Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TH0001
    No smoke and mirrors IMO. We are responsible for the products and the value they represent and I think everybody should be thankful of guys like Paul who demand such a high value for the work they do, it only helps the rest of us out. Now if I could only have had autogeek pimp the 3K in products I had shipped to Canada for the 30 million dollars in cars I detailed in my week stay up there (jk )

I would rather not speak about someone negatively, in the open forum. I will speak to you soon regarding this. However the person who i spoke to says different and he says that he made the smoke and mirrors happen for paul.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shine
    Todd, what do you think of FK1`s Decontamination System compared to claying? Do you prefer one over the other?

Honestly I think claying does more...

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLexus

Terrific restoration.

Muchas Gracias

Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    It`s all good.

Seriously though, not to compare anybody at all, but I don`t think I`VE SEEN any other detailer better in the world, they may be out there, but I have yet to see them.... That is just one man`s lonely opinion.:goodjob

Anyways, keep up the great work.

Josh

Thanks Josh!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think peoples fingers are frozen with pure shock and awe from the incredible job displayed in thie thread... 2,300 views and only 74 replies??? CRAZY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think you forgot a picture... The one of the owner picking up the car in total shock that he now owns a brand new ferrari. Nice job!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorCity
    I think peoples fingers are frozen with pure shock and awe from the incredible job displayed in thie thread... 2,300 views and only 74 replies??? CRAZY!!!

Over 3000 views now I think. Thanks Jason!

Quote Originally Posted by ofanger
    I think you forgot a picture... The one of the owner picking up the car in total shock that he now owns a brand new ferrari. Nice job!

LOL thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I could possibly add is that I feel my soul is linked to yours through the common bond of Diet Pepsi. I usually stock that much as well.

I`ve read through this thread a few times, have shared it with friends, and enjoyed scrolling through yet again this morning. I can`t find words to fit, so I`ll just leave my jaw on the floor and go back to work. Thank you!
    Cogito Ergo Idiot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom
    The only thing I could possibly add is that I feel my soul is linked to yours through the common bond of Diet Pepsi. I usually stock that much as well.

I`ve read through this thread a few times, have shared it with friends, and enjoyed scrolling through yet again this morning. I can`t find words to fit, so I`ll just leave my jaw on the floor and go back to work. Thank you!

Thanks a million Vroom Vroom. My parents are actually the Diet Pepsi drinkers as I borrowed there garage for this detail (they live in Tampa where the client is from). My garage in Orlando is filled with Diet Dr. Pepper!

Thanks for the kind words, seriously, they mean a lot and help keep me motivated!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, great job

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ap716
    wow, great job

Thanks AP!!

Post Thanks / Like
    attention to detail is second to none. 3000 views and a handful, comparativly speaking, of replys, shame on them, anyone who appreciates top notch detailing should have replied to this thread, well i guess theres roughly 75 not counting yours, that do. outstandind work and kudos to eric and angelo.:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was a pleasure to be there, the Ferrari was looking IMO better looking than it was at the dealer when it was first brought. Thanks blucpe for the comment and it`s always a pleasure to be working with these awesome folks!:xyxthumbs
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    great team work TH0001

it is so important to have good help !

excellent job...

BE SAFE WITH THE COMING STORM.

Post Thanks / Like
    As a new person to detailing, I found the videos quite valuable. One thing I was hoping to understand in one of your videos is why you rev up and rev down the polisher. I think you were trying to explain it but the noise from the polisher was so loud in that video that I couldn`t understand anything you were saying. Could you summarize the key points that you were trying to get across?

Wonderful job, thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    attention to detail is second to none. 3000 views and a handful, comparativly speaking, of replys, shame on them, anyone who appreciates top notch detailing should have replied to this thread, well i guess theres roughly 75 not counting yours, that do. outstandind work and kudos to eric and angelo.:xyxthumbs:xyxthumbs

Thank you Ron for the compliments!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5
    It was a pleasure to be there, the Ferrari was looking IMO better looking than it was at the dealer when it was first brought. Thanks blucpe for the comment and it`s always a pleasure to be working with these awesome folks!:xyxthumbs

Again Angelo I cannot say how much your help meant to Brain and I. Thank YOU again!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.R.D
    great team work TH0001

it is so important to have good help !

excellent job...

BE SAFE WITH THE COMING STORM.

Thanks Avi!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegeX
    As a new person to detailing, I found the videos quite valuable. One thing I was hoping to understand in one of your videos is why you rev up and rev down the polisher. I think you were trying to explain it but the noise from the polisher was so loud in that video that I couldn`t understand anything you were saying. Could you summarize the key points that you were trying to get across?

Wonderful job, thanks for sharing.

Which video are you referring? I believe I was basically reinforcing the fact that inspection (true inspection) requires cleaning the paint of all the polishing oils after every step so you can see the true condition of the paint. Also, all polishes break down at different rates depending on the paint type, pad type, etc... so the RPM can be used to manipulate the rate of fracture to squeeze the last ounce of defect removal or gloss (depending on your goal at that time)from the paint itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Which video are you referring? I believe I was basically reinforcing the fact that inspection (true inspection) requires cleaning the paint of all the polishing oils after every step so you can see the true condition of the paint.

This video --> http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=s9zBih8zltA from about 1:20 onward.

From what I understand, certain (all?) polishes contain various amounts of oils that can fill the scratches and give you a false sense of accomplishment. And thus you`re saying its important to clean these oils off after you do your correction to get an accurate gauge of the work you did, does this sound correct? What product does one use to remove the oils? Will my PH-neutral car soap do the trick or do I need something more specialized?

Also, all polishes break down at different rates depending on the paint type, pad type, etc... so the RPM can be used to manipulate the rate of fracture to squeeze the last ounce of defect removal or gloss (depending on your goal at that time)from the paint itself.

From listening to the pitch of the polisher, it sounds like you did a bell curve as far as RPM`s go. That is you started low, ramped up to a high speed and then ramped down again as you neared the end. So the ramp down at the end is to slow the rate of fracture of the polish to get more useful life out of it? Does this principle apply to DA and rotary alike?

Also, as far as instructional videos are concerned, if these videos are any indication I think you would do a great job and it would be extremely helpful for newbs like me and experts alike.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information