Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job on every car. That is the wettest I`ve ever seen white!

Post Thanks / Like
    great job on the cars, especially on the saleen. It looks like a beast!
    -Sam

Serving Northern California (East Bay) from

San Francisco, Berkeley, to San Jose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the others on that white Mustang - simply amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clean Dean
    Nice work Scott !!! That Saleen looks incredible !!!

X2!

Inredible!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott ,you get white more like liquid glass than anyone! Everytime you do a white car, I want to buy one!!!!!! EXcellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great work Scott!

Nice looking Stang!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott, since you add Ultrafina to your arsenal, what do you find yourself using Ultrafina in place of most often? Poli-Seal? Pink Moose? In other words, now that you use Ultrafina, what would you have used in the past in those cases?

Post Thanks / Like
    STUNNING work.......the owner of the Saleen should be ashamed of themselves for not properly taking care of the paint.
    I Don`t Know Karate.....But I Know KRAAZZY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bert31
    Scott, since you add Ultrafina to your arsenal, what do you find yourself using Ultrafina in place of most often? Poli-Seal? Pink Moose? In other words, now that you use Ultrafina, what would you have used in the past in those cases?

I mostly use it as a base for carnaubas, so it is replacing RMG/VM or whatever blend I am messing around with currently. On cars that don`t need any real polishing or more depth, I`ll still use RMG.

Saleenman-read the thread again, it was the bodyshop who did that to the hood, not my client. He had the car pretty clean to begin with. Always does, too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Business as usual Scott, they look great!
    Brad

1998 Civic Si - black - the gas pumps don`t hurt as bad!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    I mostly use it as a base for carnaubas, so it is replacing RMG/VM or whatever blend I am messing around with currently. On cars that don`t need any real polishing or more depth, I`ll still use RMG.

Saleenman-read the thread again, it was the bodyshop who did that to the hood, not my client. He had the car pretty clean to begin with. Always does, too.

I stand corrected......carry on
    I Don`t Know Karate.....But I Know KRAAZZY!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Solid work as always Scott. That Mustang Saleen is one heck of a ride - just not sure I like the white wheels - that car cries for chrome wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great turnaround!

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

Have you ever tried going from M105 to PoliSeal or is that to much of a jump in abrasiveness?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    2003 Volkswagen Passet. Polished it out in mid December on a cloudy, cold day. The car had some tough rotary swirls (body shop) and some equally tough spider swirls. The sun was supposed to come out, so I didn`t bring any lights with me. Big mistake. I`d only been using the rotary a few weeks and only had an LED flashlight to check my work. Plus, I hadn`t yet added 3M Ultrafina to my arsenal. I had missed some of the body shop swirls and/or put in a few of my own I didn`t remove. The owner of the car has some washing issues as well (which we discussed-mostly running towels over dry paint, rubbing dry paint with dry towels to remove water sports, etc) so there was some spider swirling too.

The car sits out 24/7, we got a lot of rain this winter as well but Clearkote`s Carnauba Moose held up very well. No ONR helping it either, he washes the car at the local coin-op, using his own car wash soap. At just past the 3 month point (I did the car again in late March), the paint still looked deep and wet and by the water/pollen spots from the rain the day before, it was obviously beading nicely too. Here it is, just after washing:

Up close though...

After using Meguiars #83 with a Meguiars foam polishing pad at 1400 rpm, finishing at 1000 rpm on the middle section of the hood:

After polishing the other side, I noticed some very minute holograms had shown up as the oils in #83 evaporated on the black paint in upper 70`s temperatures.

I went over the hood with 3M Ultrafina and the blue UF pad at 1000-1800-1000 rpms. You can see some streaking from wiping it off in the first picture, but after doing the whole car after finishing the hood, the streaks disappeared as the oils evaporated but the hood remained hologram free...and this was a good 2 hours later (which negated any chance of matching after shots, the sun`s angle changed so much!), while minor holograms showed up within 5 minutes with #83.

Real hard to capture swirls with the angle of sun but I think you can see them in this before and after (after being #83):

Both I and the owner were very pleased with the performance of CMW over the winter months, so I used it again to finish out the car.

Can you find out where this guy got his front grill, and his lowering springs for me? I am trying to get a passat and I love his car! BTW great job!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information