Post Thanks / Like
    I am starting this thread with an idea. If the weather holds off and I am able to do this plan then I will post pics of the results. This is the plan for a 1999 Black Dodge Durango with some minor swirls (not garaged). The truck will be ONR cleaned and clayed. I am going to forego the paint correction for now (I wil not have the time), but I plan to fix in the spring. Will this procedure help to hide the swirls? I am planning to use:

• Polycharged Klasse AIO
    • Spray Polycharged Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant (Wipe Down)
    • Polycharged Klasse HGSG (x2)
    • Spray Polycharged Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant (Wipe Down after each coat)
    • Sonus Acrylic Spritz Detail Spray
    • Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax
    • Sonus Carnauba Spritz

May add a last layer of Collinite 476 to lock it all in.

If you have any thoughts, suggestions or comments that feel free to share. Otherwise please stay tuned!! I am hoping to get to the wash, clay and Klasse AIO by Sunday.

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a lot of stuff you got going on there. Im no expert but wont there be some conflict between products?

Post Thanks / Like
    wash/clay/xmt360/souveran/qd
    JC-Detail

:getdown

Post Thanks / Like
    Well from what I have looked up, there should be no conflicts, but that is why I am throwing this idea out there. Basically I am using a Zaino (ZFX) methodology with Klasse and topping it off with a premium carnauba that is fantastic with black paint.

• Polycharged Klasse AIO
    • Spray Polycharged Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant (Wipe Down)
    • Polycharged Klasse HGSG (x2)
    • Spray Polycharged Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant (Wipe Down after each coat)
    • Sonus Acrylic Spritz Detail Spray
    • Pinnacle Souverän Paste Wax
    • Sonus Carnauba Spritz QD

Zaino equivalant might be (this is just one example of many combinations):

• Z-AIO (w/ZFX)
    • Polycharged Z-6 Wipe Down
    • Z-CS Application (x1)
    • (ZZFXed)-2 (x2)
    • Polycharged Z-6 Wipe Down after each coat
    • Z-8
    • (Carnauba waxes are usually not added on top of Zaino, but can be)

People have been topping Klasse off with Carnauba waxes for awhile. The only real concern that I have is with the Collinite 476 (and I am only doing this because winter is coming). If I rmember right Collinitie 476 is not a totally optically clear wax, so it may hinder the underlying layers from showing correclty. Other than that piece I feel pretty good about this combiniation, but as always I am open to advice from my fellow autopians.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m confused??

So, are you applying one products lines designed methods with a completely different product line?

Are you sure the other product line designed to work exactly the same?

Shouldn`t this be in the Product Discussion section?
    Perfection Is In The Details

Rated one of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    So, are you applying one products lines designed methods with a completely different product line? Are you sure the other product line designed to work exactly the same?

Basically yes. As I stated earlier this is basically an experiment. I am using products that are known to be compatible (Klasse topped with a canuaraba), however I am adding a method similar to Zaino and I am adding in "QD steps" to enhance the gloss.

Shouldn`t this be in the Product Discussion section?

Maybe, if the experiment comes out bad. :nervous2:

If it comes out good, though, I would like to be able to brag about it a little bit, please.

Call it positive anticipation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Call it a product discussion thread because it is. Call it a C&B when you have pics involved.

Regardless....this doesn`t make sense. Why would you go through all the trouble of multiple products with multiple steps but not polish? Sounds ot me like your priorites might be in the wrong place (ie. LSP instead of Process). I for one wouldn`t waste Pinnnacle Souveran on an unpolished surface unless I crapped Ben Franklins...or Sir Robert Bordens for us Canucks.

Id get the surface perfected if you wanted it to look great. If you are going for protection, you`re using the wrong carnauba. #16 and 476s would be much much better choices.

Post Thanks / Like
    Right now it is starting to get cold (and I do not have a garage) and I really only have a day to get the Klausse AIO on. Time is very limited (I have an infant daughter and the wife only gives me a day here and there to do my fun stuff). So where I would love to go for perfection, I am going to have to settle for protection first then perfection in the spring. For right now I will do a final polish to smooth the surface and bring out shine with Optimum polish (which is a good idea and it is not that time consuming), but I cannot do a total paint correction process right now.

Some of the panels are not as swirled as others so it will give me a good sense of what to expect by looking at those panels.

Lastly, are you saying that I should just layer the 476s over the Klasse and forget about the Soveran for now? That was a thought, especially since winter is on it`s way quickly. #16 I can no longer find, would #26 also work.

Thread Information