Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like
    It hit $3.12 at a BP station this morining here in the middle of nowhere.

Post Thanks / Like
    used to pay over $8/gallon in the uk before i moved to new jersey now i pay $2.89 so i have to say you guys have it easy.

I really dont understand the lack of diesels in this country though i used to drive a BMW 330d and loved it the fiance had the VW GTTDI which is just as fast if not faster than the gas version.

Post Thanks / Like
    The EPA is the reason for not having diesels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me

In 2006 the 3 major gas providers made 75 BILLOIN DOLLARS in profit.

In 2007 Mobile/Exxon alone made over 40 billions. That is over $1238.00 profit a second.

I don`t think I am blaming the "traditional" terrorists.

It is greed that I think is responsible like jetset4me said above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in the UK we are paying between Ă‚£1.04 - Ă‚£1.15 per litre which equaltes about $9.50 per gallon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    In 2006 the 3 major gas providers made 75 BILLOIN DOLLARS in profit.

In 2007 Mobile/Exxon alone made over 40 billions. That is over $1238.00 profit a second.

I don`t think I am blaming the "traditional" terrorists.

It is greed that I think is responsible like jetset4me said above.
    Hey Thomas. Of course these companies are greedy to some extent; they are in business to make a profit, not loose money. Greed and profits is what drives them go out and build oil platforms in the middle of the ocean. Greed and profits also give them an incentive to be efficient and increase their profits. Are they supposed to give the gas away at a loss? Would your customers call you or I greedy for what we charge and how much profit we make? Imagine what you would be paying if you were back home. Do not take this the wrong way Thomas, just pointing out a few things.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetset4me
    The reason the car companies do not offer more diesels here, is because there is not enough of a demand for small engine diesels. If the EPA was the reason, why would they allow the huge V8 diesel engines sold by Ford, GM etc.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Cost and low sulphur requirements kill the diesel. FYI, gas was $2.99 here two weeks ago and is now $3.37. Someone just got up, scratched their a$$ and said let`s raise the gas again. Absolutely, no reason whatsoever. For every cent gas goes up 1 billion dollars is taken out of the economy. It`s time for the coal to oil conversion to begin. I got this on another forum:

Good write up from someone that owns a wholesale dealer for Chevron:

"As to the cost of refining and delivering diesel fuel. Diesel fuel costs the exact same amount per gallon to transport via pipeline or tanker as does regular gasoline so this is not a factor. Diesel fuel actually costs less to refine than gasoline so in a free market it would be cheaper than unleaded regular. Politicians (primarily but not exclusively left-wing Democrats) and environmentalist wackos have destroyed the free market in motor fuels in the United States and as a result have severely restricted supplies. Diesel cars and trucks have gotten a lot more popular in recent years as result of escalating fuel prices because they get better mileage. In a free market oil companies would respond by building additional refineries to produce diesel fuel. In America today, it is absolutely impossible to acquire all the permits necessary to build a motor fuel refinery (unless its ethanol). There have been no new refineries built in United States of America that produce either diesel fuel or gasoline in the last 30 years. We are now in a situation where, in addition to importing almost two thirds of the oil necessary to keep this country running, we currently import 13% of the refined gasoline and diesel that this nation consumes every day.

Diesel consumption is rising faster than gasoline consumption. Our refineries are maxed out and we are now relying on foreign countrys refineries to keep up with our demand. As long as we keep electing Democrats who keep appointing left wing judges willing to block or stop construction of new refineries because environmental groups file endless requests for environmental impact studies, we will never again build new refineries, nuclear or conventional power plants, or the updated power grids that this nation desperately needs to replace the half-century old antique grid that currently delivers electricity to all of our homes.

You think diesel is expensive today? You ain`t seen nothing yet! After four years of an Obama or Clinton presidency, you will long for the days when your electricity bills, water bills, and motor fuel prices were what they are today."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information