Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    A real adventure with a great result! Those painted seat backs are such a cool touch.

I`ve been using Leatherique to try to resurrect my 20 yr-old Benz leather seats in the 560SL. All of the other leather in the car is now nice and supple, but the seats are still rock hard after several applications (over a period of months) I`m hoping this summer to have some prolonged "cooking" sessions out in the sun. I noticed that when doing the cleaning process with the Prestine Clean that the white cloths I use have some blue on them, which is the seat color. I really believe in the product, but these old neglected seats will take a while!

Post Thanks / Like
    karburn- FWIW, the seat leather in my family`s `80s Benzes was always pretty hard when they were new and it stayed that way the whole time we drove Benzes :nixweiss The other interior leather was pretty soft (by comparison) in those too.

And my `87 shed blue dye now and then also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d really like some sun pics of those areas around seams that were taped, after you polished them.

Interesting technique.

I would have thought it would be quite noticeable, since correction would be minimal with them light polish on those areas while the rest of the car receives full correction.

Regardless, I love those seat backs!!! I`m going to show this to one of my clients! I had to clear a bunch of scuffs from his seat backs, and they look great now - but boy what a suggestion it would be for him to have that on his black car. Gorgeous!

Without a doubt, Porsche paint is my favorite paint to work with, new as well as old.

I`ll be working on a black 928 soon with some serious swirls. (Mom`s car! Delayed mother`s day present... ) I`ll keep you guys informed.
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    I`d really like some sun pics of those areas around seams that were taped, after you polished them.

Interesting technique.

I would have thought it would be quite noticeable, since correction would be minimal with them light polish on those areas while the rest of the car receives full correction.

Sorry, but there was nothing noticable at all in the areas of where the tape was.

Even with the sun shots, you can not see any 1/2 inch size swirls along the seems....... why? because they are not there, they`ve been removed.

After the final polish, I also went over it with ZAIO and Z5 x 2 and on SS paint that will still do a small level of correction.

You think I would actually give back a car with noticable swirls or any kinds of defects after what I charged for this detail?

Seriously guys, come on, you`re killing me with all the tape-1/2swirls questions....
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshVette
    Sorry, but there was nothing noticable at all in the areas of where the tape was.

Even with the sun shots, you can not see any 1/2 inch size swirls along the seems....... why? because they are not there, they`ve been removed.

After the final polish, I also went over it with ZAIO and Z5 x 2 and on SS paint that will still do a small level of correction.

You think I would actually give back a car with noticable swirls or any kinds of defects after what I charged for this detail?

Seriously guys, come on, you`re killing me with all the tape-1/2swirls questions....

It`s just weird! Don`t blame us! :LOLOL

Curious!

Also, maybe I missed where you said how much you charged.

I`d be curious about that on a car with oxidation concentrated along the door seams like my car does, oxidation that would require compounding... Hmm, photo opportunity. I may put it to the test, just to try it out
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s just weird! Don`t blame us! :LOLOL

Curious!

Also, maybe I missed where you said how much you charged.

I`d be curious about that on a car with oxidation concentrated along the door seams like my car does, oxidation that would require compounding... Hmm, photo opportunity. I may put it to the test, just to try it out

I don`t typically say what I charge publicly. Personally I don`t see how it`s relavent and don`t feel it`s the most professional either.

Do you ask your doctor how much he makes?? why not?:tumblewee

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t typically say what I charge publicly. Personally I don`t see how it`s relavent and don`t feel it`s the most professional either.

Do you ask your doctor how much he makes?? why not?:tumblewee

Oh I know, neither do I.

:cooleek:

I`m calling you out on it.

If you don`t want to share, don`t gloat.

You think I would actually give back a car with noticable swirls or any kinds of defects after what I charged for this detail?"rofl" Rolleyes"

I mean, "How could you question me, for how much I charge. *rolls eyes*"

Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I know, neither do I.

:cooleek:

I`m calling you out on it.

If you don`t want to share, don`t gloat.

I mean, "How could you question me, for how much I charge. *rolls eyes*"

When you post some work maybe 1/5th of the caliber that Josh has, maybe, just maybe, you can post comments like this. Until then, I`d quit while I was behind if I were you. You are outgunned.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez
    When you post some work maybe 1/5th of the caliber that Josh has, maybe, just maybe, you can post comments like this. Until then, I`d quit while I was behind if I were you. You are outgunned.

Nothing to do with ability, I`d expect somebody to call me out on it if I was gloating about something, but know it`s not right to discussing it.

This guy`s a great detailer. I have no quarrel with you, and I don`t feel I need to validate the quality of my work. Even though it has no place or relevance in this thread for comparison. I`m not going to start posting pictures and explaining myself to you, that`s no way to compare ability anyways, that`s just bragging to no end without proving anything, you know this.

