Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    2005 Saab 9.2 Aero. Pretty much a WRX with Saab sheetmetal and a somewhat nicer interior. It was pretty swirled up but lucky for me, it has typical soft Subaru paint.

I taped the hood for a good half `n half. Should be pretty obvious which side is which. I used my UDM and an orange swirlbuster pad along with Optimum Polish. Two passes (breaking down OP both times).

By the time I finished, it was only about 30 minutes before sunset so no sun pics. Second day in a row I`ve worked until dark.

After polishing it out with the orange/OP combo, I used Duragloss 101 with a white Sonus polishing pad and topped with Ultima Paint Guard Plus.

==============

2004 Porsche Cayenne. Weekly wash customer, polished it out with Pink Moose and topped with Carnauba Moose about 5 weeks ago. I had to repolish the driver`s side front fender and half the hood due to hard water spots from sprinklers so I figured I`d try out the Duragloss Aquawax I picked up the other day.

Maybe I was expecting too much but I was a bit let down after using it. Over 5 week old Carnauba Moose, there was very little visible difference...basically looked a little brighter. CMW still had good slickness too so AW added only a bit more. Still, it is a really fast way to add some additional protection.

Aquawax on the front door, 5 week old CMW on the rear door. The difference was pretty subtle, I don`t think the camera picked it up but I thought I`d show off my calves after 7 months of regular riding.

I went ahead and AW`ed the whole Cayenne. No problems using it on a pretty warm surface.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    2004 Mercedes AMG S55. Kompressor!!! 493 hp I believe.

Pretty rough shape. The car was repoed from someone who got busted for investment fraud and the law firm wanted the car cleaned up as well as possible so they can sell it and try to get the defrauded investors as much of their money back as possible.

The two passenger side doors were repainted and the hacks at Park Place Mercedes swirled it up nicely...and the lawyer said it was worse the first time.

I used a white Swirlbuster pad and Optimum Hyper Compound via UDM on all the horizontal surfaces and as needed on the verticle ones too. I used it to polish this back fender, but I don`t remember if I had already followed with the orange Swirlbuster pad and Optimum Compound in this shot or not. Door is still untouched.

The UDM is the real deal. No way would the PC have done this much correction.

The door is now polished too.

More holograms!

Orange/OC/UDM combo here. I had to slightly change the angle as the sun was filtering through the trees after polishing the door.

This is after following with Clearkote`s Pink Moose and a green Swirlbuster pad via UDM. didn`t wipe is as clean as I thought but I was fighting changing sun angles all afternoon and had to rush the shots.

Whole passenger side done, white/OHC, orange/OC, green/PM. See how high the sun still is in this shot? I took the final afters at around 30 minutes prior to sunset! I wasn`t able to get the car perfect. The roof was especially bad because someone was obviously setting stuff on it and dragging it off. I was able to make a huge dent in the scratches but some I just couldn`t remove completely. Still, it was a huge improvement.

After polishing the other side and roof, I topped it with Carnauba Moose.

Leather/vinyl cleaned with Woolite/water mix, carpets with BioKleen Traffic Lane Cleaner. Interior protected with Optimum Protectant Plus.

www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    great job Scott, are you going to be using your UDM for correction now instead of the cyclo?
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DieselMDX
    great job Scott, are you going to be using your UDM for correction now instead of the cyclo?

Probably both. The UDM is more manuverable but the Cyclo rocks on SUVs because it can cover more area.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    the paint on the Saab Aero looks so crystal clear.

Amazing work scott!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax

There you go using those exposure tricks again to make us think you took out half those swirls... :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Your work never ceases to amaze me. Each day I jump on here just to see what you`ve posted!
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Every detail looks fantastic!!!!!!!!

PS: the Saab has that Menzerna look

Post Thanks / Like
    A Saabaru!

Quote Originally Posted by mshu7
    Your work never ceases to amaze me. Each day I jump on here just to see what you`ve posted!
    Couldn`t have said it better myself!
    Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

How do you like the PGP compared to the other products you have been using? How does it rate?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking great as always Scott.

Most people say AW is better the next day. Let us know your opinion when you use it more.
    John

JEMM Auto Detailing - Serving the Greater Binghamton, NY area

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmmamg.

Nice work Scott.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej
    Most people say AW is better the next day.

I would agree. I really like AW.
    Mike
    Driven Auto Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    There you go using those exposure tricks again to make us think you took out half those swirls... :lol

:LOLOL An even better trick is how I overexpose the car in person so the person thinks I did a good job on it.

BLKSWAN-when I tried it side by side with Opti-Seal, initially UPGP was noticably wetter. The next morning, both sides looked and felt identical. The biggest selling point with UPGP is the durability, I already expected it to look really good. Side by side with Opti-Seal, it will be a good test of that durability.

audicoupej-thanks for the heads up on AW. I`ll see the Cayenne next Tuesday, plus I put it on another regular`s vehicle.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    What is a UDM?

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information