Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, I took delivery on my new 2008 Belize Blue Pearl Honda Accord EX-L V6 with black leather. I scored it $300.00 below invoice including Destination and had them throw in all weather mats to seal the deal. I tried to negotiate out the Documentation Fee but he wouldn’t budge so the floor mats freebie helped to offset that. I used the Internet to negotiate my best price and then went in to one dealer in person and he beat it.

I had two requests that had to be met. You guessed it! No dealer prep and no dealer decals. They swapped cars with a dealer in New York State. Apparently it was one of only eight available in this color combination in NJ, NY and CT (Tri-State Area as it is known as here). I received it at the dealer complete with plastic wrap and interior protection. I removed the wrapping at the dealer and took out the interior protection at home.

I’ve received tons of compliments from strangers and it’s a total blast to drive with the 268 HP, 18†wheels and 234/45 tires. There is a lot of car for the money. It is chock full of features and amenities. I think Honda really hit a home run with this one. It certainly isn’t a traditional Accord.

Enough of my babble, here was my full detail for the exterior. The interior will be worked on next week some time.

Wheels cleaned with P21s and tires cleaned with Auto Magic 777 4:1 dilution

Two bucket method with foam gun and Sheepskin of Meguiars #62 Soap (the BEST soap ever!)

FK Decon system with plush MF’s and claying (removed wrapping residue)

Re-Wash with Meguiars #62 and MF mitt

Examine surface for marring – barely any except on trunk deck where residue was heavy

Polish with 50/50 mixture of FPII and discontinued 3M Machine Glaze 05397 and white

LC polish pad using PC speeds 5 and 6

VM with white LC polish pad using PC speed 6 and FK 425 wipe down to remove

RMG with black LC pad using PC speed 5 and FK 425 wipe down to remove

old skool Blitz paste spit shined with FK 425 wipe down to remove

Finished off with DG Aqua Wax for good measure

Wheels received IW 845 with tires coated in Meguiars Endurance Gel

Windows received the Aqua Wax wipe down

Tail pipes received Meguiars Metal Polish

I’m strictly a carnauba guy. I was concerned that the heavy flake would be muted but in the sun, it’s very noticeable. The color is amazing. It really changes depending on the lighting. It goes from a royal blue to an electric / iridescent blue to a flake filled blue all depending on the light. I *really* wanted this color instead of the traditional silver, black, red or white.

These are pics taken in the sun and shade as the clouds past. I had the camera set to AUTO. I’m not a great picture taker. Just a snap and shoot.

Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Seth..great looking car..love the paint color.....you did a great job on bringing the paint up a few notches...I like the look of the combo you used..the Blitz looks real nice

AL
    2004 Ford Ranger 4x4
    Bright Red
    My PitBull Rides Shotgun

AJ Auto Detail, LLC
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice job

congrads on the new ride!
    AJ Auto Detail, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome! Congrats!
    Phoenix & Scottsdale Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet color. I love the picture with the clouds reflecting off the trunk.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a nice little car, congrats! Wish I had one of those right now with the fuel being so expensive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice job and nice car. The color look electric!!!!
    2007 Acura TL WDP

2003 Acura MDX MBP

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...the paint work looks amazing especially the few shots with the reflection of the clouds. Congrats on your new ride .

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the car Seth! This has to be the sexiest Accord yet! I`m not so sure about the front grille though, too much bling (chrome) IMO. Great detail!
    Devil Pad

Professional Automotive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrads on the car. That color is beautiful and you made it look even better :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice car, my neighbor has a black one.
    You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, `Wow, you`re right! I never would`ve thought of that!`

Post Thanks / Like
    congrats on a beautiful car! the more i see those the more i want one *jealous* , and not to mention.... "It`s A Honda"

Post Thanks / Like
    really nice car. I was thinking about getting one... in BLUE (after I saw yours)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the compliments guys. The blue is definitely a sweet color. It is chock full of flake and shows really well. The pictures don`t capture the "electricness" of the paint. My friend looked at it and said "how Fast and Furious." That`s not what I was looking for!

I was going to go with DuraGloss 111 instead of the carnauba paste, but I just love the feel of putting a paste on as a LSP. I`ll have plenty of time to play with combinations.

It has what they call VCM (Variable Cylinder Management). It uses the i-VTEC system to disable one bank of cylinders during specific driving conditions to save fuel. When it kicks in, a little green idiot light displays "ECO" on the the dash (sort of annoying). It also comes with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and Active Control Engine Mount (ACM) system which work in cooperation to cancel both noise and vibration that could occur in relation to the cylinder deactivation process.

If I have one complaint, and its the only complaint; THE TIRES SUCK! You figure with 18`s wearing 235/45`s it would come delivered with all season high performance tires. Instead, it has boring touring tires (horrid reviews on Tire Rack). I haven`t been happy with them. But given the tire size and suspension, it hugs turns beautifully.

Sorry about the dirty interior on the floor boards. I`ll have it cleaned up with a nice matte finish and leather protection.

Thanks again guys!
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    seth, also check out 8thAccord.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information