Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all,

I have been detailing cars for over 20 years. Mostly for fun or for family and friends. Never for money.

Recently I decided to start a part-time business detailing cars. This was my first.

I definately learned a lot about what I had and didn`t have......Both in skill and materials

It took me almost 12 hours. Most of my time was spent on the interior. It was trashed. The car only had 40,000 miles on it. The clear coat and paint were in pretty good condition even though it had not been washed since they got the car.

Here is a breakdown of what I used:

Wheels & Wheel Wells

Amazing Roll Off -- tires and wheel wells

Meguiar`s Wheel Brightner -- wheels

Meguiar`s Hyper Dressing -- tires (light coat)

Griot`s Undercarriage Spray -- wheel wells

Wash

Dawn Dishwashing Soap

Engine

Amazing Roll Off

Dressed with 303 Aerospace Protectant

Carpets & Upholstery

Folex -- spot treatment

Woolite 10:1 -- Cleaning

Bissell

Interior and Door Jams

Meguiar`s APC+ 4:1

Plastic treated with 303

Odoban (smell on inside of car)

Alcohol & Water 50/50 for windows

Also treated all of the rubber seals with 303

Paint

Meguiars 205 w/Orange CCS pad -- 2 coats

Klasse AIO w/White CCS pad -- 2 coats

Collinite 845 w/Grey CCS pad -- 2 coats

Black Plastic on trunk

I tried everything to bring it back. I ended up having to use Black Wow. I know it won`t last for very long, but at least it looks good. (any ideas would be great.) Just so you know I tried "Showroom", Forever Black, Klasse AIO, and 303.

BEFORE PICTURES:

AFTER PHOTOS

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE..... give me any advice you have on techniques, products, pictures, anything! Thank you for looking! Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry ........ I meant "they"

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a pretty good turnaround on a piggy vehicle. Good product selection, good results. I`m surprised you got it done in only 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy
    Black Plastic on trunk

I tried everything to bring it back. I ended up having to use Black Wow. I know it won`t last for very long, but at least it looks good. (any ideas would be great.) Just so you know I tried "Showroom", Forever Black, Klasse AIO, and 303.

Not sure what you mean by "trunk". The only black plastic I see is the cowling under the wipers. Black Wow can surprise you with it`s longevity. I`ve had superb results with mutiple applications. Best results when the material you`re trying to restore is absolutely clean. BW seems to get better after a wash so I give it a light wash between applications. Not as easy to do with a one-shot detail as it is with something that`s sitting in your garage. It`s still my go-to for distressed pebble-grain black. I`ve heard good things about PB`s Trim Restorer but haven`t used it personally.

:goodjob

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks much better than before.. no doubt about it...

How in the world do people let their cars get THIS nasty inside? Mine is never crystal clean, but geez, the seats in this were disgusting...

Maybe it`s just me, but I don`t see how people let their vehicles get this bad.. OTOH, it`s good they do or there`d be no need for people like is... LOL
    New guy looking for tips and tricks of the trade. Considering opening mobile detailing biz on the side..... Where better to learn that Autopia?

Post Thanks / Like
    how much did you chage for this nice detail?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TLMitchell
    Looks like a pretty good turnaround on a piggy vehicle. Good product selection, good results. I`m surprised you got it done in only 12 hours.

Not sure what you mean by "trunk". The only black plastic I see is the cowling under the wipers. Black Wow can surprise you with it`s longevity. I`ve had superb results with mutiple applications. Best results when the material you`re trying to restore is absolutely clean. BW seems to get better after a wash so I give it a light wash between applications. Not as easy to do with a one-shot detail as it is with something that`s sitting in your garage. It`s still my go-to for distressed pebble-grain black. I`ve heard good things about PB`s Trim Restorer but haven`t used it personally.

:goodjob

TL

Thank you! The "trunk" part was this long plastic piece that sat on top of the rear bumper to protect it while you load the trunk. It was completely oxidized. I have not tried the poor boys stuff either. I have a 99 4runner with the same problem. I don`t know how to fix the oxidized trim. That is why I have so many products to use. :chuckle: Thank you for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    not a bad job..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrufast
    Looks much better than before.. no doubt about it...

How in the world do people let their cars get THIS nasty inside? Mine is never crystal clean, but geez, the seats in this were disgusting...

Maybe it`s just me, but I don`t see how people let their vehicles get this bad.. OTOH, it`s good they do or there`d be no need for people like is... LOL

It was sooooo bad! :soscared: I couldn`t believe it. I was just glad the outside was in fairly good shape...... I don`t get it either

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sacdetailing
    how much did you chage for this nice detail?

I did not know how much to charge, or how much I will charge. How much are you supposed to charge? :nixweiss

She paid me $250. Too much? Too little????

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by twisted007
    not a bad job..

Thank you!! :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not know how much to charge, or how much I will charge. How much are you supposed to charge? :nixweiss

wow thats actually pretty damn good

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you! The "trunk" part was this long plastic piece that sat on top of the rear bumper to protect it while you load the trunk. It was completely oxidized. I have not tried the poor boys stuff either. I have a 99 4runner with the same problem. I don`t know how to fix the oxidized trim. That is why I have so many products to use. :chuckle: Thank you for the help!

there`s a few threads regarding use of a heat gun on the trim. here`s a couple of them http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-detailer.html http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...-plastics.html
    Calvin

`05 Mustang GT

`09 Xterra

Post Thanks / Like
    nice job. I`m not sure how people can get there cars to get that bad. I like the lettuce in cup holders.

Post Thanks / Like

Incredible job! Reminds me of my first pro gig. a trashed BMW 3 series. look like it had been off roaded and the interior was smoked in like 2 packs a day with ash EVERYWHERE. Time spent on it was agonizing and i left there saying "i need this...and this...and this....and to learn how to do this...."

two little! $350 minimum-that was a BIG truck!!!

Did you polish the paint by hand? take that $250 and GET A FLEX 3401!

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rescuenut10
    nice job. I`m not sure how people can get there cars to get that bad. I like the lettuce in cup holders.

it`s a chick thing, i can attest to that. My wife`s cars have allways been ill kept.

<span style="color:#000000;">jaison tortorea, ts</span><span style="color:#ff33cc;">|</span><span style="color:#000000;">s Detailing</span>
    <span style="font-size:12px;">Cincinnati Car Detailing
    Cincinnati Clear Bra</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Car Detailing</span></p>

<span style="font-size:12px;">Northern KY Clear Bra</span>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information