Post Thanks / Like
    Greetings!

I haven`t posted a Click & Brag in a while... here`s one with our new Mazda 3.

I loved the old one (`05 2.3 liter manual)

Unfortunately, we then t-boned a lady who ran a stop sign. 6 hours later, she was still 3x the legal limit. That was my first `real` accident (other than the guy backing into us at Micky D`s)... no fun at all! When we went and checked out the wrecking yard, I couldn`t help remark that the paint still looked great

(We`re okay... my wife was driving and airbag blew up in her face. I hit my head. Two teenagers in the back were seatbelted thank god and were okay as well. Wife & I still seeing Chiropractor though.)

So now instead of the purple one:

We got ourselves a black one! This is an `07, 2.0 liter automatic, found through Craigslist. (model is basic and automatic is a bit boring, but we got such a great deal we couldn`t pass it up). We were very thankful that the `05 protected us so well, so we returned the favor and got another Mazda 3.

I like driving this one as well though. It`s quite peppy, has great handling and pretty good mpg as well.

Process:

Paint:

- Some swirls... Z-PC with Blue Edge pad on PC did a great job.

- Z-AIO + Z5Pro + Z8

Tires: Z10

Interior (no pics): was already very clean... Megs Quick Interior Detailer, and Megs APC 4:1 on the floormats, wetvac with LGCM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice new car Good luck with black, you`ll need it! Its an aboslute *****

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear you`re OK. I`m a big fan of the Mazda3, great car and great price.

My only suggestion, swap your new rides wheels with your old cars wheels. :xyxthumbs

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear your OK and the family too, nice new mazda3!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel your pain...literally! I was rearended in late October and needed nearly 2 months of therapy on my back and neck. Good to hear you and your family didn`t sustain any serious injuries. Hopefully the judge will throw the book at the drunk who caused the accident. I can also attest to how well Mazdas hold up in accidents (I had a 626) and even with an estimated 30-35 mph impact which wrinkled the rear fenders, I could still open all 4 doors.

Incidentally, I drove a base 2.0 automatic Mazda3 while waiting on a check from the insurance company of the guy who hit me. Really nice car, decent handling and the 2.0 is peppier than I expected. The manual shift mode is really nice too.

Excellent job on the new car, the paint looks really good.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good man!...

IS THAT THE ALTERNATOR ON the ground under the car?! LOL!
    Daniel J Wendell

Post Thanks / Like
    Like the new car!

Those 2.3`s are pretty fun, yes. The 2.3 duratec was also used in a few ford focus models as well. (I own two!) But the 2.0 is still a great peppy motor, and bullet proof if you keep up with the maintenance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the comments

Yeah I should`ve pulled the wheels from the old car for sure! Hub cabs hurt my eyes too

I do believe that`s indeed the alternator on the ground there.

I`m glad you`re okay as well Scott. Our doors all opened as well, and the passenger compartment was completely in tact (nothing protruding into the cabin). Never knew deployed airbags would stink like that though!

Once I do a few more details this year, I`d like to get a Flex/ Rotary and use our `95 Neon for practice. We picked it up for $550 on Craigslist . It has crazy swirlage! Also I`d like to try some Moose wax for the Mazda, since I hear it`s awesome on black . If it looks better than Zaino, sign me up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently have two Mazda Protege`s in my family and I really like both of them. My daughter has an automatic and mine is a 5 spd. I`ve had a total of four Mazda`s. Two Miata`s and two Protege`s and have really liked them all. Like many manufacturers these days, Mazda has been over shadowed by the big names of Toyota and Honda but I believe that Mazda is an excellent choice as well. In fact, you get the same Japanese reliability at a much lower price. I just sold my thirty three thousand dollar 2005 Quad Cab Tundra because I couldn`t take the dashboard rattle any longer. Seven attempts later and Toyota still couldn`t fix it. They did however manage to scratch my hood and both fenders trying. They also started a water leak that filled my passenger floor with water every time it rained. Now I drive a very nice Protege that is very quick, great on gas and has NO RATTLES. I`m happier with my seven thousand dollar Mazda than I ever was with my Tundra that cost four and a half times that. Anyway, I`m glad you and the family are recovering well. Mazda is a wise choice. :2thumbs:

Patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Great shine!

I had an 04 MZ3 2.3 with the manual. My only complaint about the car was the inner hub on the rims starting to pop. Other than that, no mechanical problems at all! Pretty good gas mileage too for a car with pretty decent power and great looks for a sedan! I got compliments everywhere I went on the styling!

Thread Information