Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Thomas, don`t you usually work with a rotary though?

Post Thanks / Like
    If I correct I use the rotary, but unlike you guys down there I don`t have too many wealthy car nut clients.

If I don`t, I just use the pc which is having some trouble and needed to be replaced. Why not the flex instead of a pc?

I also apply lsp with the pc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh the Flex is nice, I have only used it once, but it`s definitely a correction maniac. It`ll heat some paint up that`s for sure, it also removed 2k grit scratches from black Ford paint with an orange pad and htec.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    Oh the Flex is nice, I have only used it once, but it`s definitely a correction maniac. It`ll heat some paint up that`s for sure, it also removed 2k grit scratches from black Ford paint with an orange pad and htec.

Good to know.

Thanks friend!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good for you, tdekany!! Cannot wait to see a detail and your comments after you have mastered the fine art with this machine. Who knows...maybe the rotary will rest for a while.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    I am also anticipating Thomas` thoughts on a full job with the Flex, namely how long it takes, I am willing to bet you can cut the pc time in half, if not more. I wouldn`t know first hand though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cwcad
    Good for you, tdekany!! Cannot wait to see a detail and your comments after you have mastered the fine art with this machine. Who knows...maybe the rotary will rest for a while.

Thanks cw!

However I doubt that the rotary will get dusty.

PS: interesting that no one is mentioning the "sunlight"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaSuperShine
    I am also anticipating Thomas` thoughts on a full job with the Flex, namely how long it takes, I am willing to bet you can cut the pc time in half, if not more. I wouldn`t know first hand though.

Both of our cars are filthy. I also have to prep a new Prius with 1 mile on the car this weekend.

If it helps me save time on non correctional jobs, I am happy.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t want to look stupid, as I had no idea what it was, that`s nice.

Portable sunlight eh? I was wondering what you were talking about in an earlier thread. What`s something like that run? I understand why you got it, the halogens aren`t enough all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Removing Swirl Marks | Tool to check for swirl marks and other auto paint imperfections

Kleen Car announces a tool to check for swirl marks and other imperfections

New Milford, NJ., December 17, 2007 - Worried about Swirl marks? Having trouble checking for swirls? Poorly lit shop? Cloudy outside? Would you like to have sunlight in your shop at all times?

We have stumbled on to the absolute perfect tool for checking a vehicle for swirl marks. Introducing the CM5300. This tool was originally introduced as a body shop color matching tool. A painter needs natural and sunlit conditions to truly match a color. However florescent lighting or any other artificial light conditions, costly mistakes can be made. Other tools and fancy flashlights have tried to duplicate sunlight but have never been 100% effective.

In this photo, the CM5300 is shown on the panel to help identify swirl marks. Where the light IS NOT shown, the panels look extremely good with zero swirls. Where the light IS shown, the panel shows some slight swirls and hazing which would need further correction and swirl removal.

As detailers we know that bright sunlight is our worst enemy sometimes. Very few cars look perfect under direct, bright sunlight. However, sometimes it’s a must for checking to make sure our paint correction work has been done and most importantly, that NO swirl marks are left behind.

We have found this machine to be THE most effective at duplicating natural sunlight. It is far superior to artificial lighting such as fluorescents, metal halide, halogen, and any other fancy flashlight that is out there. This light can be shone on ANY area of a vehicle to check for imperfections and swirl marks. You do not need to move the car outside. You do not need all kinds of special lighting in your shop (some of which will not show swirls anyway). Even if it’s sunny outside, cars cannot always be moved in and out, and that is time consuming anyway. On a cloudy day, you will never catch minor swirl marks.

We have tried all the lighting, and have all the lighting mentioned above and it still does not duplicate natural sunlight. This tool is your solution!

High color temperature 5300K duplicates natural sunlight that no other bulb can

High power- 2 bulbs 70 Watts

Large coverage area

Very lightweight- hand held

Momentary on/off switch for longer bulb life

Electric, not battery operated

1 year warranty

sunlight under any condition

Don’t let swirl marks get you ever again. This tool should be with you wherever you go!

Post Thanks / Like
    A couch invertor?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    A couch invertor?

Post Thanks / Like
    nice!! i`m def looking forward to a review on this machine, since I am contemplating one as well. Hey, did you ever get my PM about the paint meter?

Post Thanks / Like
    I gues you didn`t get my reply.

Click on the link above the same company carries the one I use.

Or this one, but this is a lot more $$$$$$ but will measure everything.

Gardco :: Positector 200 II Series

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information