my paint were so dull before (they are poping right now); can only picture after jeweling the paint. Any polish I should use on my black pad or just the black pad by itself?

I will give Black WOW a try sometime too; although I have been pretty happy with back to black (minus how long it last).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fergnation
    The cars looks great. I have always loved that body style. + you did an awesome job on the detail.

I once tried to post a long C&B and lost it due to hitting some unknown button. Now I just leave it up to Todd to post the long ones. He has the nack for it.

Yeah I spent 15 minutes putting my little documentation of the detail together and when I went back to my post it asked my to login and wouldn`t let me go back... Will remember to post & edit now; haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 8Banger
    that is a SUPER wet looking car, you can def. tell on the second to last picture. sopping wet

Thanks. The car does look alot wetter in person but my camera fails to show that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work on the G, beautiful color!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Asad_A203
    Thanks for the advice; I will definately be doing that. I didn`t even notice how the metallic flakes in my paint were so dull before (they are poping right now); can only picture after jeweling the paint. Any polish I should use on my black pad or just the black pad by itself?

I will give Black WOW a try sometime too; although I have been pretty happy with back to black (minus how long it last).

Use very little polish on a clean black pad for final jeweling.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Ride, I use SG and layer that a couple times, till I finally top with P21S. Heres Mine:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefteris.
    Great work on the G, beautiful color!

Thanks; only thing I kinda miss with this paint is it hide swirls really well so you don`t notice a huge difference after polishing like with black/red/yellow. Positive thing is it looks good all the time!

Use very little polish on a clean black pad for final jeweling.

Will give this a try with some SSR 1.0 on my next detail.

Quote Originally Posted by spin117
    Nice Ride, I use SG and layer that a couple times, till I finally top with P21S.

Ah thanks for the pictures. Your G looks sweet; I really like the 06+ Euro spoiler on there (I am thinking about switching mine). I will definately be using some SG on my next detail and will hopefully get some good results.

Found some pictures after the initial polish:

^^ dusty...

I will definately need to post 50/50 on my other vehicles; haha.

Thread Information