Good to know people stick up to their friends, but what you said has nothing to do with the comment I made, which wasn`t personal, and you made a personal attack on me which is offensive. (On an internet forum of all places) If you`re going to attack my character, be sure you make sure the person you`re attacking deserves it.

Again, it has nothing to do with ability. If nobody wants to talk about price, which I don`t think it`s a good idea, they shouldn`t gloat about it and then fall under that same double standard. It`s a simple error on his part, I don`t even mean any disrespect for the guy.
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles, I`m not quite sure what your issue is but you have no business call me names like Elitest Snob...... totally uncool. :nixweiss

You made the comment basically that I missed some areas that were taped off and then went as far as to asked for pics of those areas as if I screwed up and wasn`t showing pics of it or something.

If I was gloating about the price then you and everyone else would know exactly how much it costs, but I haven`t said anything other then it was an expensive detail in which I make sure every little minute aspect of the car is properly taken care of including under the taped seems and such. I do not have anything to prove to you or anyone else, I simple posted pics of this detail as an informative piece of work, nothing else.

If you want to know the cost of it, you can PM me like other`s have. Some people have enough respect to PM these private kinds of questions.

BTW, don`t start talking about personal attacks after you call me an Elitest Snob Detailer..... not cool, I did nothing to deserve that kind of treatment.

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by G35stilez

Stilez, thanks for sticking up for me. I`m not sure what this guys problem is. He appearantly thinks I`m gloating about the cost of the detail. Don`t let him get to you, it`s just a stupid picture thread of a Porsche......

I appologize if I came accross that as gloating, not sure how it would seem that way though, it was not my intentions. My intentions were to only show that I double check everything on a detail like that so there`s no issues the owner will find.

I never say what I charge publicly unless it`s some "pricing" thread were people are trying to get ideas of what to charge....

Thanks,

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    Man! so much hostility! haha

MAN I WANT TO WORK ON A PORSCHE LIKE THIS(!) haha. Maybe ile have my opportunity. Im going to a PCA meeting tonight to advertise in the local magazine. 125 dollars for the whole year! Thats 12 magazines. 1/2 page.... Im hoping ile get some business out of this and i think i will (hopefully).

GREAT WORK AGAIN MAN! You can hang with the best! I hope one day i can be as good as you! And THEN i hope no1 attacks me for being the amazing detailer that i am.
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Stilez, thanks for sticking up for me. I`m not sure what this guys problem is. He appearantly thinks I`m gloating about the cost of the detail. Don`t let him get to you, it`s just a stupid picture thread of a Porsche......

I appologize if I came accross that as gloating, not sure how it would seem that way though, it was not my intentions. My intentions were to only show that I double check everything on a detail like that so there`s no issues the owner will find.

I never say what I charge publicly unless it`s some "pricing" thread were people are trying to get ideas of what to charge....

Thanks,

Josh

PM:

Charles,

What is your problem?

I was not gloating about anything or the cost of that detail, you just came out and started questioning things that had already been talked about if you read the thread then you`d know that.

I don`t care what you think about me, I know the truth about myself and my attitude and have nothing to prove to you or anyone else.

I made that comment about it being an expensive detail so you`d know I thought of every little thing before I gave it back to the owner not to brag. If I was bragging I would have said how much it costs, but I don`t do that.

You own me a public appology which I doubt you`ll man up too.

I did nothing to deserve the way you treated me.

Kind regards.

Josh

I don`t say my price either, (hence the point you made referencing a doctor.) so I made my point by calling out a double standard.

"I don`t care what you think about me, I know the truth about myself and my attitude and have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. "

I apologize if I came off as hostile, no ifs ands or buts. I`m not going to explain it any further. Trying to explain myself is rude when trying to genuinely apologize.

"What is your problem?"

"I doubt you`ll man up too"

Don`t say things like that, it`s confrontational and won`t get anybody to apologize.

Regardless of the PM, I will be "man enough" and apologize. :hifive:
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    PM:

I don`t say my price either, (hence the point you made referencing a doctor.) so I made my point by calling out a double standard.

"I don`t care what you think about me, I know the truth about myself and my attitude and have nothing to prove to you or anyone else. "

I apologize if I came off as hostile, no ifs ands or buts. I`m not going to explain it any further. Trying to explain myself is rude when trying to genuinely apologize.

"What is your problem?"

"I doubt you`ll man up too"

Don`t say things like that, it`s confrontational and won`t get anybody to apologize.

Regardless of the PM, I will be "man enough" and apologize. :hifive:

Charles, I appreciate the appology, I honestly didn`t think you would, a lot of people don`t have the integrity to admit when they`re wrong.

About the doctor thing, I just don`t see what double standard you are refering too, I have yet to say my pricing or costs on that detail?? Please PM me with what you think was the double standard, I`m not here to argue, just want to be sure I don`t come accross the wrong way in the future. I`m sure we can both be mature about this misunderstanding....

Thanks,

Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    So...

How much did this cost exactly? :geez

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information