Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Super Wet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beachwolverine
    Detaildoc,

I have an identical ES and I`ve been using UPGP since it was new about 6 months ago. Based on your pictures, I put a coat of DWG on and topped with UPGP and it looks great - thanks for your post.

To all those who think UPGP is expensive, you could not be more wrong. I`ve put 6-7 coats on my ES over the past 6 months and the bottle still appears full. Hard to tell exactly how many uses you would get from a bottle, but its got to at least 60 to 70 and maybe even 100. I don`t think twice about putting on a coat after a wash - not only is it cheap, it is quick and easy. I know KnucleBuckett has said all this - but it true, true, true.

BW

You`re welcome! I absolutely agree with you. I have probably applied a total of 40 layers on several vehicles now and the bottle is still pretty full.

Post Thanks / Like
    loooks good.
    Supreme Clean Automotive Detailing, LLC

Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detaildoc
    The back windows have dark tint, but I went medium in the front for better visibility at night, especially since my wife drives it sometimes.

medium is good, that`s what i have on mind

I will post some pics this weekend.

:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok Ok, I think this thread pushed me over the edge, I`m buying DWG tonight!!

Great job Doc! :cheers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wren
    Ok Ok, I think this thread pushed me over the edge, I`m buying DWG tonight!!

Great job Doc! :cheers
    :chuckle: Sweet! You won`t regret it. Post some pics when you`re done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used UPGP today for the first time. I was sure I had used WAY too much of the sample that I have. I barely used any and I swore I was wasting the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    Sweet! trust me, in the summer you`ll be glad that you did and not to mention it looks better and more uniformed since your other windows are tinted as well :2thumbs: . let`s see pics please!
    Here are a couple of pics with the front windows already tinted. The car was already really dusty and dirty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks much better with the tinted windows.
    Converted over to ONR & now Lowes grout sponge. Protected by 3M clear bra, and one layer of Zaino is all you need!

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t mean to steal this thread, but how do you apply DWG? Do you just wipe it on and let it haze and then wipe it off or do you wipe until clear? Someone mentioned burnishing the glaze with a pc until all haze is gone. Anyone tried this approach?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    Don`t mean to steal this thread, but how do you apply DWG? Do you just wipe it on and let it haze and then wipe it off or do you wipe until clear? Someone mentioned burnishing the glaze with a pc until all haze is gone. Anyone tried this approach?

I always apply via UDM with a blue pad. This ensures a more even spread and you use less product. I always do the whole car and after I am done I buff it off with a MF. I wouldn`t say that I burnish it till all the haze is gone, but when using the UDM, a lot of it does clear up, leaving very little to buff off.

Post Thanks / Like
    I always apply via UDM with a blue pad. This ensures a more even spread and you use less product. I always do the whole car and after I am done I buff it off with a MF. I wouldn`t say that I burnish it till all the haze is gone, but when using the UDM, a lot of it does clear up, leaving very little to buff off.

Thanks Doc, I`ll try to apply with a pc next time. Just got a 5.5" red ccs pad to try out.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, after much procrastinating, I just ordered some DWG from Bob! Going to be the most expensive glaze in th world by the time it gets to me but I hope it will be worth it

Already done multiple layers of UPGP on 1 car, and have 1 more to polish and top later in the month, so this should be just perfect.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpikle
    OK, after much procrastinating, I just ordered some DWG from Bob! Going to be the most expensive glaze in th world by the time it gets to me but I hope it will be worth it

Already done multiple layers of UPGP on 1 car, and have 1 more to polish and top later in the month, so this should be just perfect.....

Sweet! Let us know how you like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is what DWG and UPGP can do. First I applied 2 coats of UPGP 12 hours apart, followed by 2 coats of DWG, then one last coat of UPGP to seal in the DWG. Judge the results for yourself.

Wow. That`s wet!

Then Legacy99 follows your procedure, and comes up with this:

Ugh. I love my OS, but my addiction to trying new sealants is bound to lead me to UPGP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some liquid pics there.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread Information