Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Six-Speeder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jek Hawkins
    Acura FTW!
    Wow, thanks for the bump and compliments guys! lol

I threw the 19" wheels back on it, and had a friend take some pics last weekend...

PS, for you locals, the car is going back into the Acura of Tempe showroom on Saturday, December 8th, and will be there until Christmas.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of wheels are those?? Superb pics by the way!
    Triple Honda Owner

Six-Speeder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoiledMan
    What kind of wheels are those?? Superb pics by the way!
    Thanks! My friend Dax took them (www.dmrprophoto.com).

They are 19" 3-piece, diamond cut Racing Hart C2`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I`m just so impressed with your car! I have C2`s on my GS-R.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Quite a rare car you`ve got there! Kudos for keeping in such tip-top condition!

-Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Great photos! I still can`t believe it looks that good after 300K.
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    i`m back, lol! so u wer mentioning u had the interior redone in Katzkin? could you tell me more? i have my `96 Integra LS that could really make use of a new interior (i`m second owner, not my fault, honest) the site only says buckets & console for my car, maybe i am interpreting it wrongly? it`s a while away since i would never have a leather interior without tinted windows, but i`m looking around for recommended places
    EXHILARATING THRILL + 34 MPG = INTEGRA

Six-Speeder
    Post Thanks / Like
    i`m back, lol! so u wer mentioning u had the interior redone in Katzkin? could you tell me more?
    Yeah, my seats were done shortly after I got the car. The side bolsters on the driver`s seat were worn, and the leather had gotten kind of "hard" over time. I tried conditioning it but it never got any better. The Katzkin kit was done by a shop that my brother owns, in Utah. I ordered it with the two-tone leather and embroidery.

It ran me about $600 and then the installation my brother did for basically free. I think usually he charges between $1,000 and $1,200 for an entire car with installation (including front seats, rear seat, top of center console, and door panels). There are so many options it`s ridiculous -- perforated, gathered, with piping or without, embroidered, etc. It`s a big job to install it -- you actually remove your old leather completely and install the new stuff with grommets, hooks, etc. The new stuff is super durable and is showing literally no wear after nearly 5 years.

Drop me a PM if you have any more questions. If you were local I`d refer you to my brother`s shop but it looks like you`re in Florida.

Edit: Here, I`ll paste a copy of a thread I made on Acura-Legend.com when I got the new leather. I ended up not using the new door panel leather or center console leather, because mine was still in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by 4cruizn
    Looks like Keith and I both got new leather this week. My kit is the Katzkins taupe with dark brown (gathered) inserts. My brother ordered it through an auto accessory shop he works for, and he also did the install.

I had wanted the "A" emblem on the seatback like Keith has, but ended up with this. It looks okay.

What my driver`s seat bottom used to look like. It was torn badly on the bottom, and the side bolster was cracking and ugly, too. Very dried out.

Comparison of the stock vs. custom leather colors (he was still working on the driver`s seat):

Here`s what the driver`s seat looks like taken apart:

In the shop...

Have not yet installed door panel inserts, center console cover, or seatback pockets.

A few observations:

- I`m used to my slick stock seats; these things really hold onto your butt! It`s a whole different feel

- My car smells really good right now

- No more seat heaters! My brother didn`t bother hooking them up into my new seat covers. I hardly used them anyways.

My old leather was perfect except for the driver`s side seat. If anybody needs a backseat or passenger`s side seat, PM me.

Here`s the box of uninstalled pieces... to be finished soon...

I`m thrilled with the end product. You can tell the kit is high quality; I would recommend it. I`m lovin it.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks lots man! but so the katzkins interior can only be applied to an already leather interior then? (plz plz plz say no! )

Post Thanks / Like
    hey fellow Arizonan! I`m curious as to what product you used (if any) to protect your dash? I only wonder as I just got a new Camry back in January and I`d like to keep my dash in pristine condition for years to come.....

BTW, I did order the 303-Aerospace Protectant.....and I am hoping that will do the job but since you have a car with that many miles on it....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by giga_dude
    hey fellow Arizonan! I`m curious as to what product you used (if any) to protect your dash? I only wonder as I just got a new Camry back in January and I`d like to keep my dash in pristine condition for years to come.....

BTW, I did order the 303-Aerospace Protectant.....and I am hoping that will do the job but since you have a car with that many miles on it....

hey there! i can personally attest to the amazing results you will see with the 303, i have a friend who has been using that for his new Mazda3 hatch, and the results are just staggering! i can`t afford that just yet, buying gifts for my friends, but it`s on my wishlist for sure! i can say you won`t be disappointed with the purchase! :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, looks perfect!

Post Thanks / Like
    is the car still at the dealership?

Six-Speeder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha, the thread got brought back from the dead! Cool.

The car is still my daily driver at 344,000 and counting. Still haven`t had to any major mechanical maintenance - just drive it and get the oil changed like clockwork. I recently had the timing belt and water pump changed -- the car is now on its 5th one of each.

so the katzkins interior can only be applied to an already leather interior then? (plz plz plz say no! )
    No, you can get Katzkins to replace a cloth interior for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by giga_dude
    hey fellow Arizonan! I`m curious as to what product you used (if any) to protect your dash?
    Actually I think my dash has Poorboys Natural Look on it. There is one hairline crack forming on it but overall for having spent a good part of its life in the desert, the dash is near perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by CBlakeNS
    Very nice, looks perfect!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    is the car still at the dealership?
    It`s not. It was at Acura of Tempe for 3 weeks. It is now again pounding the pavement and looking forward to 350,000 and then 400,000 miles. I`ve had some fun adventures with the car over the last several months, including an off-roading trip to Monument Valley.

Monument Valley (56k no no) - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

I also added a 1994 Legend GS 6-speed sedan to the garage (only 134k on it though). I decided to duplicate an Acura promotional picture I had seen:

So I enlisted the help of my friend John with a black NSX and we got one that I think looks better than the original

Another shot of my 6-speed sedan:

I raced the coupe in the 105 mph class of a 100-mile called the Bonneville 100 in Northern Nevada in June.

2008 Bonneville 100: Road Racing the G2 Coupe - The Acura Legend & Acura RL Forum

I also drove the car to Chattanooga, Tennessee and back in July for the 4th annual National Acura Legend meet (pictured 8th from left).

A few more pics of my coupe and sedan together, taken two months ago:

Here`s a very recent YouTube video.

YouTube - Legendary

Thanks for the compliments guys. I`m having a blast with the car and doing my best to keep it clean (thanks to your help and inspiration).

Happy cruizn.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information