Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys! I had some free time this weekend and was able to get my personal car cleaned up. I did a big two step a little while ago so this time it only needed a light polish to bring back the shine. Enjoy the pictures and as always, any comments are welcome!

I took care of the interior on Friday night. I didn`t take any pictures of it because it wasn`t that dirty. I shampooed and vacuumed the carpets and mats using 409 carpet cleaner (which is great by the way) and a shop vac. The plastics and vinyl were treated with 303 and the seats received a wipe down of Lexol conditioner. The windows were treated with Stoner`s Invisble Glass both inside and out.

My process for the exterior was as follows:

Wheels and tires:

P21S Wheel Gel

Uber Spoke brush

Swissvax-like brush

MF mitt

Optimum Opti-Bond

Wash:

Pre-rinse to remove any loose contaminants

Foamed with Dawn and let sit for about 3-5 minutes

2BM with Pinnacle shampoo

Home Depot grout sponge

Dried with PakShak WW drying towels

Clay:

Mother`s yellow clay

ONR as lube

Paint:

Dewalt 849

LC backing plate

LC Blue 5.5" CCS pad

3M Ultrafine Finishing Polish

CG Premium MF

LSP:

Poorboy`s World Natty`s Blue Paste

Onto the pictures!!

Here are what my wheels looked like before and after the cleaning. They were a mess. I was able to use the Uber spoke brush to reach back into the barrel, but I also followed that up with a scrub down using a MF towel as I`m able to reach my hand all the way to the back.

Here is P21S Gel just dwelling for a little bit:

The Uber spoke brush is probably the nicest wheel brush I`ve used. Now I haven`t used the EZ Detail brush, but for under $10, the Uber is hard to beat.

After:

Here are a few before pictures of just how dirty my car was.

Next up was to rinse and foam the car. For this I used a healthy dose of Dawn and let sit for 3-5 minutes to loosen up as much contaminants as possible.

I then washed using the 2BM with a Home Depot grout sponge and Pinnacle shampoo. I then brought it into the garage to clay with Mother`s yellow clay and ONR as lube. Here is what the clay looked like after my hood.

I was planning on doing a two step using M205 as well, but after inspection, I decided that my paint was in amazing condition and two steps wasn`t needed. I don`t have any during or 50/50 shots because this wasn`t a correction detail. I just needed to bring back the gloss that my paint had a few months ago.

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are all the after shots of just using 3M Ultrafine polish and a 5.5" Blue LC CCS pad using the Dewalt 849 at 1500 RPMs, and after a coat of Poorboy`s Work Natty`s Blue paste wax.

I apologize in advance for the bad quality sun shots. It was overcast and the sun was just not cooperating. I even planned on getting a few today, but it`s just not sunny out.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my detail! I think it`s kind of nice knowing that I really won`t have to ever do a big correction again because I`m able to maintain the finish with proper washing techniques. Any comments or questions are welcome!!

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an update, of course after I posted these up and went to lunch, the sun came out. I snapped a few sun shots.

That is a strand of dog hair from sitting in the garage overnight...not a scratch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very, very nice!!! :2thumbs:

Mind if I ask where you got your Swissvax-like brush at?

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vista_Stang
    Very, very nice!!! :2thumbs:

Mind if I ask where you got your Swissvax-like brush at?

Thanks! I got the brush at Michael`s. It wasn`t in the brush isle either; I had to search for it. They were like $2.95 and my fiancee had a coupon so they were even cheaper. I ended up getting 3 of them. I`ve never had any problem with it and all of the bristles are still there lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Get rid of the dog! Nice car BTW......
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great Josh! That color red always looks great with a fresh polish and coat of Natty`s. Do you have a tune/software on the Cobalt? Local guy here in Jax does some custom tuning and has gotten some great feedback on Cobalt SS/SC guys.

Wax-a-holic
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Get rid of the dog! Nice car BTW......

I could never get rid of the puppy lol. I may just give it a slight buzz cut haha.

Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis
    Looks great Josh! That color red always looks great with a fresh polish and coat of Natty`s. Do you have a tune/software on the Cobalt? Local guy here in Jax does some custom tuning and has gotten some great feedback on Cobalt SS/SC guys.

Thanks bud! It`s completely stock. I`ve heard great things about tunes, but I don`t race it. I would like it to be faster, but I don`t want to spend the money just to create more problems down the road....or at least from what I`ve heard from people modding their cars...they could be wrong though.

Thread Information